Profile for Mike > Reviews

Content by Mike

Mike

Merrell Men's Kahuna IIi Hiking Sandals, Beige (Classic Taupe), 11 UK (45 EU)
Merrell Men's Kahuna IIi Hiking Sandals, Beige (Classic Taupe), 11 UK (45 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars These sandles are OK only problem is the elastic front ..., 7 July 2017
These sandles are OK only problem is the elastic front strap is too tight and not adjustable. Aside from that the delivery left the box on my front door step for the world to see not at my neighbour as i requested. Yet the delivery text states delivered to your safe place!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2017 7:02 PM BST

Techlink Overture - Designer Stand For LCD & Plasma TV Up To 50" - Black Gloss Finish With Clear Glass

4.0 out of 5 stars Techlink Overture, 22 May 2012
A well made and strong TV stand that looks good.
Very heavy top, I suppose it has to be to support the TV, but I have my Panasonic 50" hung on the wall above the TV stand.
I use the stand to house my DVD,HDD recorder and Blue Ray player etc.)
So I did not need the very heavy top (watch your fingers when assembling).
However, once assembled it looks great.
The glass door is good in so far as it is out of the way when opened.
My only complaint is the glass door is to heavy for the gas struts that are supposed to cushion its closing. Basically they dont cushion the closing at all , you have to lower the glass carefully. The gas struts are not man enough for the job.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase given its drawbacks as described.

Faithfull ADSS80 Delta Hook and Loop Sanding Sheet (Pack of 25) TR2 90mm P80
Faithfull ADSS80 Delta Hook and Loop Sanding Sheet (Pack of 25) TR2 90mm P80
Offered by AHC (Camberley) Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 90mm !!, 7 July 2011
These sanding sheets are 93mm not 90mm as advertised! It even states 93mm on the packing! Now I have to cut them down by 3 mm to fit my sander.

Casio WV-M120E-1VER Wave Ceptor Solar powered Digital Watch
Casio WV-M120E-1VER Wave Ceptor Solar powered Digital Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Casio WV-M120E-1VER Wave Ceptor Solar powered Digital Watch, 17 Jun. 2011
Excellent watch with very good features that work such as solar power and radio controlled accuracy. BUT, only if you have thin wrists.
I have large wrists, and I found this watch so uncomfortable that I sent it back for a refund. If you have thin wrists get the watch, if you have big wrists dont.

Stanley Heavy-Duty Glue Gun
Stanley Heavy-Duty Glue Gun

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Glue Gun, 11 Feb. 2011
Great glue gun. But what made me buy it from this supplier was the price - 1/2 the price of the shops - same gun !

Veho VCC-A002-WPC Waterproof Case for Muvi Micro Camcorder
Veho VCC-A002-WPC Waterproof Case for Muvi Micro Camcorder
Offered by total digital stores

3.0 out of 5 stars It is waterproof but.........., 11 Jan. 2011
OK, the Veho waterproof case works as a waterproof case but, it also has a so called universal tripod screw thread, which I wanted to use. Unfortunately, the screw thread is anything but universal its a metric M6 thread size where as tripods use a 1/4" 20tpi thread so you cannot put the Veho waterproof case on a tripod!!!
How is that universal ???

Lifesystems Expedition 50+ Repellent - Size 100Ml
Lifesystems Expedition 50+ Repellent - Size 100Ml
Offered by YBMG

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 11 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Exped+Plus 100ml (Sports)
I recently had a holiday in Thailand, before going I was worried about the mosquito problem as they absolutly love me, dont know why but I always get bitten when no one else does, this includes horse flies which are the worse!
I bought 2 tins of Lifesystems DEET 50 and used this from day one in Thailand and did not get bitten once when wearing the Deet50.
The only time I got bitten was when some idiot suggested we go straight from the pool for something to eat. I had no chance to put Deet on as this was in my room -got about 20 bites on my legs and arms in 3 hours! Never went out in the evening without DEET 50 again - it works!