Profile for david wallis > Reviews

Content by david wallis

david wallis (gloucestershire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Vacu Vin Wine Saver Gift Set - Black | 1 x Vacuum Pump + 2 x Vacuum Wine Stopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 3 Sept. 2017
This my second wine vacuum device; I bought a Le Creuset some time ago. The Vacu Vin is better and cheaper, it clicks when sufficient vacuum is obtained and there's a release button on the stopper. The Le Creuset has neither of these features.

Oypla Heavy Duty Black Pro Home Mechanic Folding Bicycle Bike Cycle Repair Maintenance Stand
Offered by Oypla

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stand, great value., 6 Aug. 2017
This is a great maintenance stand. It is fully adjustable and can handle a wide range of bike frame types. The stand is quite heavy and this is a good thing as means it's stable even when holding a heavy bike. Clamping the seat tube of my lightweight road bike was fine and I could position the bike horizontally; it might be more difficult to position my heavier MTB horizontally but I'm happy I could work on it if it was angled downwards slightly. The clamps look solid although when tightened up sufficiently to hold the bike firmly they are almost face-to-face and being plastic they may deform over time, we'll have to see. I would probably pay a bit (a lot) more for a "professional" quality stand if cycle maintenance was my full time occupation but it isn't and I couldn't justify the price of this type of stand. The Oypla does it for me.

CARAVAN MOTORHOME MILENCO QUATTRO HUGE LEVEL RAMP PAIR
CARAVAN MOTORHOME MILENCO QUATTRO HUGE LEVEL RAMP PAIR

3.0 out of 5 stars Tall and heavy., 3 Jun. 2017
These are the highest ramps I could find, consequently they are large and heavy to lug around. In our motorhome they have to travel in the shower. They are nice and wide so it's easy to line them up with my motorhome tyres. The run-on surface is a plastic honeycomb design and I found that the some of the edges have turned over, which is not what I expected. The functionality doesn't seem to be affected but for this reason they're only worth 3 stars.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good attempt, 3 Jun. 2017
This cover fitted my two bikes; these are very different, one being a Dutch handlebar model (short but tall) and the other being a more regular drop-handlebar tourer. Although the cover fitted it's not exactly a tailored fit and I half expected it to be ripped to pieces after a few hundred miles. In fact it survived a 2,000 mile tour in some very windy conditions with only one small tear. The elastic strap fixings work ok but you really need some additional rope or strapping to fit the cover closer into the bikes.

It does get quite dirty inside from contact with the bike chains but I guess that's to be expected. If it hadn't torn I would have awarded 4 stars.

Fresh Cream
Fresh Cream
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Great album, shame about the sound quality, 21 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Fresh Cream (Audio CD)
Worth buying just for "Spoonful" but the sound quality is just about the worst of any digitally remastered discs I have ever heard.

ANSIO 94610 Interior Dehumidifier, 500 ml, Pack of 5
ANSIO 94610 Interior Dehumidifier, 500 ml, Pack of 5
Offered by ANSIO Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Good product, awful service, 2 Nov. 2016
I use these disposable dehumidifiers regularly to keep my motorhome dry, and they work well. Also use them in my car during winter to keep condensation down. I've no problem with these units, they work as well as any others of a similar design however the delivery (and I'm a Prime member) was over 4 weeks. You can buy from other suppliers and get next day delivery, avoid this one.

Boccia Men's Titanium Leather Strap Watch B3538-01
Boccia Men's Titanium Leather Strap Watch B3538-01
Offered by Clocktraders UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, nice quality, 13 April 2016
I can't comment on its reliability or timekeeping as I have only been wearing it for a week but this watch seems very nicely made and looks more expensive than it is. It's very light but the shape of it on my wrist means I don't forget I'm wearing it, as I do with a Skagen I also own.

Fizik Ardea Versus MG Rail Saddle, Black
Fizik Ardea Versus MG Rail Saddle, Black
Offered by Customised Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks odd but does the job, 5 Feb. 2016
This saddle was standard fitment on my new bike, I probably wouldn't have chosen it based purely on the slightly odd looks but it's actually really comfortable. Just back from a 3hr ride on some poor roads (aren't they all) and I'm not at all saddle sore.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy flip flops!, 8 Sept. 2015
Comfortable flip flops, bought to replace a pair of normal flip flops that were lethal when wet. These have grippy soles and are fine.

Great Ideas Heavy Duty Folding Camping Picnic Garden Table - Folds Away With Carry Handle - White TableTop Measures 2ft x 1.5ft - Two Heights With Detachable Lightweight Aluminium Legs
Offered by Great Ideas By Post

4.0 out of 5 stars Light weight but sturdy and well made, 17 July 2015
As described. As a dining table it's a bit low but then the dimensions are published so no surprises. Fits in my motorhome storage and is well big enough for a couple of glasses of wine. At a stretch it works as a dining table. Light weight but sturdy and well made.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8