Profile for T. Spencer > Reviews

Magic Smooth Razorless Hair-Removing Cream 6oz/170g
Magic Smooth Razorless Hair-Removing Cream 6oz/170g
Offered by hairnbeautyshop

2.0 out of 5 stars So many lies!!, 8 Dec. 2016
The product manufacturers make some pretty outrageous claims about Magic, so let's go through them one by one:

1. "Light, Fresh Scent"
Easily the biggest wopper of a lie on the bottle! It stinks to high heaven and can only be described as akin to the whiff of burning turds. If that's your bag, go for it. At least it doesn't linger on your skin too long afterwards but it really is unpleasant.

2. "Works in 4 Minutes"
Not in my experience! Bearing in mind I'm a Norwood 7 on the Male Pattern Baldness Scale and had my hair under 1mm in length when I applied to my scalp, you'd probably expect my head to cleared in the 4 min period. But I had to leave it on for around 7 mins (it says to not exceed 7 mins) for it to clear most areas.

3. "Lasts for 4 Days"
Another ENORMOUS porky-pie! I shave my head every day out of necessity. I get the infamous horse-shoe shadow as it grows back in, after around 24 hours, which makes the contrast between bald parts and hairy parts too distinct. My biggest hope with Magic was that it would allow me to at least cut this down to every other day. Not a chance! I would have to use this every single day, same as a razor. This does NOT go deeper than a razor.

4. "Closer than a razor"
Already answered above! A razor blade gives me 24 hours before the shadow grows in. This product is actually WORSE than a razor because it didn't actually eliminate the shadow AT ALL! Yes, it does clear away your surface hair, it does work. But it's much messier, slower and not as effective as a razor, leaving patches all over the place where it didn't work fully. As the instructions say you should leave 24 hours between applications, if it doesn't clear all the hair first time (which it almost certainly won't) then you are screwed and will have to finish the job with a razor anyway!

Maybe this will work better on facial hair, I never tried. But if you are looking for a clean cut bald finish, this is not even close to as effective as a razor blade. I don't suffer from razor bumps, so can't comment on that but I won't be buying again as a solution to having to shave every day.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but doesn't work perfectly., 11 Sept. 2016
I love the idea but in reality, it doesn't quite work. Sound quality is adequate. Don't expect anything superb, this isn't an expensive music system! Be realistic and you'll probably like what you hear. The real issue is not the sound, it's the comfort.

Obviously this is subjective but I would say that unless you sleep on your back, you're likely to have problems. The speakers are thin but 8 hours of anything sandwiched between your ear and the pillow is going to have an impact. I found myself waking up with ear pains after a full night, though it didn't usually get that far as I'd awake in the middle of the night due to being too hot from the head band or too uncomfortable from the speakers. They are also very easily displaced during the night as you move around unconsciously, so it's inevitable unless you sleep like a stone, that you'll find yourself having to take them off.

A pity because it was exactly what I was looking for to listen to subliminals through the night.

Tanega Distressed Leather Mustard Wallet
Tanega Distressed Leather Mustard Wallet

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from the norm., 11 Sept. 2016
Nice wallet, a bit different from the norm with its distressed look. Won't be everyone's cup of tea due to this: having a worn looking wallet is the opposite of what many would want to project to the world! But I'm the one who's gonna be looking at it every day, so I'm the only one that matters! Very cool looking but it is on the large size and will leave a big bulge in your pocket.

Innopure® Co-Enzyme Q10 100mg | Pure Grade & Natural Source of CoQ10 | 90 Capsules, 3 Month Supply
Offered by eBeauty Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't help with my focus issues, 11 Sept. 2016
Did the exact opposite of what I expected! Made me lethargic. I did feel a small change in my hands and feet, as they became a bit warmer, so I imagine if you have genuine circulation problems, this might help. But I bought it to give me energy and help me focus for long periods. I just felt tired and weird! Company did give me a refund though, so no complaints about them.

