Profile for R. Barton > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Merrell Jungle Moc, Men's Slip-On Loafer Shoes - Midnight, 7 UK
Merrell Jungle Moc, Men's Slip-On Loafer Shoes - Midnight, 7 UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shoes, poor fit, 8 Sept. 2014
I love these shoes. I had a pair years ago and wore them loads so decided to replace them at last. My feet have got larger, due to pregnancies, since I last purchased a pair so initially ordered 6.5. These were too small as my big toes touched the end. Next I ordered size 7. These were fine on the length but they slipped off really badly at the heel so sadly had to return both pairs. My feet are average width in Clarks but these seemed far too wide for me.

simplehuman - dual direction drip tray
simplehuman - dual direction drip tray

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, 1 Mar. 2014
We were disappointed with this. We bought it from Lakeland a couple of years ago. Ours has 2 spout points, one of which you can block so you can place it on your worktop 2 ways. It drained ok but the spout got knocked and broke the spout housing, not once but twice! It may be because we have to have the spout sticking out over the sink because of the design of out sink (which is inset in the worktop). Either way, the spout housing gets very gunked up and is difficult to clean too. I got a refund from Lakeland and I've just ordered a Betterware one to replace it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2015 12:46 PM BST

Soft Baby Kids Children Shampoo Bath Shower Cap Hat Wash Hair Shield 3 Color
Soft Baby Kids Children Shampoo Bath Shower Cap Hat Wash Hair Shield 3 Color
Offered by Stefanian

1.0 out of 5 stars Shipped from China!, 13 Feb. 2014
I ordered this and it was 10 days after dispatch I re-read the dispatch email to find it is being shipped from China! Not happy as I wanted sooner to protect my daughters ears from water when washing her hair to prevent ear infections. Nowhere on this page does it say shipped from China! I wouldn't have bought this one had I known :(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2016 11:09 PM BST

Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 2. The Odd Pet and Other Stories
Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Level 2. The Odd Pet and Other Stories
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Jan. 2014
Great reading scheme. I bought this after being very disappointed with the books my daughter was bringing home from school. Also got book 1

Barbie Princess Box Set [DVD]
Barbie Princess Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Greg Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy daughter, 9 Jan. 2014
Daughter (5) loves the Barbie movies and this was a cost-effective way to buy 4 of them. Her favourite is the Island Princess

Urban Airer 3 in 1 Multi Function Clothes Airer
Urban Airer 3 in 1 Multi Function Clothes Airer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not made to be folded away and got out again, 9 Jan. 2014
I got a refund on this as the first time i went to fold it to put it away one of the sliding parts jammed and it broke. Flimsy construction.

Kidoozie My First Purse - Fun and Educational - For Toddlers and Preschoolers - Encourages Safe Play
Offered by Prut

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 9 Jan. 2014
My 18 month girl got this for Christmas and loves it. I wanted one that did not make noises as the Fisher Price one does. kids have imaginations and I don't think my handbag talks! My only gripe is that the phone is too big and makes it a little difficult to fit everything in the bag. We have other toy phones which are smaller and its's not like it needs batteries so why so large? Apart from that a great toy.

Good Night, Sleep Tight Reward Chart (4yrs+) - create the perfect bedtime routine for children
Offered by Victoria Chart Company

3.0 out of 5 stars Great reward chart, shame about the stickers, 3 July 2012
I love this reward chart and so does my daughter. Generally now she will follow each item to the letter to ensure she gets her stickers and reward in the morning. However we are really dissapointed with the stickers. They claim to be 'reusable' but we are finding some no longer stick after just 2 or 3 uses. Very dissapointed. I realise I can buy more, but that's going to get expensive considering what I've already paid for it. We think a magnetic version would have been better and more durable.

Dealing with Difficult Eaters: Stop mealtimes becoming a battleground with fussy children: How to Stop Mealtimes Turning into Battlegrounds
by Hollie Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new but..., 19 Jun. 2011
I have a fussy 3 year old who has been so ever since weaning, so I am well versed in techniques for getting children to eat and there isn't much new for me in this book. What was very encouraging was the quotes from other parents talking about their fussy children. I found it heartening to know I wasn't alone and hearing their words about what works and what doesn't for their fussy children was helpful. It can feel very isolating when your child doesn't eat what is put in front of them, especially when all your friend's children do!

5 a Day - Doowell Magnetic Game
5 a Day - Doowell Magnetic Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe better for older children..., 19 Jun. 2011
My daughter is 3 and notoriously picky with her food. I thought this would be a fun way of encouraging her to eat more fruit and veg but it hasn't really worked so far. First of all she thought it was a game and wanted to play with it, so I let her for a while and then explained what we were going to do. She quite likes finding the fruit or veg she just ate and putting it on the plate, but she hasn't got the concept of a reward after 7 days and keeps moving these magnets around so I don't know how many days we are up to now! Oh well, we will persevere but I'll perhaps have to reward her daily for her efforts or record her progress elsewhere.

Page: 1 | 2