Profile for Music Maker > Reviews

The Blacklist - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Spader
Offered by MusicnMedia

3.0 out of 5 stars This really is total rubbish! So, OK, ..., 12 Sept. 2017
This really is total rubbish! So, OK, why am I still watching it? Well, there is watchable rubbish and unwatchable rubbish, and this is the former. Instantly forgettable, but it passes an idle hour.

Rectify - Series 3 [DVD] [2016]
Rectify - Series 3 [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Aden Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and unusual, 12 Sept. 2017
Not for those who want non-stop action, but for anyone who's into first-rate writing, first-rate acting, and a cast of real, fleshed-out characters, this is a must-see.

The Bureau Season 2 [DVD]
The Bureau Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mathieu Kassovitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Convoluted, 24 May 2017
This review is from: The Bureau Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
A bit too convoluted for me. Didn't hold my attention enough for me to keep track of everything that was going on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2017 10:18 AM BST

Spin Series 1&2 [DVD]
Spin Series 1&2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruno Wolkowitch

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit dreary, 24 May 2017
This review is from: Spin Series 1&2 [DVD] (DVD)
OK, but a bit dreary. Dunno what Fitoussi's doing in it. Like a black hole. Not exactly addictive viewing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2017 9:56 AM BST

Galaxy Quest [DVD] [2000]
Galaxy Quest [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Tim Allen
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little film!, 24 May 2017
This review is from: Galaxy Quest [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
OK, so I'm a Trekky fan and I really love this spoof. Minor, maybe; but imaginative and fun.

No Virgin
No Virgin
by Anne Cassidy

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsively readable, 4 May 2017
This review is from: No Virgin (Paperback)
Unlike some other reviewers I found this book to be compulsively readable and the central character both sympathetic and convincing. I liked that she had ambitions and wasn't just the usual vapid teenager turned on by sex and shopping. I thought the author depicted extremely well the circumstances not just of the rape itself but of the lead up to it. And just for the record, I can't actually remember when I last gave a book five stars...

Ripper Street - Series 3 [DVD] [2015]
Ripper Street - Series 3 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Matthew MacFadyen
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable hokum. But when at long last we had ..., 15 Mar. 2017
Enjoyable hokum. But when at long last we had the question that some of us have been breathlessly waiting for - "Where is my mother?" - answer came there none ....

Explanations, anybody?

Notes From An Exhibition
Notes From An Exhibition
by P Gale

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to give up, 11 Jan. 2017
I so much wanted to like this book. It was recommended by a friend, which predisposed me in its favour. But oh, dear, I have had to give up after I am barely half way through. Couldn't get interested in any of the characters, to the extent that every time I picked the book up I'd totally forgotten who any of them were, possibly because none of them - for me - actually came alive. The actual writing was OK but nothing special; and given the claims on the back cover I found this somewhat irksome.

The Night Manager [DVD] [2016]
The Night Manager [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Tom Hiddleston

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't last the course, 9 Jan. 2017
Cannot summon up the energy to write an in-depth review. Didn't even make it to the second episode.

Swesy 8 Pack Dog/Cat Clip-On Pet Collar Light Waterproof SpotLit LED Dog Collar Charms Safety Lights Stainless Steel Carabiner Clasp Colorful

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 31 Dec. 2016
I bought these because they are pretty ... let it be a lesson! As other customers have complained about other, similar clip-on lights, they simply don't work. We hve tried three of them on successive mornings and every time the light has switched itself off after just a few minutes and won't come on again. Something to do with weather conditions maybe? But that renders them not fit for purpose. Great to hang on a Christmas tree, perhaps; useless on a cold dark foggy morning.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2017 3:37 PM GMT