Law of Attraction and Money: How to Manifest Money and Get Rich...NOW!
Law of Attraction and Money: How to Manifest Money and Get Rich...NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best explanation of how to manifest anything (not just money, 11 Sept. 2016
This is the best explanation of how to manifest anything (not just money, so don't be misled by the title) that I have seen. It's really well written, to the point and most importantly, gives sound practical advice which is easy to put into practice. The author clearly knows her stuff (visit her website for loads of great Q&A about the Law of Attraction).

In all my research on the subject over the past year, I've come to realise that there is no one definitive way to manifest. You have to basically find what works best for you and that will ultimately be what you feel most comfortable with and what you believe and have faith in the most. But for me, Elizabeth Daniel's way (or at least, the way she explains how to do it) was the simplest, most comprehensive and clearly expressed. And it does work ;-)

The Biology of Belief: Unleashing The Power Of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles
The Biology of Belief: Unleashing The Power Of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles
by Bruce H. Lipton

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book!, 11 Sept. 2016
Many of us are waking up to the true facts about the health industry, pharmaceutical companies, scientists, doctors etc and this book with confirm and expand upon these truths, backing them up with hard facts and real scientific data from a man who has made it his life work. He also goes even deeper, delving into quantum physics, spirituality, "god" and the big questions of life, such as who are we and what power do we really have within us?

Yes, it does get a little dry and technical in places, as Lipton delves into biological explanations but in all honesty, as a lay-person with no great interest in and little knowledge of the subject, I found it didn't matter. Those sections are more for those within the scientific field and as proof of the knowledge, passion and insight he has on the subject. As long as you understand the gist of what the science proves, you'll be fine. What's really interesting is Lipton's own back-story. That is what keeps you turning pages and what makes this book such a compelling and enjoyable read.

Nordic Oil High Strength 500ml Omega 3 Fish Oil. Lemon Flavoured and 3rd Party Tested
Offered by Nordic Oil EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Ber careful if you have a shellfish allergy, 11 Sept. 2016
I have a shellfish allergy and this oil has given me the exact same reaction I normally get to shellfish. I'm absolutely fine with fish in general though and that's why I'm writing this review, as there is no shellfish in the ingredients. I returned for a full refund, so no complaints about the company but anyone with a shellfish allergy should be very careful.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars OK plugs but wax ones are better, 11 Sept. 2016
They do a reasonable job of shutting out noise (certainly better than the foam ones out there) but you can't mould them into your ear canal and that means there's only so much they can keep out. I also had some fairly painful earaches and soreness after some nights of useage. They may be mouldable but they are still quite hard and this can hurt if you sleep with your ear to the pillow. I had to stop using. I recommend going for wax alternatives such as Quies.

Scholl Fungal Nail Treatment 3.8ml
Scholl Fungal Nail Treatment 3.8ml
Offered by TehnomaxTRXit

1.0 out of 5 stars Still have fungus!, 11 Sept. 2016
Didn't work at all for me and I only have an infection on my pinky toe-nail!

Quies Boules Natural Wax Earplugs 8 Pairs of Earplugs
Quies Boules Natural Wax Earplugs 8 Pairs of Earplugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Best earplugs I've used!, 11 Sept. 2016
And I've tried a few in my attempts to shut out the annoying neighbours! These are in a different league to the foam ones, which tend to fall out in the night, or the silicone types which I find hurt my ears and given me some genuine health problems. The combination of wax and cotton wool allows you to easily mould them to fit comfortably into your ear canal and then after a few minutes, your body temperature softens them so that you can further mould them so they stay in your ears, shut out most noise and rarely fall out.

They might seem a little expensive compared to other plugs but are worth every penny, as they simply to a great job. I usually manage to make a pair last an entire week (yes, it says to only use once but if you clean your ears thoroughly and pick out any dirty bits of wax on the plug itself, these will keep their softness for several days).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4