Profile for neverlution > Reviews

"neverlution"

Bleed The Dream: Built By Blood (+ DVD) [Us Import]
Bleed The Dream: Built By Blood (+ DVD) [Us Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic (well, for me at least), 17 Aug. 2005
I'm writing this review because I somehow heard about this band (can't remember how) and I nearly didn't buy this when I found there wasn't a single review here. After all, how good can an album be that nobody's bothered to review?
Very good. No, exceptional. And I wouldn't want any other potential Bleed The Dream fan to miss out on this amazing offering because I couldn't be bothered to spend 10 minutes expressing my gratitude for this masterpiece.
I love stuff like old A Static Lullaby (stay away from their new album), UnderOath, and Silverstein and Bleed The Dream take the best bits of each band and make them one. Seriously.
Some songs are louder than loud, but there's always a perfect blend of singing and screaming...and it's not your classic rubbish Hawthorne Heights etc style "screaming"...it's the real deal.
You can feel the emotion in every single syllable Brandon lets out of his mouth. It's more than music on this album, it's an experience. A great one at that. The album as a whole is what I listen to to psyche me up or shake off nerves etc...listen to this album and you can do anything!
Also, be sure to read the band's info on purevolume and be amazed and heartbroken at the story of Scott, the drummer's, commitment to the band. I urge you to. It shows there are still truly great men in rock. R.I.P. Scott Gottlieb and thank you for the music.