Profile for WildAtHeart > Reviews

Content by WildAtHeart

WildAtHeart (Newbury, Berks, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Liposomal Glutathione - 100ml - Lipolife
Liposomal Glutathione - 100ml - Lipolife
Offered by detoxpeople

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth persisting with, 5 Aug. 2017
Like many other reviewers I struggled initially with the taste and smell of this supplement, it surely is rotten eggs in a bottle. BUT..... I started off with a very small amount (0.5 ml) with my morning juice, and after a few days seemed to get used to it, so have been increasing gradually. Currently taking 3ml no problem. I wouldn't persist if I didn't feel like the product is doing a massive amount of good, which it is, so a couple of seconds of very mild yukkiness for the first few days was more than worth it. I feel sure this product is really helping my body to recover and heal, and will be ordering the larger bottle next time. I feel generally calmer and more stable, like homeostasis is returning. I take a lot of supplements, they cost a fortune, and this one isn't cheap, but it is one that I would not be without.

Nb I also take some glutathione in transdermal form, Swanson glutathione cream, could be worth a try too?

TRS Singoda Flour (1KG)
TRS Singoda Flour (1KG)
Offered by Healthy Living for You

5.0 out of 5 stars Good source of low lectin/low oxalate carbs, 28 May 2017
This review is from: TRS Singoda Flour (1KG) (Misc.)
I use this flour as it is low oxalate and low lectin as a way of maintaining my carb intake throughout the day. It's a good product.

The Five Invitations: Discovering What Death Can Teach Us About Living Fully
The Five Invitations: Discovering What Death Can Teach Us About Living Fully
by Frank Ostaseski

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful resource, 10 April 2017
This is a really memorable book. As I have been reading it, I have noticed my whole being settling, as if coming in to contact with some deeply nourishing soul-food. One of the invitations is "Find a place of rest in the middle of things" and this is what the book provides: a holding of that place of spaciousness and rest for the reader.
There are many end of life stories in the book, but it is never depressing or sad. The author's own capacity to "be with" whatever arises shines through and through this our own fears and aversion to death can be held gently and with compassion. The way he has worked with his own life experiences serve to show how it is possible to make space for even the most difficult or challenging of circumstances, and allow them to break us open in to our full humanity, which is not always pretty or tidy.
This book is a total delight from start to finish and the wisdom, light and compassionate presence of the author shines through on every page. Don't be put off by the sub title, this is about life in all its glory. Jump right in......

Lightweight folding self propelled wheelchair with quick release wheels and flip up armrests ECSP03

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed and good looking wheelchair, 30 Nov. 2016
I have taken delivery of this chair this morning. It has taken just two days to get here, and was well packaged, fully assembled apart from the foot rests, and just needed to be opened out from its collapsed position.
It looks like a really good, well designed product. There is a brief user manual but everything is very intuitive and easy to use. The foot rests swing inwards, which is good when parking as fewer trip hazards, or outwards and lift off easily. The quick release wheels also remove easily. Adjusting the height of the foot rests was slightly more difficult, but needs doing once and wasn't a problem.
I bought this chair because it seemed a bit less bulky than others, less fussy in its design, and I am pleased with the way it looks, as it looks neat and clean lines. The colour is great, a metallic red.
I don't know how the chair will perform, but will post an update or answer a question. Many parts are plastic so we will see. I spoke to the supplier on the phone before I purchased and they were very helpful and knowledgeable, and this was another reason to buy from them, as I feel like they would be helpful if any problems did arise.
The chair is light and easy to manouvre about the house, but not so light that I can lift it in to the car myself, due to my health and mobility problems, but my partner seems to manage quite easily.
There are no assistant brakes, or cushion, although the seat and back rest are slightly padded, and no lap belt, which I have ordered separately.
I bought this as a first wheelchair to enable me to get out a bit more, not necessarily for continuous everyday use, so will see how it performs but first impressions are good.

Wholefood Earth Sodium Bicarbonate Baking Soda 1 kg
Wholefood Earth Sodium Bicarbonate Baking Soda 1 kg
Offered by Wholefood Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Nov. 2016
Great product, I use it in my bath combined with magnesium salts. Good that it has no aluminium.

