Profile for Harry > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Modem Router
TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Modem Router
Offered by TSR Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I wanted it to. Very good value. Happy customer., 22 July 2015
I used this to get an ADSL connection to my home where I use a TP-Link Archer C5 1200AC router, I bought that router to replace my HomeHub 4 which was... not very good. Lots of drop outs and inconsistent performance with multiple users.

In the box was:
- The device (I received a V8 version)
- An ADSL Filter
- An ADSL cable
- Instructions & Setup CD

I used the web portal (device is 192.168.1.1 on your network) and first updated the firmware, after that I set it up with BT using bthomehub@btbroadband.com, connected it to the WAN port on my router and set that up as well. I'm using OpenDNS and the network is much better and is coping with multiple users very well. This £11 device has way more settings than the HomeHub did as well. It has QoS, DNS, NAT and it has solid logging of the network.

Very happy for my £11 spent.

Sumvision LED Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Kane Pro Gaming LED Keyboard and LED Adjustable DPI Mouse
Offered by Capital Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 Jun. 2015
Great value for money.

I use this as a nighttime keyboard as my family members complained my cherry MX keyboard was too loud. The backlight on the board is balanced so some areas aren't lighter than others and the effect is pleasing. It has 4 levels of adjustment (brightest, dimmer, dim and off).

I cannot comment on the mouse as I gave it to my brother (I already have another mouse that I like to use) but my brother is very happy with it.

One downside of the keyboard is it does flex quite a bit but I am comparing it to my £70 keyboard.

Cooler Master Nepton 280L Liquid CPU Cooler "RL-N28L-20PK-R1, Dual JetFlo 140mm fans, Unique LED Illumination on Water Block Lens"

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good but the fans need to be run at a ..., 24 Jun. 2015
It's good but the fans need to be run at a locked RPM or they are far too loud.

The pump also makes a high pitched whining noise and I could only solve it by setting my fan curve to low on my motherboard.

Perixx DX-1000L Gaming Mouse Pad - 320x270x2mm Dimension - Non-Slip Rubber Base - Special Treated Textured Weave
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 24 Jun. 2015
I am happy with the product for the money I spent. I wanted to buy a bigger mousemat so I could play games like counter strike comfortably without having to pick up and move my mouse if I needed to turn around.

The quality exceeded my expectations and I'd recommend this product to anyone who wants a larger mouse mat.

Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo Processor - 3.00 GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Socket LGA775, 45 nm, 3 Year Warranty, Retail Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 16 Sept. 2014
I bought this to upgrade my server from a old Pentium E2200 CPU to something a bit beefier. I managed to overclock this to 4.2GHz at STOCK voltage (no extra heat/power consumption!) and it runs about twice as fast as the old CPU. Fantastic!

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Graphics Card (2GB GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, VGA)

2.0 out of 5 stars The competition have better cards., 4 Sept. 2014
The competition have better cards for the money, my brother wanted a nvidia card so we were landed with this. Quite disappointed compared to similarly priced AMD cards I've used.

AMD APU A6-6400K Black Edition (3.90GHz  Richland Dual Core Processor, Socket FM 2) (AD640KOKHLBOX)
AMD APU A6-6400K Black Edition (3.90GHz Richland Dual Core Processor, Socket FM 2) (AD640KOKHLBOX)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK., 19 Aug. 2014
It's a dual core. Performance is all right as long as you either a) play indie games at 720p or b) just want to browse the web

AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core (3.5/4.1GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 6MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 95W, Retail Boxed)

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good as long as your applications make use of the ..., 14 Aug. 2014
It's good as long as your applications make use of the cores, otherwise the superior IPC of Haswell in the similarly priced i3 will make it a better choice.

Also note AM3+ is DEAD.

MSI AMD R9 280 Gaming Graphics Card (3GB, GDDR5)
MSI AMD R9 280 Gaming Graphics Card (3GB, GDDR5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card., 27 July 2014
I own the last gen Radeon 7950 which is the same card itself, also an MSI Twin Frozr design.

I play all my games maxed out at 60fps (1080p of course).

Highly recommend for the price, blows the nvidia GTX760 out of the water.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2015 8:06 PM BST

Intel Core i5 4690K Processor (3.5 GHz, 6 MB Cache, LGA1150 Socket)
Intel Core i5 4690K Processor (3.5 GHz, 6 MB Cache, LGA1150 Socket)

5.0 out of 5 stars What Haswell should have been the 1st time., 10 July 2014
OK so here we have Devil's Canyon. Not much attention was given to the i5 between the i7 hitting 4.4GHz out of the box and the £50 Pentium that overclocks.

I had the Pentium and I was a bit naive as to how far a dual core might get me in modern gaming etc (not very).

So I bought a 4690K as I don't really need Hyperthreading.

Games = fantastic. Best gaming CPU.
Performance = equally outstanding

Overclocking, OK so every CPU is different. Some peoples Pentiums got to 4.8GHz on 1.25v, mine wouldn't do 4.2ghz @ 1.35v. The same will apply to i5s, my particular sample is running @ 4.7GHz / 1.225v so VERY good for Haswell.

But it is still Haswell- so don't expect to be doing 5GHz like you used to be able to with Sandybridge.

But the temperatures are no longer an issue; with a £28 Hyper 412S I managed to get my overclock running at 60c under stress testing. Simply amazing as '1st gen' Haswell would have rocketed straight to 80c.

So it's good- but it's still Haswell so don't expect to be getting 5GHz.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3