Profile for Doctor1985 > Reviews

Content by Doctor1985

Doctor1985

Doctor Who: The Complete 6th Series - Limited Edition (with 4 Art Cards) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Moffett needs to go., 15 Oct. 2011
I don't mind DW being dark. Sly McCoys last two seasons were amazing! But this show has lost what even McCoy's seasons still held - family entertainment! Kids don't watch the show anymore, they don't even get in...and frankly at 26 neither do I!

I feel the individual stories are week and they rely on humour, special fx and this never-ending River storyline rather than proper, fully formed plots.

The Gatiss one with the kid was a great concept but feel the ending was weak and the one with Corden was damn funny, but the ending - emotions beat the cybermen - COME ON PEOPLE! How many times is that card going to be played out?

I almost feel like stopping watching the show which saddens me. Maybe if Moffett is arrogant enough to answer THE QUESTION then I really will. You can't answer Doctor Who? Thats the whole point of the show!

Wait till this is in a bargain bin even if you're a collector - there's no rush to watch this again.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2011 2:12 PM GMT

Doctor Who - The Complete Series 5 (Limited Edition Steelbook) [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 5 (Limited Edition Steelbook) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better!, 5 Sept. 2010
Ok. Things I love about series 5: the theme song, the van gough episode, the disappearance of russel t Davis, Matt smith and the sexiest companion ever.
That's where my list ends because I feel the storys were slow and disappointing, too many cgi monsters that frankly looked too alike, the episode with the dr as the house guest though funny was pointless and had no proper story to it. I hate the new daleks, although I like idea of colour coded daleks like the 60s films, the end product were giant plastic, unscary kids toys, the siluruans were not siluruans in any form of the word. There was no true mystery to the story arc and it still isn't resolved as e silence is going into next season.
Come on moffett, you promised us great things, you're better than this. You even allowed gaits to write a silly rtd thing like a robot stopping a bomb with emotions. Give me strength!!!
I hope for a better future for drwho.