Profile for A Customer > Reviews

Content by A Customer

A Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Vault X ® Binder - 9 Pocket Trading Card Album Folder - 360 Side Loading Pocket Binder for TCG MTG Pokemon YuGiOh! Star Wars X-Wing WoW ...
Offered by Vault X

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 9 Oct. 2017
Great binder for storing collectable cards - in this situation, it is being used to store Pokemon cards but it would be suitable for any playing card sized collectable card.

Music Complete
Music Complete

2.0 out of 5 stars Music Disappointment, 11 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Music Complete (MP3 Download)
A genuine disappointment and lacking of any of the skill, power, musicality and depth that previous New Order offerings provided. The majority of the tracks feel like New Order by numbers and poor b-sides.

I won't speculate as to why - it could be that the four worked so well together as musicians that removing one of the essential ingredients leaves the whole lacking - but as a life long fan of JD and NO, this feels like an inauspicious death rattle of a band taken one album too far. Perhaps it is time to revisit the solo projects that allowed the band to pursue their respective musical influences and styles.

Sea Monkeys Pirate Treasure
Sea Monkeys Pirate Treasure

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL!, 6 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Sea Monkeys Pirate Treasure (Toy)
I've bought Sea Monkeys before and always had some hatch, perhaps not as many as the pack indicates, but on this occasion, not one hatched. Having followed the instructions to the letter, all I can assume is that this is a bad batch. Unfortunately, I have one disappointed child and as the refund period has expired, I cannot do anything about it. Avoid!

Tomorrow's Harvest
Tomorrow's Harvest

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh..., 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Tomorrow's Harvest (Audio CD)
"Ugh"... the actual sound I made as I forced myself to listen to this album for the second time. "Ugh" because it felt like having to run a marathon the moment you'd just finished the last one; a crushing monotony of dismal sounds that do not build atmosphere but simply dull the senses and erode your desire to continue listening. Upon the second listen I found myself wondering whether the overwhelming desire to escape the music was akin to what people being sonically tortured must feel like. I can honestly say I want to throw this album away - it really is that poor. Whereas M83, Tangerine Dream, Fragile State, Bliss, etc build sonic landscapes that entice you, Boards of Canada have created the most inharmonious mess with Tomorrows Harvest. It is devoid of musicality, interest and permanence. 'Reach for the Dead' shows a momentary glimpse of the album that could have been but it is momentary and all the more frustrating as a result; a true disappointment after the quality of some of their previous work.

Mini Micro Scooter Neon Yellow
Mini Micro Scooter Neon Yellow

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 7 April 2012
I bought the orange version of this Micro Scooter for my son (3) at Christmas. Due to his age, he has only used it when supervised; therefore, I know the scooter has not been misused. Nevertheless, after occasional use, the font axel, which the wheels are attached to, has snapped and rendered the Micro Scooter useless. The front wheel mechanism is made of plastic and based on my experience, appears to be very fragile (or perhaps the one I purchased had a defect!). Whatever the case, a poor quality product and a I'm left with an upset three year old.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2012 2:32 PM BST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Item, 7 April 2012

Micro mm0083 - Game Mini Micro Neon Orange
Micro mm0083 - Game Mini Micro Neon Orange

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY Poor Quality, 7 April 2012
I bought this Micro Scooter for my son (3) at Christmas. Due to his age, he has only used it when supervised; therefore, I know the scooter has not been misused. Nevertheless, after occasional use, the font axel, which the wheels are attached to, has snapped and rendered the Micro Scooter useless. The front wheel mechanism is made of plastic and based on my experience, appears to be very fragile (or perhaps the one I purchased had a defect!). Whatever the case, a poor quality product and a I'm left with an upset 3 yer old.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2012 11:51 AM BST

Braun Series 7 790cc Clean & Renew System Electric Rechargeable Male Foil Shaver

1.0 out of 5 stars Braun take another step backward, 22 Sept. 2011
Having used Braun electric shavers for many years (I am now on my 5th) I have seen the quality decrease with each new model. I previously owned a Braun 9595 and like the Braun 790, it was their top shaver at the time. It was a step down in quality (case feel - cheap plastic), durability of the blade (became dull quite quickly and struggled to cut well on the 1st or 2nd pass) and product durability (the side trimmer broke very quickly despite careful and infrequent use). Against my better judgement, I replaced the poor quality 9595 with a 790 and have found, that once more, it is another step backward; Braun quality simple isn't what it once was. Again, I do not find the cutting surface effective (not in relation to a wet shave but in relation to other electric shavers - even my 10-year old Braun!), the shaver feels cheap and nasty. I believe I am now done with Braun and despite the spend on the 790, I have recently purchased a Panasonic, my first one, and even though Amazon has them on sale at nearly half the price of the Braun 790, it feels at least double the shaver and cuts far better: smooth and quickly. Thumbs down for Braun.

Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Men's Electric Foil Shaver with Clean and Charge Station Rechargeable and Cordless Razor

1.0 out of 5 stars Braun take another step backward, 22 Sept. 2011
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2013 8:51 AM BST

NEVER CRY ANOTHER TEAR
NEVER CRY ANOTHER TEAR
Offered by HLRecordsEU

1.0 out of 5 stars New Order? No Way!, 7 Jun. 2010
This review is from: NEVER CRY ANOTHER TEAR (Audio CD)
I honestly do not understand how people can equate this album to a return to form for New Order; even the poorest New Order album far exceeds this half-hearted effort. Yes Bernard Sumner sounds the same (no surprise there) but that is where the similarities stop. The melodies are lacking, the beats are missing or so inconsequential that they may as well not be there and the band doesn't gel, which means there is no sparkle to the music. Quite honestly, I didn't feel that 'Waiting for the Siren's Call' was New Order's best work but it really does exceed this effort - even sustained listening hasn't made me warm to it. A real shame because I wanted it to be a new chapter for this iconic band.

Page: 1 | 2