Profile for Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware). > Reviews

Content by Caveat Emptor ...

Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

Set of 2 PestBye Ultrasonic Battery Operated Motion Activated Cat Repellent
Set of 2 PestBye Ultrasonic Battery Operated Motion Activated Cat Repellent
Offered by Primrose

5.0 out of 5 stars A product that at last works., 3 July 2016
I have a monster cat living across the road from us and its owner is completely undeterred when his cat digs up our flower beds and s***s in them, much to the annoyance of my wife and the flower beds themselves. Since installing these two deterrent devices the monster has stayed away and my wife and the flower beds are now happy, much to the annoyance of the cat and its owner. I use the maximum frequency and range and change the batteries about every 4-6 weeks and I use good quality Duracell AA batteries. Re-chargeables work well but not for as long. Also, I think these need a design tweak inasmuch as the backplate is fitted with 4 tiny crosshead screws that are easily stripped and thus cause a less than watertight seal into the battery compartment thus causing rust to develop. I have solved this by masking the whole battery compartment with duck tape each time I change the batteries. Result? Happinss all round. Apart from the cat and its irresponsible owner.

5 PIECE METAL KITCHEN SET INCLUDING RACK SPICE JAR GLASS BOTTLE SALT VINEGAR
5 PIECE METAL KITCHEN SET INCLUDING RACK SPICE JAR GLASS BOTTLE SALT VINEGAR
Offered by Price Crunchers Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 Piece Metal Kitchen Set including Rack.......Rubbish Quality.....Avoid., 22 April 2015
This is a truly awful product. It looks good in 2D but in 3D it is shockingly badly made. It has 4 feet but only 3 are ever in contact with the table top making it very unstable. The rack itself is of chrome plated wire with great patches of the wire having shed the chrome plating. I wouldn't use it in a kitchen cupboard much less on the dining room table. In short, it looks as though it has been bought from a charity shop after having lost a battle with a very aggressive dishwasher. I'm off to John Lewis.
I have also submitted photos to the supplier and to Amazon but have heard nothing since. By the way, I do NOT want a replacement.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor Automatic - Display Pulse, Systolic or Diastolic Pressure - One Touch Accurate Operation

1.0 out of 5 stars This didn't work for me., 17 April 2014
I have suffered from Essential Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) for nearly 30 years and have been on drugs since then. My wife is a Registered Nurse and when this first occurred she rushed me to A&E where I was diagnosed with life threatening Tachycardia. I was kept in for two weeks and thankfully, discharged. But my wife immediately bought me a Sphygmamanometer (Blood Pressure Monitor) so that I could keep a record of my readings for periodic inspection by my Doctor and Cardiologist. But recently that original Monitor broke down and I shopped around for a replacement and settled for the JUMPER from Amazon. It was cheap but looked good and it seemed to work OK at first giving me readings that were not incompatible with my regular previous readings. But last week, I started to get scarily high readings, and I mean scarily HIGH readings, followed by scarily LOW readings. So I started taking the best of 3 readings within a 10 minute window whilst remaining seated and calm. The readings were all over the place going from very high to very low with no apparent reason. Amazon were very understanding and offered me a refund which arrived within 2 days. They also sent me a pre-paid address label so I can send the Monitor back to them. My wife has since bought another Monitor from Boots' Chemist which is giving consistently acceptable readings so I am very satisfied with the eventual outcome. It may be that I was unlucky with the JUMPER MONITOR and wouldn't condemn it out of hand as it may have been a one-off defective, but for people like me who need to rely on such equipment being consistently accurate, and having nothing else to compare the readings with, it is vital that the equipment can be trusted to be reliable.

Russian Matryoshka Nesting Dolls (7 pieces) Design/color may vary.
Russian Matryoshka Nesting Dolls (7 pieces) Design/color may vary.
Offered by Vladimir Nazarenus

5.0 out of 5 stars Russian (Matryoshka Dolls) for our 5 year old Grand-daughter, 29 Oct. 2013
We have a friend who went to Russia years before Perestroika and she brought us a gift of 8 Matryoshka Dolls (also referred to as Babushka Dolls). They were played with by our eldest Grand-daughter for years and years and we still have them. But we now have a 5 year old and we wanted to give her a set to keep for Christmas and we were delighted to find them on Amazon at a very fair price and with extremely prompt delivery. As to the quality and the fit and the paint finish, I can only say how impressed we are. We feel sure she will absolutely love them. They definitely look far more expensive than what we paid for the. Well Done yet again Amazon and thankyou.

