Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Dorset UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
18MM Smart Watch Bands Pinhen Silicone Strap Band For Huawei Withings Activité Smart Watch Bands With Quick Release Pins (18MM Silicone Black)
Offered by pinheng technology

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a stylish replacement, 31 Oct. 2016
Pretty disappointing really. It is much chunkier than the proper Withings one (which I cannot seem to find anywhere). It is thicker and wider and is more like a strap for an old-fashioned divers' watch from the 80s. The clasp is bright metal not anodised as in the picture (and the original). Basically it cheapens the whole look from something quite classy to something a bit naff. It is also not ridged underneath so is less comfortable to wear. It looks well made but just not stylish and doesn't look right with the Withings Activite Pop. I am only keeping it because the original broke and it will do till I can get a better one.

Circulon Steel Elite Cookware Saucepan Set, 5 Pieces
Circulon Steel Elite Cookware Saucepan Set, 5 Pieces

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful drop in quality and design, 12 Jun. 2015
Having owned an almost identical Circulon set for 5-6 years I thought I would be reasonably safe to order a replacement from the same manufacturer even though the lifetime-guaranteed non-stick surfaces on that had not come up to their marketing promise. My reason to stick (sic) with Circulon was that the pans were nice to use and, apart from the frying pan, the 4 other pans did outlast most of the other non-stick cookware I have used.

How wrong could I be? This new set is, frankly, poorly designed. They retain the shape and size of the previous model but the handles have been replaced with shorter slimmer handles with a much smaller insulated grip. This makes the pans harder to hold and less well balanced. The handles now end in a metal area with a hole to enable them to be hung up: a metal area that can heat up and, because the insulated area is so small, which you invariably have to touch. The handle is fixed to the pan with a wide ugly area of metal with the Circulon logo emblazoned across it and two ugly protruding rivets below creating an area that is harder to clean as well as being harder to admire! This also seems to add weight to the handle - or pushes the weight further out - which makes the milk pan prone to tipping when empty and even the next smallest can feel unsteady withot a lid and contents. For such solid and heavy pans I find this quite incredible.

The next big problem is the lids. They benefit from a large area of glass inset but that benefit is far outweighed by the huge problem of water condensing in the rim - drips and mess everywhere - and the extra effort of fiddly cleaning. Also I never seem to be able to just rest the lids on a spare section of hob (gas): they alwatys seem to skitter around and I nearly had one on the floor the other day. I have never known this with any other pans or the previous set.

Then last and most important is the non-stick surface which is rubbish. I have had these pans for 4 months and the milk pan is unusable. A month or so ago I noticed the coating was peeling at the rim and was a bit "bubbled" round the sides. After washing (by hand, they have never been in the dishwasher) I noticed a whole strip has peeled off on the side and now the base is also bubbling. The larger pans are also not as non-stick as they should be. The main reason for replacing the previous set was I could no longer cook pasta without it sticking - this is after 5 years - my pasta is already sticking in these! I am fairly certain that the previous set was Teflon Platinum Pro or Plus whereas this set uses Total Titanium Composite exclusive to Circulon. Well it certainly doesn't pass the test of time.

BaByliss for Men 7040CU 6-in-1 Grooming Kit
BaByliss for Men 7040CU 6-in-1 Grooming Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a joke, right?, 29 May 2014
When I got this out of the box I could not believe how cheap and nasty this was. As someone else has written, it was like something you would get in a Christmas cracker. Worse still it doesn't do an even half-reasonable job and the length gauge just slips about making it absolutely useless. It doesn't even do the nose and ear hair job well. The battery life is pathetic. It's like the cheap rubbish you used to get in the sixties. Do not buy this.

Zack 40199 46 cm Fresco Swivelling Towel Rail
Zack 40199 46 cm Fresco Swivelling Towel Rail

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed at that price, 12 Jan. 2014
When I buy a premium product I expect it to be right from the outset. The packaging looked good, but when I opened it and unwrapped the tissue one of the arms fell out and bounced on the floor narrowly missing our new kitchen units. I fixed the mounting to the wall and trued it up but when I attached the rail section (fiddly and unconvincing) I found that the arms were far from horizontal and the whole thing flopped about. Luckily I had a small socket set and was able to tighten up the bolts in the confined space. Not everyone will have a selection of tools to fix what whould have been perfect to start with at that price. Looks great; works well; but the manufacturers have a cheek sending it out half finished. Do not buy this unless you are well tooled up!!

Q-Connect Metal Step Stool Light Grey
Q-Connect Metal Step Stool Light Grey
Offered by globalofficesupplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Colour deceptive, 12 Jan. 2014
Basically a well made, sturdy and functionally sound kickstool. Only problem is that what we thought was pale grey with grey rubber step surfaces turns out to have very blue grey rubber. Not what we wanted. Returned and will get similar in a different colour

Enjoydeal Slim mini 6W G9 64 SMD 3014 LED Lamps light 360°Super Light Energy Saving 220V Cool White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very bright, 12 Jan. 2014
Nothing wrong with the bulb, but simply not bright enough. This is the most powerful G9 LED I can find and it should be bright with those chips, but sadly it just will not do as a replacement for the 60w eco halogen that came with the light fitting. We will just have to wait till the technology improves to get the cool white bright light we want.

