Profile for Lizzie Burgess > Reviews

Lizzie Burgess

Hit Me Like A Man (Ep)
Hit Me Like A Man (Ep)

5.0 out of 5 stars An EP worth a million., 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Hit Me Like A Man (Ep) (Audio CD)
When I heard that The Pretty Reckless were releasing a new EP with three new songs, I was incredibly excited. I knew that they were starting to record a new full length album, so this EP would be a taster to the rock/metal world to find out how different or even similar their new material is. I was very impressed with their debut album 'Light Me Up' so I knew this would be worth a listen.

01. Make Me Wanna Die (Live In London); A perfect choice. Their most popular song in live mode on this EP will give listener's a chance to hear what they sound like live as well as on record. Perfect recording quality as well as strong riffs and powerful vocals make this track an enjoyable listen and a good track to have in your collection. 9/10

02. Hit Me Like A Man; Right, the first track off the new EP. Well it certainly grabs your attention with the strong guitar at the beginning with the booming bass beats of the drum kit. Taylor's vocals finish it off nicely with strong harmonies and long notes. I was a bit sceptical as it sounded very different but it's still good in my book. 8/10

03. Under The Water; Brilliant, best song on the whole CD. I fell in love with it immediately with the acoustic guitar at the beginning. Powerful lyrics from a powerful voice as the soft organ and bass kick in with the loud slow drums. After the first bridge and chorus, the electric guitar kicks in and makes this song one of the best ballads I have ever heard. Definitely request this one live, you will not be disappointed. 10/10

04. Since You're Gone (Live in London); This song is the second song of their debut album and has been known to open most of their recent concerts. Hearing Ben, Mark and Jamie open up the show with their talents definitely kept me wanting to listen more. Hearing the crowd roar obviously meant that Taylor walked on stage and then it began. Brilliant quality, strong vocals but the thing that kept me listening the most was Ben, Mark and Jamie. Those boys KNOW how to show off their talent and put on a show. They need as much publicity as Taylor does. 9/10

05. Cold Blooded; A beautiful ballad. Definitely worth a listen, and introducing a male on vocals! Is it Ben? Or someone else? Well they fitted in with the song perfectly. Not as strong as the other two songs but a good one in my massive book. 7/10

Overall, a brilliant listen and definitely worth it.