Profile for Hugeiz > Reviews

The Celestine Prophecy
The Celestine Prophecy
by James Redfield

5.0 out of 5 stars There's a secret, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I happened to find this book in a second hand bookstore and thought it looked interesting. Like many others, I found that I couldn't put it down and absolutely loved it. I now want to get all James Redfield's books! I'd read The Secret by R Byrne a few months before and really liked that. As I was reading The Celestine Prophecy I thought to myself, 'this guy knows the Secret' and noticed that the book was published long before R Byrne's. I later discovered from looking on Amazon that James Redfield and R Byrne had indeed actually written a book together.
If I had to criticize the book in any way, I suppose the contents of the insights are explained almost too much within the story. Each chapter deals with a different 'insight' contained in the ancient manuscript in the story, and you can't wait to find out what the next one is. I also noticed that once you finish the book, you are aware of how many little 'clues' you were given all along about something which would happen later on.
I now look forward to seeing the film.