Profile for Rambling Man > Reviews

Content by Rambling Man

Rambling Man "Rambling Man" (teenage wasteland)

Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven and Hell with Black Sabbath
Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven and Hell with Black Sabbath
by Tony Iommi

3.0 out of 5 stars The story is great, the writing style not so much..., 29 Nov. 2011
If you are a Black Sabbath fan, as I am, you will buy this book nonetheless.
The stories are great, the commentaries on every Sabbath album insightful. Tony's portrait emerges as a very down-to-earth guy who won over adversities with just stubborness and the gift of believing in himself.
That said, the writing style of this book is very dull. Divided in short chapters, it's always "We did this, we went there". "I said this, he said that". It's really transparent that is based on interviews and the ghost writer just put together the pieces. Considering Tony's unbelievable personality, it could have come out much better. But still, maybe this is the way Tony wants to look.

Sekonda Model 3038.27 Gents Chronograph Leather Strap Watch
Sekonda Model 3038.27 Gents Chronograph Leather Strap Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars 70s feel and great look!, 7 Feb. 2011
It's a very nice watch. It has the look and feel of a 70s James Bond movie and that's what I was looking for. Great value for money. Recommended.