OVERDOOR  TRACTION  UNIT
OVERDOOR TRACTION UNIT
Offered by PHYSIOSTORE

4.0 out of 5 stars It works - simples., 28 April 2011
This review is from: OVERDOOR TRACTION UNIT
I have suffered from an extra cervical rib for years and years and sometimes - as now - it can be extremely painful. I have previously been treated by my local Physiotherapy Department and have had them stretching my neck with their equipment. But I was advised to get one for home use and found this model on Amazon. It is cheap, well-made, and very effective and I will use it 2 or 3 times a week, using 10-12 lbs of water as marked on the Bag, until the pain subsides. The delivery was very quick, much faster than expected, and I would recommend it to anyone who suffers from a similar condition. It is a bit tricky to use, but in no way difficult. However, I have modified mine in such a way that I do not like to tie the hanging cord directly to the water-bag. That makes it awkward to fill and empty. Instead, I bought a simple "S" hook from B&Q for pennies, and attached that permanently to the end of the hanging cord. So now, whenever I want to detach and empty the water-bag after each use, I simply lift it off the open-ended "S" Hook. Simples. Nice product. Nice Price. Good delivery. Thanks Amazon. Oh, before I forget, the cord has a tendency to stretch when in use, so I find it works better if you occasionally lift your head to allow the water-bag to hang lower a little, and then relax back in your seat, thus keeping the tension sufficiently high.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars There is only ONE word to describe P20 ----EXCELLENT !!!!!!, 28 April 2011
I am a 64 year old male who suffered terribly from Acne on my back as a child/teenager. I suffered the most embarrassing pustules (boils) and would not expose my bare back in public for years. I was prescribed abrasive creams, acidic baths, localised x-rays, and worst of all, high intensity UV Lamps for years on a regular weekly basis. The result was that I grew out of the acne after puberty, but the damage to my skin from these aggressive "treatments" meant my skin was very sensitive to sunlight ever after. And nothing ever protected me other then to stay covered up. And then one day, someone recommended P20, and ever since, whenever I am on holiday in Spain, California, Cuba, Greece, the Balearics, the Canaries, anywhere where the sun is really hot, I slather my P20 on, and become confident that I will not burn or blister during my holiday. I go as brown as a berry, and feel good about it. But here's a little-known secret. I also suffered from Eczema on my legs for years and saw a Consultant Dermatologist for years who prescribed creams, lotions and other medications, with no good results. Until I was casually advised by a shop assistant who also suffers from Eczema to try P20 every day after my morning shower. Result? No more Eczema. Thanks P20. And thanks Amazon for getting me 2 bottles for less than half the price my local Chemist is charging. Excellent product. Excellent price. Excellent Amazon.

Ex-Pro High Power Plus+ Lithium Ion Digital Camera Replacement Battery for Fujifilm FinePix NP-50

3.0 out of 5 stars Ex Pro Fuji Finepix NP-50 Lithium Battery, 19 Mar. 2010
I purchased this battery to supplement the one that came with my new camera and had an early opportunity to test both of them on a recent trip to the Scottish Highlands where we took loads of photographs. I know that new lithium batteries can be a bit dodgy until they "settle down" after a few charges, but my initial view is that on its first outing (despite having been fully charged on a charger that was supplied with the camera), this battery via Amazon performed very poorly compared with the one supplied by Fuji. On one trip I managed to take only a couple of dozen pictures before it died on me and I was glad I had re-charged the original battery and had it with me (the original battery easily coped with several hundred pictures in similar conditions). Maybe it will improve the more I use it but it seems strange that I didn't experience the same problem with the original (and unused) battery. Time will tell but I won't buy another one unless I become more favourably impressed with it.

One Touch Automatic Jar Opener
One Touch Automatic Jar Opener

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but it recently broke in use...., 12 Aug. 2009
We bought this excellent product for my arthritic wife and have enjoyed using it for just over a year. But this week, when opening an unusually shaped jar of marmalade, the clamps slipped and somehow, the outer clamps, "the glass-hugging ones" slipped out of alignment with the central "lid-huggers" and now it doesn't work, though the motor still does. Despite my best engineering efforts, and with all visible screws removed, I simply cannot open it to re-align the racks and pinions, and have resorted to ordering another one from e-bay - at half the price the original model cost me from Argos. But after reading the above comments, I hope that my "new" model isn't either a clone, or a returned used product. If it is, I shall be returning it promptly.