Profile for M. Jones > Reviews

Content by M. Jones

M. Jones "Mustangman" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sacred Blood, Divine Lies (Cd+Dvd)
Sacred Blood, Divine Lies (Cd+Dvd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan-bloody-tastic!, 24 April 2016
An essential purchase for any Rock fan. I didn't think it was possible for Magnum and Bob Catley to sound any better but they somehow managed it with this album. Full marks to Tony Clarkin for some awesome songwriting and arranging too.

A Hero Of War - An Adrian Hell Novella (Adrian Hell Series)
A Hero Of War - An Adrian Hell Novella (Adrian Hell Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backstory to Adrian Hell's beginnings, 8 April 2016
Just finished 'A Hero of War' and thought it was really good. Very interesting back story and a good story in it's own right. I had already read all the other books first but didn't find it a problem at all with not being in order chronologically. I guess anyone who hasn't started the series yet would be good to start with this but it doesn't matter either way.

Deadly Intent - Adrian Hell #4 (Adrian Hell Series)
Deadly Intent - Adrian Hell #4 (Adrian Hell Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a great read but with some unexpected twists., 22 Feb. 2016
Although this is still a great read it wasn't what I was expecting,or indeed wanting,after enjoying the first 3 books so much. I can't say why without giving spoilers away so I'll just say that it wasn't as satisfying to me personally as I wasn't enamoured by the direction it took or the way it ended, albeit it doesn't end as such in that the story continues in book 5 so you really need to take them both as a sort of 2 part story.

It's as though the first three books are a trilogy of sorts and the next 2 are a different entity altogether. Adrian Hell himself seems to change in this and the next book and become more vulnerable and in some ways less efficient and capable which I found a little disappointing. I know things can't stay the same forever and some readers may like the change but I'd have preferred a few more stories like the first 3 beforehand, but maybe that's just me.

Don't be put off though because it's still a great series and I think 'Adrian Hell' is the best character for a very long time and I look forward to reading many more in the future.

If I Can Dream: Elvis Presley With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
If I Can Dream: Elvis Presley With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 22 Feb. 2016
I've always been an Elvis fan but I'm sorry to say that I didn't like this at all simply because the choice of tracks is very poor, which is a shame because the production of course is great as you would expect and with a better song selection it could have been brilliant.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2016 5:16 PM GMT

One Last Bullet - Adrian Hell #3 (Adrian Hell Series)
One Last Bullet - Adrian Hell #3 (Adrian Hell Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for action fans., 22 Feb. 2016
Plenty of action once again and the same Adrian Hell sense of humour that made the first two books so enjoyable. This was another one of those times when I got through the book in no time at all because I couldn't wait to see what happened next and it didn't disappoint. I won't go into detail because I don't want to give any spoilers but rest assured there are some loose ends tied up in this one and I for one found it all very satisfying.

A Necessary Kill (Adrian Hell Series Book 5)
A Necessary Kill (Adrian Hell Series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and Thrilling once again., 14 Feb. 2016
A gripping build up to a thrilling climax. I enjoyed the ride but have to say I didn't enjoy the ending or the tangent taken in the previous book and this one as I personally like more satisfying endings. I won't give details on that because I would have to give lots of spoilers to do so which would ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it yet. I will say though that although the general theme and ending weren't to my personal taste it has definitely left me very eager to see where it goes from here!

On Christmas Day
On Christmas Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 3 Dec. 2015
This review is from: On Christmas Day (MP3 Download)
Magnum, brilliant as always.

Bose Solo 15 Series II TV Sound System - Black
Bose Solo 15 Series II TV Sound System - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound, Great Quality, Easy to set up, just a bit overpriced!, 25 Oct. 2015
I've had this for just over a week now and I'm very impressed with the sound and ease of setup. My wife loves it because it doesn't have loads of wires trailing around the room as my present setup does. It doesn't provide quite as immersive an experience as my previous 5.1 home cinema system, especially with action films, but it's not far off and I could certainly live with it in our small room. Considering the size of it and the fact it's all in one unit it has surpassed my expectations.
The instructions are good and everything is really easy to setup. You even get a book with all the codes in for lots of devices so you can link them to the Universal remote which in itself is brilliant, feeling solidly built and tactile without being heavy.Within a few minutes of opening the box I had it working, operating my TV and Sky box and had it synched to turn all 3 on and off together. That is a great feature, although a bit of a double edged sword because sometimes I want to use the game console and then I have to go back to the original remote to turn off the Sky box whilst leaving the others on and also use my TV remote to switch the output to the game, so I think on a long term basis I would probably not use the synch option and would continue to use the separate remotes as it's just easier and quicker.
The sound, which after all is the most important thing, is excellent. The 'dialogue' button is a nice touch as it simply turns the bass on and off. It certainly makes a difference and is useful if you're watching something that's primarily dialogue and you want to hear it clearer without the bass which can sometimes drown out the voices. A nice addition on this model is that you can adjust the bass with the remote control which really is a necessity and should have been like that on the first model anyway.
The worst things for me are:
(1) There is no indication of the sound level when you're adjusting it apart from the light on the unit flashing each time you press the button on the remote. It really needs a number display so you know what it's set to. That applies to the overall volume and also the bass.
(2) The price. At £400 I think it's overpriced and you could probably get a good home cinema system which would give better surround sound. It all depends what your priorities are regarding trailing wires around the house, if you watch a lot of films and how big your room is. If this was around the £250 mark I would say go for it without a doubt.

Rexel Style+ Cross Cut 7-Sheet Paper and Credit Card Shredder with 12 L Pullout Bin and View Window

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Rubbish! Would give a zero rating if I could., 28 Aug. 2015
It didn't cut like it was meant to. It just did strips rather than cross-cut and it didn't even cut them properly, it left them attached to each other in long strips. Anyone getting access to this afterwards would have no trouble at all putting it back together and finding out your details. We never even got to try it at maximum load because it wouldn't even cut one sheet properly! The blades must have been totally blunt which led me to believe it was a reject or something.

Bonsaii DocShred C156-C 8-Sheet Micro-Cut Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder, Overload and Thermal Protection, P-3 DIN Level, 3 Minutes Continuous Running Time, 21 Litre Wastebasket Capacity, Basket Window
Offered by Treasure Nova

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Better than more well known brands., 28 Aug. 2015
We bought a more well known brand first and it was absolute rubbish so we sent it back. We looked at reviews of other shredders and the ones for this seemed very positive so although we were skeptical about buying a brand we hadn't heard of before we decided to go for it but needn't have worried as this is brilliant. It does the job perfectly. I just shredded a plastic card and it cut it up just as small as regular paper. It has a good size bin too which means you don't have to empty it too often.

As this product performs much better than expected I have no hesitation in giving it 5 stars and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality, affordable cross-cut shredder.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5