America
America

5.0 out of 5 stars Fahey at his best, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: America (Audio CD)
This is his finest album and the tracks from the original release are superb: hauntingly beatiful and emotionally charged. Listening again after a lapse of some years these tracks seem to have gained resonance for me and even Knoxville Blues, which was perhaps my least favoured track, is up there with the others now. As to the previously unreleased material, it is all pretty accomplished stuff but none of it quite gets into the league of "The Waltz That Carried Us Away And Then A Mosquito Came And Ate Up My Sweetheart" or "Voice Of The Turtle". And did I miss the 2 minutes of "Mark 1:15" cut to squeeze it on a single CD? I can't say I did. It has been done very well and the nature of the tune is such that you really don't lose any of the emotional intensity: I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been told.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 6:00 PM BST

Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh 3-Port (4A Output) Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus and More (Black)
Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh 3-Port (4A Output) Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus and More (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed so far, 3 Oct. 2013
Having been disappointed with a previous purchase of an external power source for my HTC One X from another manufacturer, it was with some trepidation that I approached the task of selecting another. I am pleased to report that so far I am delighted with the Anker 2nd Generation Astro3 12000mAh external battery. It arrived professionally packaged, mostly in easy-to-access recyclable materials with a perfectly adequate intruction booklet and contact and warranty information that gave immediate reassurance that this was an OK company. The product itself is well finished, with clearly printed labels for the ports, although it remains to be seen if the soft feel case keeps its good looks as it picks up marks very easily.. The cable fits snugly to the ports and my phone and I have no problem with its short length. Some people have commented that the shake-to-wake feature could lead to it being continually on when in a bag or pocket, but it switches off quickly if not charging and when just carried in my hand while walking around doesn't switch on. The light is a useful indicator but is slightly annoying. It is slightly let down by the slightly odd protective bag, which doesn't radiate the same quality as the rest of the product, but is probably necessary to keep the product looking good over time.

Now for the important bit. This actually works! Moreover it works very well and I am confident that when I go on a trip out this will do a fine job of keeping my phone alive all day - and much longer for that matter. I just hope that it will continue to be as good over time as it has started out to be. The great thing is that it will also charge my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I haven't timed it but my impression is that it charges my devices as quickly as if they were plugged into the mains on their own chargers. The Astro 3 came 70% charged and didn't take long to get topped up to 100% and seems to charge pretty quickly from empty (I use the Samsung Note's charger). The Anker Astro 3 will charge my Note from empty and my phone from empty to full almost twice and I estimate thatt it will probably give the phone at least 3 full charges, possibly more. So I am delighted with it so far: fingers crossed for its long life.

Update 3 December 2014: I want to add that after more than a year's service I am still completely delighted with this product. It doesn't seem to have lessened in effectiveness in any way and I am certain that it is the fastest way to charge my phone. Excellent product!

GreatShield G8 Power High Capacity Power Bank (4600 mAh) Universal Backup Battery Pack with 5V/2.1Amp Output Compatible Samsung, Blackberry Z10, Apple iPhone/iPad, Google Nexus, aPad/ePad Android Tablets, Sony Xperia, GPS and many others Smartphones & Tablets (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish, 21 May 2013
This looks and feels like a nice piece of kit and I hoped it would be the perfect solution to allow me to use my HTC One X full tilt for a day away from power sockets. I chose this power pack for its looks, convenient size and shape and especially its weight. I was swayed by a review that warned me that it wouldn't charge a Galaxy Note 10.1 but that it did keep it running when the battery was low. That to me seemed like a bonus: all I wanted was to charge my phone!

I was a little disappointed that the packaging seemed a bit "tampered with" and the protective plastic film on the device (especially the back) was scuffed and scratched, but onece removed it all looked pristine. I liked the range of adapters too. I charged it up fully and tested it on my Galaxy Note 10.1 and HTC One X, both reported it was charging. I was at this point delighted.

The next day was the opposite I was very quickly disillusioned and very disappointed. Not only would the Power Bank not charge my phone - even with no apps running: not even with it switched off - but it wouldn't keep the phone running at all. A total waste of time and money.

Do not buy this if you have an HTC One X - it does not work.

SanDisk SDSDQUA-064G-U46A Mobile Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter + Memory Zone Android App up to 30 MB/s read - 64 GB
Offered by HEIBA Electroincs GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in Galaxy Note 10.1, 28 Feb. 2013
There is a lot of confusion about whether or not the Galaxy Note 10.1 has support for SDXC cards, let alone 64Gb, but this works just fine straight out of the packaging and into the tablet with no formatting needed (running Jelly Bean). It worked straightaway and I can see almost the full space (I actually get 59.45Gb) so I am well pleased, not least because it means the iPad is even less attractive price- and performance-wise. Seems fast. Swift delivery.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3