Profile for RJ > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Pastor's Wife
The Pastor's Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
Really loved this book. It was well written and easy to read. I enjoyed the storyline and the character interactions. It shows that ministers can struggle to, but God can find a way. It was great having a few Bible references in the book to. Lovely romance.

A Bride for Pastor Dan (Parkside Community Church Book 1)
A Bride for Pastor Dan (Parkside Community Church Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick but good, 17 Oct. 2014
Hmmm well I struggled whether to give 3 or 4 stars. I liked the story but the quickness of the romance was extremely quick. If the writer had may be included a spiritual guidance to the romance then it might have worked, but it's still too quick. This book could have been longer and a really good story. I liked the characters and they interacted with each other well. I think the writer would do well if they made the stories more realistic. Quick is alright but on the day you meet someone is a bit crazy. Overall I enjoyed the story.

A Shadow in the Flames
A Shadow in the Flames

4.0 out of 5 stars Shadow in the flames, 8 Nov. 2013
I loved the storyline in this book, and give it a 4 star. But unfortunately there is far too much description. I nearly gave up reading it after about a quarter of the way in. I did even skim read to avoid the over description in some places. However, I was glad that I finished the book. It had good characters and a really good storyline. Overall this was a good read. The epilogue could have been slightly longer.

Sacrifice of Love, (Book 7 The Grey Wolves) (The Grey Wolves Series)
Sacrifice of Love, (Book 7 The Grey Wolves) (The Grey Wolves Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes yes yes, 27 Sept. 2013
This was an awesome read. Loved the story. It had some real shockers. Could not put the book down. I love the characters, they are all amazing, and seem so real. The whole of the series has been fantastic. The author writes amazingly. Well done Quinn. I will truly miss the characters. Amazing story and series.

Pirate's Price
Pirate's Price

1.0 out of 5 stars A massive disappointment, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Pirate's Price (Kindle Edition)
This story had a lot of promise. But after reading it I am utterly disappointed. The story is written very poorly, with a terrible writing style. It is jumpy, going from one thing to another. And the info never said anything about sex between males, oh and not just two but three males. Yeah great way to escape, reading something that you have absolutely no interest in. I was forced to read males having sex, it should have been in the info that there was gay scenes, I never would have read it. Then when I got to the end I found out that it is the same author who writes as Cyndi Friberg. Absolute shock. I can't believe the same author wrote this rubbish. A disappointing end to what should have been a good read.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome read, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
Well I really didn't know if I would like this book, but wow. AMAZING. Loved every minute of it. I absolutely loved the main character Mark Watney. He is awesome. He really explains all his troubles, and what it's like being totally alone on mars. This book really takes you on a journey. I loved it. Although I didn't understand all the space talk, it's a brilliant read. Well worth it. Also Watney is one of those characters that you would love to meet. New author for me, will definitely add to favourite list.

Disappear
Disappear

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome read, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Disappear (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. It's a brilliant page turner, couldn't put it down. Lots of action with a great storyline. Really don't understand the poor reviews. It was an awesome book.

Lucky Charm
Lucky Charm

4.0 out of 5 stars Lucky charm, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Lucky Charm (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the storyline and the characters in this story. It's got romance and action in one book. Only downside is that it has too much description. We don't need all that to go with the story. The story itself is good enough. I was struggling to rate this book as a 3 or 4 star, but settled on 4. It was a good story, just too much description.

Written In The Stars
Written In The Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 14 Aug. 2013
Hmmm well I wasn't sure at first if it was a 3 or 4 star but I decided on a 4 star. This is a really cute love story spreading over 20years. It has a little too much description at times and was a little slow at the start, but the journey between the main characters is lovely. I even shed a tear half way through feeling the pain too. Yes it's a good read.

Runaway 2
Runaway 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Runaway 2 (Kindle Edition)
This was an excellent read again in this series. Love the story between Flynn and Natalie. The tension between them is building up nicely. And the side story of the Lord's is building up nicely too. Can't wait to find out what is going to happen. Only thing is as they are short books I would have liked to have gotten stuck into one awesome book. So it might be good to have them all to read together. Looking forward to next book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4