Profile for Mel Lacey > Reviews

Content by Mel Lacey

Mel Lacey (Norfolk, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Night School: (Jack Reacher 21)
Night School: (Jack Reacher 21)

1.0 out of 5 stars How did this rubbish get published?, 21 July 2017
Awful. The worst Reacher book ever. The story staggers along like a confused drunk struggling to get home. I cannot believe that Lee Child read through this story after writing it and was satisfied with his work. Had it been anyone other than Child, I am sure it would not have been published.
I've read all the Reacher books and this one will probably be the final nail in the coffin. No more please!

uSkin Care Anti Ageing Vitamin C Serum for Face, 1 fl.oz (30 ml)
uSkin Care Anti Ageing Vitamin C Serum for Face, 1 fl.oz (30 ml)
Offered by uSkin Care Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars APALLING DELIVERY SERVICE, 14 July 2017
This excellent product would receive five stars for its value and quality. My wife is very happy with it and will buy it again.
But the manufacturers have been badly let down by Amazon's appaling delivery service. It was promised, in writing, for 28/6/17 but arrived the next day after we had left for holiday. And Amazon had the audacity to change it from a free delivery to a paid delivery to ensure we got it on time!

Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
Scaredy Cat (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling drivel..., 28 Jun. 2017
I've tried so hard to get into this book purely on the fact there is an alleged quote from Lee Child on the back cover. As such, I thought it must be a good read. Well, it isn't. By page 100, which took me a long time to get there, I have decided to abandon it.
The story opened well, but quickly descended into a collection of seemingly irrelevant conversations between more characters than would figure in a whole series of Lee Child books.
I cannot recommend this book in any way. And I seriously question where the five star reviews come from. Very poor and complicated drivel.

Never Never: (Harriet Blue 1) (Detective Harriet Blue Series)
Never Never: (Harriet Blue 1) (Detective Harriet Blue Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars First time I've given a poor review on a JP book..., 8 May 2017
Monotonous. Worst James Patterson book I have ever read. Or is this poor story down to his co-author? Give this one a miss!

The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope, Book 2)
The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just slightly off key..., 1 May 2017
Good read, albeit not quite as good as the majority of his other books.

Energizer Accu Recharge 800MAh AAA Extreme 1.2V Batteries, 4 Batteries
Energizer Accu Recharge 800MAh AAA Extreme 1.2V Batteries, 4 Batteries
Offered by TradeNRG (UK VAT Registered)

1.0 out of 5 stars You are buying FOUR batteries, not six..., 4 April 2017
Deceiving packaging. I needed and thought I was buying, six batteries. Now I'm two short. Whilst there is nothing wrong with the batteries, there were other cheaper packs of four available. Yes, I should have looked more closely at the picture, but I bet I'm not the first and will not be the last, to be caught out by this.

The Steel Kiss: Lincoln Rhyme Book 12 (Lincoln Rhyme Thrillers)
The Steel Kiss: Lincoln Rhyme Book 12 (Lincoln Rhyme Thrillers)
by Jeffery Deaver

1.0 out of 5 stars Abandoned halfway through..., 4 April 2017
Oh dear, what a tedious and over complicated story. It is little more than a collection of conversations between various characters in the story. It was so long ago when I read my first and only other Deaver book. I knew I hadn't liked it, but couldn't remember why. Now I do, it was boring and so is this one - my second and last Deaver. I cannot recommend this book at all.

The Death of Kings (Emperor Series, Book 2)
The Death of Kings (Emperor Series, Book 2)
by Conn Iggulden

1.0 out of 5 stars Struggling to get into this disjointed story, 19 Feb. 2017
The opening pages of this book showed great promise and after a short session, I put it down looking forward to reading more. But the promise did not materialise and reading it has become hard work. Currently on the verge of abandoning it at page 150. I now realise why it was such a cheap offer.

Alert: (Michael Bennett 8)
Alert: (Michael Bennett 8)
by James Patterson

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Patterson fan, but NOT this book!, 1 Sept. 2016
I always thought James Patterson books could be relied upon to capture my imagination and keep me hooked to the very end, but not this one...
It was a struggle to persevere with this one and I'm surprised I made it to the end. At times it was quite laborious.
In these 'two author books' you have to wonder who writes what? This certainly wasn't up to the usual Patterson standard.

Connect Zone® PU Leather Flip Wallet Case Cover Pouch for Samsung Galaxy S7 - with Screen Protector + Polishing Cloth - Black + Mini Stylus
Offered by Connect Zone®

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, fast delivery., 24 April 2016
At the same time I bought this case at £2.99 for my new S7, I bought a new case at £6.99 for my old S5. This cheaper one was much better value. Arrived after two days - and that was the free post. Nice fit and came with stick, cloth and screen protector. Front flap of case seems a bit bendy, but at the price, I can live with that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5