Profile for Christine A > Reviews

Content by Christine A

Christine A

Page: 1 | 2
Some Lucky Day (Beach View Boarding House)
Some Lucky Day (Beach View Boarding House)
by Ellie Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Sept. 2014
First rate read highly recommended

Goodnight Mister Tom [DVD] [1998]
Goodnight Mister Tom [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ John Thaw
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars I could watch this film every day!, 14 Feb. 2013
What a wonderful tale with the brilliant John Thaw - a story I never tire of. I can only find good things in the film with no bad comments at all. Mr Tom is a miserable old man who reluctantly takes in an evacuee from London who he finds has been badly treated by his mother and who, on returning to London at the request of his mother, is almost killed by her if not for the intervention of his beloved Mr. Tom.

Highly recommended - an absolute must

The Secret Listeners: How the Y Service Intercepted the German Codes for Bletchley Park
by Sinclair McKay

5.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing tale, 14 Feb. 2013
An excellent book opening the door on the fine work carried out by our Code Breakers during WW2. It certainly shows how much we owe these extremely clever people who did a lot to ensured Hitler didn't get his own way!

Would highly recommend

Riva Melody Navy Leather Shoe / Womens Shoes (37 EUR) (Navy)
Riva Melody Navy Leather Shoe / Womens Shoes (37 EUR) (Navy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good comfortable shoes, 14 Feb. 2013
These Riva shoes are very comfortable for anybody like me who has a broad foot. The leather is soft and the soles very pliable. On top of being very serviceable they are also stylish.

I was dubious as I had a previous pair of Riva shoes which had to be returned to the store where I bought them locally as they almost fell to bits after being worn only twice. However, this pair has restored my faith.

Reap The Harvest
Reap The Harvest
by Margaret Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read, 14 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Reap The Harvest (Paperback)
This was the third of a trilogy by Margaret Dickinson which I thoroughly enjoyed, so much so that I found I was cooking the dinner with one hand and reading the book with the other - I just couldn't put it down. This teamed with Plough the Furrow and Sow the Seed make absolutely fabulous reading for anybody like myself who enjoy a good fictional "yarn".

COOKER HOOD FILTER
COOKER HOOD FILTER
Offered by Kenco Spares

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a reasonable price, 30 Oct. 2012
This review is from: COOKER HOOD FILTER
I purchased these filters for my mother who was buying her filters from a well known company at four times the price of the universal filters. We were somewhat hesitant at whether these would be any good due to the low price but they were definitely as good as the more expensive ones she had been buying. We will certainly buy these again.

National Geographic Complete Birds of the World
National Geographic Complete Birds of the World
by Jonathan K. Alderfer

5.0 out of 5 stars For all bird lovers, 30 Oct. 2012
This book is an absolute must for anybody interested in birds (of the feathered variety). My copy is at close hand for easy reference and is forever being looked at. The quality of the illustrations is brilliant and there is an absolute wealth of information on each species. Would make an excellent present for Christmas.

From Ration Book to ebook: The Life and Times of the Post-War Baby Boomers
From Ration Book to ebook: The Life and Times of the Post-War Baby Boomers
by Paul Feeney

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia at it's best!!, 30 Oct. 2012
Paul Feeney certainly knows how to revive old memories. An excellent read, especially for us post-war baby boomers as the author describes us. Would definitely recommend.

Battle of Britain Pilot: The Self-Portrait of an RAF Fighter Pilot and Escaper
Battle of Britain Pilot: The Self-Portrait of an RAF Fighter Pilot and Escaper
by George Barclay

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 30 Oct. 2012
Purchased Battle of Britain Pilot for my husband who is very "picky" about books he reads. However he thoroughly enjoyed the book and has since passed it to other members of the family with the same taste in books who have all agreed with his choice. Would certainly recommend this to others

The Great Yarmouth Herring Industry
The Great Yarmouth Herring Industry
by Colin Tooke

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Yarmouth Herring Industry, 11 July 2012
I already own a copy of this book which I have had for several years and purchased this copy for a friend who lives in Cornwall. We had been discussing the herring industry whilst in Cornwall and my husband has very fond memories of the days of the herring fishing in Great Yarmouth when he was a boy. The book covers the industry in great detail and gives a very accurate account. Well worth a read.

Page: 1 | 2