Profile for Dr. J. A. Sullivan > Reviews

Content by Dr. J. A. Sullivan

Dr. J. A. Sullivan "Grannyjen" (Wales and France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Thaddeus Murfee Series: Books 2-4: Courtroom Dramas (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thrillers Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Thaddeus!, 18 Aug. 2016
I read book 1 and was intrigued, so I got the omnibus next. I've just borrowed the second omnibus. Thaddeus is almost accidentally rich, very generous with his assets and occasionally a bit hapless. John Ellsworth writes well (only occasional spelling errors) and has created a thoroughly likeable hero.

The Boat Man: A Thriller (A Reed & Billie Novel Book 1)
The Boat Man: A Thriller (A Reed & Billie Novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Detective and Dog..., 5 Aug. 2016
This is the second of Dustin Stevens' novels I've read and I've thoroughly enjoyed them both. His writing is excellent and his characters and plots cohesive, convincing and exciting. If only Mr Stevens would learn the difference between discreet and discrete... But that is nit-picking and it's unfair to do that in a review. I enjoy Mr Stevens' work and am about to acquire the next in the series.

A Slip of the Keyboard: Collected Non-fiction
A Slip of the Keyboard: Collected Non-fiction

5.0 out of 5 stars Pratchett in thoughtful mode, 1 Aug. 2016
I read this with my usual automatic Pratchettdelight. There are funny pieces, wry ones and lastly, following his diagnosis with Alzheimer's Disease, moving ones. I'm re-reading everything he wrote that's been published and still enjoying it as much as I did the first time.

Buried (Twisted Cedar Mysteries Book 1)
Buried (Twisted Cedar Mysteries Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Half-book, 7 Jun. 2016
I quite enjoyed this well-written story, but I was so disappointed when I reached the end - and found it wasn't. Obviously this is a device to encourage the reader to buy part two, but it annoyed me so much I refuse to!

Seriously Funny: The Endlessly Quotable Terry Pratchett
Seriously Funny: The Endlessly Quotable Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Terry the Master, 10 May 2016
As always, totally brilliant. I can't believe we'll have nothing more from him.

Tahoe Deathfall (An Owen McKenna Mystery Thriller Book 1)
Tahoe Deathfall (An Owen McKenna Mystery Thriller Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading., 31 Mar. 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Friends of the Dusk (Merrily Watkins Series Book 13)
Friends of the Dusk (Merrily Watkins Series Book 13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrily Rides Again!, 13 Jan. 2016
Merrily Watkins is one of those rare female characters created by a man that women recognise. She's a woman, warts and all, and tough as old boots into the bargain. Phil Rickman books have never, ever disappointed me, and I have them all, from his earliest, like "The Man in the Moss" to his latest. More, please, Phil!

Drained (An Agent Hank Rawlings FBI Thriller Book 1)
Drained (An Agent Hank Rawlings FBI Thriller Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Get an editor..., 23 Dec. 2015
"She took off her blazer and grabbed a hangar..." Go, girl! Deleted after a dozen pages.

The Midtown Murders: A Detective Novel (Detective Ben Carter Investigates Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother., 23 Dec. 2015
Returned after twelve pages. "Tad S Torm" is in dire need of an editor. His spelling is bad, his grammar dodgy, and it is over-written and wordy.

Castle Melamine Black Sheep Coasters - Set of 6
Castle Melamine Black Sheep Coasters - Set of 6
Offered by Placemats

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the design, 23 Dec. 2015
I love the design, but was a bit disappointed to find them cork-backed - the cork is the weakest link in coasters because they can't be washed properly, only surface wiped. But that's a minor point: possibly I didn't read the details closely enough!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3