Profile for Jimmy Schmoove > Reviews

A.D.H.D.
A.D.H.D.
Offered by positivenoise

1.0 out of 5 stars Really?, 15 Nov. 2009
This review is from: A.D.H.D. (Audio CD)
Well, I usually go out on a whim and buy a CD without knowing what its like. I'd heard of this guy by name only. If I'm honest I really wish I had picked something else.

Really, I only have myself to blame as I should have known that this is a Hip-Pop CD. Measure this up against Chipmunk, Dizzee Rascal or Tinchy Stryder's albums and you will see that Master Shortie has a long way to go. First he must really decide what genre he belongs in.

If you like "Bubblegum Rap" then go ahead and buy the album, but for anyone who enjoys the aspect of listening to every note in a generally entertaining song with clever rhymes look elsewhere.

Fun DMC
Fun DMC

4.0 out of 5 stars P.U.T.S. do it again..., 15 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Fun DMC (Audio CD)
Having only discovered People Under The Stairs from the album Stepfather (while bored with other hip hop and flicking through to find something new), it was a welcome suprise to see P.U.T.S. puttin out a fresh album.

Although I've only listened to the new album through twice, they bring a new (or old) dimension back into their music, sampling Public Enemy and even 2pac's California love.

I would recommend this cleverly put together album to anyone who likes the fun type of Hip Hop that they produce and anyone looking for a new music direction...oh and of course it helps if you like barbeques.

Turning Point: Parental Advisory
Turning Point: Parental Advisory
Offered by Global_Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Master P Jnr Delivers, 7 Feb. 2005
Master P's Son Mario, has now come of age. He's shaved off his braids and has left his last Major release "Just a Friend" behind him. The best song on the album is most definitely "Let Me Love You". For first time listeners or people interested in this album, think... The sounds of Usher's "Yeah" crossed with the sophistication and words of Donnell Jones. This is one album you should definitely have if you like "bumcheek" tunes

Upwards [New Version]
Upwards [New Version]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Boundaries, 19 May 2004
This review is from: Upwards [New Version] (Audio CD)
Not being a big fan of UK Hip Hop [Apart from Roots Manuva], I was a bit skeptical at buying this album. I went for it anyway after hearing the original mix of 'Oh You Wnat More' which also features Roots Manuva on it. The first time I listened to it I was pleasantly suprised at what I heard. Being british hip hop I thought the beats would be poorly produced but from start to finish this album ranks up there with a lot of other excellent hip hop albums I own. Ty keeps it real and a lot of his joints relate to everyday life on the dark streets, but adds a few comical aspects to them. Not only does the album sound good but an added bonus is the remixes featured at the end of the album. 'Oh You Want More?' is remixed twice, the refix [The joint that is released] vibes on an indian style and the best joints on the album are remixed too.
If you are a bit skeptical about UK hip hop I urge you to buy this album as I believe it borders on the lines of U.S. Beats, UK lyrics. You won't be disappointed.

Vocal Fusion Episode 2
Vocal Fusion Episode 2
Offered by InfinityBuys

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Garage Album Ever, 24 Mar. 2004
This review is from: Vocal Fusion Episode 2 (Audio CD)
Creed does it again. Bringing us these Garage Cuts is the Pied Piper on the decks, but the addition of the vocal fusion crew and Creed Himself makes it even better. This Album is undoubtably the best Garage Album ever put together with the exception of Pure Garage 1. If you buy this album u wont be disappointed it is PHAT. Collect all 3 and u wont buy another Garage album ever! Unfortunately the Vocal Fusion Crew lost one of its members Charlie Brown (R.I.P. you were the greatest) but it is still a solid album. Get This Now.

Take A Look Over Your Shoulder (Reality)
Take A Look Over Your Shoulder (Reality)
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic YOU MUST HAVE, 23 Mar. 2004
First of all, I must thank Warren G if he ever reads this for influencing my life and giving me the world of hip hop. I bought this album the day it was released. Id heard his remixes of I shot the sheriff and whats love got to do with it and the infamous regulate, and thought Id give it a try. Little did I know it but this cd is and always has been the best hip hop album ive bought (coming a close second has gotta be can-i-bus).
This Album has everything you could want in a hip hop album. Its breaks differ so much but everyone sounds fresh and can easily bounce you around. Tracks such as Reality give it a raw fast rappin' flow i put next to notorious thugs by biggie, and tracks such as Smokin' me out give it that chilled out aspect. This album is one of the albums you can put on and not want to skip a single track at all, then you'll get up and put it on repeat again and again. This album never gets old and is definitely a hidden classic. If you like this you will definitely go out and get all his other albums which have attracted such big names as snoop and nate dogg. If I was a hip hop artist, this is who I would work with. check out Return of the regulator and other great G-Funk Productions. Geezy-Weezy is here to stay forever.

UK Garage Project (DVD + Audio CD) (Mixed by Masterstepz, Bobby & Steve, Mike "Ruff Cut" Lloyd)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bring Back The Old Days...., 20 Aug. 2003
I Remember when I first heard UK Garage. Garage used to be fun to listen to (until it went commercial) and I remember sittin' by the radio with a tape in recording and listening to pirate garage stations. Well if that was you then this is the CD/DVD for you. First of all, what pushed it up to 4 stars was the bonus that you get a cd AND a dvd in the box! There are 3 options on the dvd and other options follow those! There is a UK Garage mix by Masterstepz which is 18 tracks long with no track under 3 mins and comes to a total of 70 minutes. Not only that but you can choose to either listen just to the mix or include vocals from MC CKP (who I must say is one of my favourite MC's), or just listen to a specific track. If you like looking at some fit girls, bubblin around on the dancefloor then this is the DVD for you. Although you do get the odd minger who looks like shes walked off the street in trainers! This is the best part of the DVD I would say.
The other option you have is to listen to Bobby and Steve in a 30 minute US Garage mix. Not being a fan of US Garage, i didn't go into it with an unbiased mind. The visuals include 30 mins of Bobby and Steve walking through streets in America meeting some 'unusual' people, then going to a club playing a set while flowers appear on the screen and balloons are dropped on the crowd, who I really must say do not look like they are dancing to the tunes you are listening to (but they dance badly anyway!). I must say this is the worst part of the DVD, even US Garage fans I believe would be disappointed in this as it is too short.
The Third option is to watch the full 100 minutes of the DVD together, ideal for a party of just to sit back and chill to. Even Better though, no more listening to dodgy garage stations crackling signals, listen to garage in either DOLBY 5.1 or DOLBY DIGITAL!!!!
With old school tracks such as Y-Tribes - Enough is Enough, and Liferide - NNG feat. MC CREED, this DVD is excellent value and even better it comes with a separate CD with all different tracks on it too, which I must say are all classics.
Old school underground ravers will love this DVD/CD, and I also recommend this to those who want to follow the UK garage scene from way back.
Excellent value and well worth the money, buy this now!