Profile for Photo19 > Reviews

ExpoImaging Rogue FlashBender small diffusion panel
ExpoImaging Rogue FlashBender small diffusion panel
Offered by WestBase Direct - UK VAT

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 15 Jun. 2017
Does what it says. Effective at softening light, better than the flashbender alone. But arrived loose in a grey outer transport bag, no box or instructions - was hoping to give as a gift but can't as a result of that.

Sony PCK-LM17 Semi Hard Screen Protect Sheet for α6000
Sony PCK-LM17 Semi Hard Screen Protect Sheet for α6000

5.0 out of 5 stars Foolproof, 7 Jun. 2017
Extremely easy to fit to my a6300 - perfect result with no bubbles, gaps or slippage. Would recommend.

GGS Self-Adhesive Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector for Sony ILCE-7M2 Alpha 7 II
Offered by Cameramarket UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Jun. 2017
I regret purchasing this screen protector and I'm wishing I'd bought the relevant Sony one, which I have on another camera. By comparison the GGS version was much more fiddly to fit, more prone to bubbles, and no matter how many times I carefully repositioned it I cannot get rid of a noticeable gap in one of the corners. The effect is a little unsightly but at least I have got something on my camera to protect the screen whilst seeking a replacement.

3 x atFoliX Protector Film Canon PowerShot G5 X Protective Film - FX-Antireflex-HD Antireflection for high-resolution screens

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Result, 3 Mar. 2017
These went on perfectly with no bubbles or dust specks (antireflective for Canon G5X). Perhaps that was just luck, as I've had hit and miss results with similar products from the same brand.

3 x atFoliX Screen Protector Fujifilm X-T10 Screen Protection Film - FX-Antireflex anti-reflective

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, 3 Mar. 2017
I've used this brand a couple of times in the past, with reasonable success.The last lot (antireflective, for my G5X) went on flawlessly, but I struggled with these antireflective XT10 screen protectors. The problem is a lack of adherence along one edge, and the difficulty in getting this particular protector in exactly the right position in order to avoid that - which would have been easier had it been only about a millimetre smaller. In the end I worked my way through all three in the pack before discarding all of them. I've had plenty of practice at fitting these - it's just that some of them don't seem to work very well, and others do.

You'll have to go online to see any instructions - the instructions could easily have been printed on the blank side of the large card insert which comes in the packet.

Duronic HDC2 Small Black EVA Carry Case for External Portable Hard Drive - Suitable for WD/western digital | Toshiba | Buffalo | Hitachi | Seagate | Samsung | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB | 3TB Hard Black Carrying Case
Offered by DURONIC

2.0 out of 5 stars Chemical Smell, 3 Mar. 2017
I'm wishing I'd spent a bit more on something better quality. It's not that this case isn't functional - it's the fact that it emanates an incredibly strong chemical smell which is left on your skin after handling, it really reeks. After putting my nose against the case to have a sniff my throat felt a bit sore. It's not worth the cost of a return and I'll be putting this outside in the bin pretty quickly.

Daler Rowney Cotswold Studio Easel
Daler Rowney Cotswold Studio Easel
Offered by Crafty Arts

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Easel, 17 Feb. 2017
I've been looking for a smart and sturdy easel to display artwork as part of an exhibition/qualification. Initially I made the mistake of buying a much cheaper softwood version and as soon as I saw it I realised it wasn't up to scratch. I wish I had bought the Cotswold easel to begin with because it is very handsome and perfect for display. It is big in person - the central extension post is very long and is virtually scraping on my ceiling. Not a problem, I can determine the maximum likely size of future artwork and saw a foot off the end.

I do have one gripe though, the instructions supplied (and online) aren't as obvious as I hoped they would be and it did take a little while to figure out the assembly. The U-shaped piece of wood goes at the bottom next to the ratchet pull - it's designed to tighten the support tray against the struts because the ratchet comes undone easily.

STUDIO EASEL (1500MM HIGH) DISPLAY - PINE WOOD - BEST Quality
STUDIO EASEL (1500MM HIGH) DISPLAY - PINE WOOD - BEST Quality
Offered by Canvas Discount

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for painting but not for display, 14 Feb. 2017
I thought I'd give this easel a go as it was described as 'best quality'. However on arrival I didn't feel it would be sturdy enough for normal usage and I attempted to process a return based on disappointing quality. However returns are at the customer's expense (with just over four pounds being refunded for postage at the other end) and given the size of this item the return cost would likely be more than I paid for it. So before ordering just be clear in your mind that you are getting a lightweight product for occasional field use but definitely not good enough for displaying artwork.

OfficeWorld Compatible Ink Cartridges Replacement for PGI-570XL CLI-571XL 6 Color (Contain Grey) Compatible for PIXMA TS8050 MG7700 MG7750 (NOT 7550) MG7751 MG7752 MG7753 TS8051 TS8052 TS8053 TS9050 TS9055
Offered by IfreeMall

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 14 Feb. 2017
I bought these cartridges for my Canon MG7750 last month in readiness for the genuine inks to run low, which they did today. I replaced them and what a disaster - my prints are now coming out bright red. On scrutiny the replacement Cyan cartridge simply didn't fit as well into the ink bay. Initially my printer recognised the cartridge and accepted it but after attempting two prints it now says it isn't recognising the cyan cartridge. It clearly isn't drawing any ink from the cyan cartridge either.

Clearly other people are very happy so the product is good, and most likely I simply got a duff one. I contacted the seller who was excellent, the ink was replaced immediately and I'm pleased to say everything is now working and colour reproduction is very good. I've just compared it with a fine art print made last week at the same size on the same paper and the quality of the new ink stands up to scrutiny - very impressed. Will buy again.

3 x atFoliX Screen Protection Film Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Screen Protector - FX-Clear crystal clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 Feb. 2017
I bought the Ultra-clear version of the product for my GX8 and the Antireflective version for my G5X. I have to say I wasn't looking forward to putting these on because I had a frustrating experience with another manufacturer. However I did fare better with the Folix product. The shiny clear version almost got the better of me and I had to discard two of the screen protectors in the process - the final one went on okay but despite carefully following the instructions there is a section along the top edge of one of the corners (for about an inch) where it does not adhere to the LCD - this looks a bit unsightly, however it should not affect functionality. On the other hand the fitting process to the G5X with the antireflective version was flawless and it looks superb. The product does perform exactly as described but do take care to follow the fitting instructions to the letter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17