Profile for Petra Fied > Reviews

Content by Petra Fied

Petra Fied (Stockport, Uk)

Page: 1 | 2
The Whole 30: The official 30-day guide to total health and food freedom
The Whole 30: The official 30-day guide to total health and food freedom

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG!, 13 Jan. 2016
No alcohol. No dairy. No grains. No legumes. Holy moly! No way Jose! You are going back for a refund as you are as much use as a chocolate teapot to me (ooooh, sugar, hidden sugars and caffeine... Come to momma!).

Little Freckle 1x Crystal Tec Translucent Clear Stretch Elastic Cord 0.6 mm Thicnkess 10M
Offered by 3drom Limited (UK)

1.0 out of 5 stars The elastic cord that is neither elastic nor cord, 6 Jan. 2016
Delivered quickly, but not elastic or cord. This is a reel of plastic line with a bit of give in it. Not at all suitable for the jewellery making for which it was bought. It was cheap though, so would probably have cost the same in price as posting back to the vendor. Disappointing.

Death Benefit
Death Benefit
by Robin Cook

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring. Slow. Heading to the charity shop, 2 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Death Benefit (Paperback)
A real disappointment. I bought and read "Coma" recently after liking the 1970s film with Michael Douglas. Coma was pacy, nail biting and I couldn't wait to read it every night. However, Death Benefit is pretty much the opposite. We, once again, have the medical student poking her nose in, but this one has some sort of autism that makes her not very likable with a confusing mafiosa style family background. It was slow, convoluted and generally boring to read with no redeeming features at all.

Tobar Dough Heads Hair Studio
Tobar Dough Heads Hair Studio

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 13 Nov. 2015
Unfortunately, the chair is on a screw thread which is really hard to use. I have a three year old and a five year old, neither of which could even fit the doll in the slot, let alone screw the thread. You spend 10 minutes screwind the barber's chair to get the hair out, then it takes 2 seconds to rip the hair off before you're back to unscrewing it all, sticking more playdoh in and then screwing and screwing the chair back up again. Like a previous reviewer, the housing for the doll snapped within a few weeks, which was a disappointment for my daughters, but on the plus side may have saved me a life of Repetitive Stress Injury! Honestly, don't buy!

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker

1.0 out of 5 stars Am I doing something wrong?, 7 Mar. 2015
My husband came home excitedly clutching this device promising the best coffee I'd ever tasted. I was excited. Then when we opened it, intrigued. Then after a ridiculous amount of effort pushing down and tasting this new exotic elixir, disappointed.
It certainly doesn't make the best coffee in the world. Yes, there's no grit in the last mouthful, but that makes no difference when you haven't drunk that mouthful for 30 years. It seems strong, but has no subtilty, no complexity. There is no crema. No body. I presume the good bits that make coffee 'coffee' have been filtered out. The process is quick, but the result is akin to an instant coffee.
I have persevered in the hope I have done something wrong. More coffee, less coffee, more stirring, less pressure, slower pressure... But nothing seems to actually make the coffee any better.
Disappointed? Yes.
Returning to trusty bodum cafetiere? Yes
And feeling just a little bit like the emperor has waltzed in the room in his new clothes and only I can see he's in the altogether? Definitely.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2016 11:55 PM GMT

Ulysses (contains a biography of the author and an active table of contents)
Ulysses (contains a biography of the author and an active table of contents)

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS EDITION, 16 Oct. 2014
Do not buy this edition. I purchased it for the interactive table of contents but must say I am very very disappointed. Ulysses has 18 chapters. This only has 17 chapter headings, so I decided to borrow a paper copy from my local library to compare. I thought the "editor" had just missed a chapter but was horrified to see that chapter headings were placed willy nilly in the middle of chapters, at the end... I know this is a stream of conscious novel and judging by the reviews, the "editor" has gotten away with this so far. Not any more. This is a disgrace. Unfortunately I had to give it one star for the review to be submitted. If I could give it minus five, I would.

Dr. Panda Veggie Garden
Dr. Panda Veggie Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable - even for Mums!, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dr. Panda Veggie Garden (App)
My four year old is enthralled by the Dr Panda series - especially the veggie one. She particularly likes bug control :-). Very enjoyable and educational.

Ouch! Doctor X - Sports Edition
Ouch! Doctor X - Sports Edition

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninstalled almost straight away, 14 Aug. 2014
Can't say it impressed me or my 4 year old. Repeatedly tapping the screen to shoot footballs at a goal seemed a bit mind numbing to me.

Crying for No Reason
Crying for No Reason

3.0 out of 5 stars Knocking me for fours..., 14 Feb. 2014
Who gets knocked for fours? Surely the phrase is getting knocked for six? Good song marred by a really irritating lyric!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2014 4:22 PM GMT

The Money Secret
The Money Secret
by Rob Parsons

1.0 out of 5 stars Really? This is the money SECRET?!, 11 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Money Secret (Paperback)
I was intrigued by the jacket of this book. "The secret is as old as time itself and no amount of money can replace its power. The poor who find it know financial security, the wealthy who despise it end life as paupers." Well, who wouldn't be impressed with such a high drama introduction? Pity is, the book just doesn't live up to the hype. Managing debt is a pretty dry subject, so the author tries to get his point across by story telling with an omnipotent old lady who flies around to help a suicidal young woman and a frazzled mother. Basically, through the waffle, I have gleaned that you shouldn't spend more than you earn and you shouldn't waste your money on things you don't need. Not really such a dramatic money secret after all...

Page: 1 | 2