Profile for D. Grayson > Reviews

Content by D. Grayson

D. Grayson

KitchenCraft Fluted Metal Tartlet Tins with Loose Bases, 10 cm (Set of 6)
KitchenCraft Fluted Metal Tartlet Tins with Loose Bases, 10 cm (Set of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars careful when using, they are sharp, 1 May 2010
These are brilliant tart tins, however when I was washing them I cut myself deeply on the inside of the tart tin, so take care when using

Children's Step-by-Step Cookbook
Children's Step-by-Step Cookbook
by Angela Wilkes

3.0 out of 5 stars My children love it, 1 May 2010
My children love this cook book. The recipe for smoothies is gorgeous and we have made a number of times now. My eldest daughter made the mini tarts, again really nice.

The instructions are very easy for children to follow and show pictures for each step.

I would have liked to see a few more recipes in the book, but what is there is good.

Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook 200 Slow Cooker Recipes (Hamlyn All Colour Cookery)
Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook 200 Slow Cooker Recipes (Hamlyn All Colour Cookery)
by Sara Lewis

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for, 1 May 2010
All of these recipes you have to pre-cook everything, which to me seems pointless using a slow cooker. Also this recipe book says you can't cook meat in your slow cooker without filling it up with water first, my other cook book (link below) states otherwise. I have tried cooking a joint of beef and a chicken without adding liquid, they cook in own juices and taste fantastic and take the same amount of time to cook as they do in the oven.

I was looking for a recipe book to get ideas of meals I can make in my slow cooker by putting everything in, no pre cooking needed.

I did however find a book that suits my needs - Slow Cooking Properly Explained: Over 100 Favourite Recipes
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2016 6:05 PM GMT