How to be Sick: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers
by Toni Bernhard

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really helpful positive book for those with chronic illness, 31 Mar. 2016
This is a brilliant little book, practical, easy to read and understand, and inspiring. I am not a practicing Buddhist but found the Buddhist practices she describes in the book really helpful, simple to assimilate, and made so much sense. I have been suffering chronic ill health for ten years, and whilst searching for cures and struggling to come to terms with the progression of the condition, it has dawned on me that so much of the suffering attached to the illness is mental, and that changing my reactions, beliefs and desires around it might actually help to alleviate the suffering.

When faced with loss (of mobility, career, social life etc) she suggests seeing the thing that has been lost to have been something that existed for a certain number of years. I love this. We will all lose everything eventually, nothing lasts for ever.
There is also a chapter on The Work of Byron Katie, so not entirely Buddhist practice.
Toni Bernhard's wisdom has come through difficult experience and practice, it is not sentimental or off with the fairies, but just has a ring of truth and authenticity to it that shines from the pages.

The Outrun
The Outrun
by Amy Liptrot

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and beautiful memoir, 8 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Outrun (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful book. By the end the author seems to have arrived at a place of healthy acceptance of the wild and self destructive tendencies of her past urban lifestyle. This arises when, on returning to Orkney, she is called to build an organic and nourishing life for herself, through the accumulation of small daily rituals and an immersion in the beauty and rhythms of the natural world around her. Through this process, so much of her wild and dangerous past becomes integrated as a meaningful aspect of her life.
I loved the juxtapositions of raw city life episodes at wild parties and rehab clinics, with the wonderful natural spectacles: roosting seabirds, Northern Lights, starling flocks, and the elusive corncrake.
There is nothing sentimental or flashy about the authors voice, just authenticity and awe and respect for nature, the master healer. I found it a really inspiring memoir of the transition from chaos to healing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2017 4:50 PM BST

Kent KS20 Salon Style Hair Brush
Kent KS20 Salon Style Hair Brush
Offered by HisHersHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for short fine hair, 22 Jan. 2016
This is a great brush, has a nice ridged area on the handle to help grip, and the bristles pass really cleanly and gently through my hair, which is short, fine and quite curly. Really pleased with my purchase.

Carcassonne Winter Edition
Carcassonne Winter Edition
Offered by TradePlus

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic Christmassy Carcassonne, but a bit limited for the rest of the year, 23 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Carcassonne Winter Edition (Toy)
I purchased this game as a Christmas treat or our family, as we have played ordinary Carcassonne a lot and really enjoyed it. The game itself is fun, quite quick to play, easy to learn for all ages and sociable, so all good so far! This is played the same way as basic Cacasonne, so has all the fun of the original but although it is nice to have the wintry scenes, which are nicely drawn, there are some disadvantages to this set.

For starters, the Gingerbread Man, which is a mini expansion set and allows the game to be a bit more complicated for experienced players, is not included as it used to be, which was disappointing. When I purchased it, the Amazon description said that it was included, so I contacted the supplier , who was very helpful. And secondly, I don't think it would be possible to incorporate other expansion sets with this one, as the design is so much different, and having snowy and ordinary tiles next to each other would look odd. So, to summarise this is a bit limited if you want to expand later, but a nice set for winter, maybe just something to bring out each year as part of a family Christmas tradition.

Prestige  Stainless Steel 18 cm  Multi Steamer  - Silver
Prestige Stainless Steel 18 cm Multi Steamer - Silver
Offered by Brands Warehouse Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Super pan set, 9 Nov. 2015
I purchased this set of pans to replace a set from another manufacturer which I had for several years but managed to ruin by boiling peas dry.

This set is a much better size for me, nice proportions as they are narrower and deeper than my previous ones, and just right for 1 - 3 portions in each layer. I really love using them already, and it's so useful to be able to boil potatoes for example in the bottom and steam veg on the top. The top layers also serve as good colanders for draining veg. I am sure I will be using these for many years, as long as I don't let them boil dry like the other set!

Page: 1 | 2