Profile for S. Ward > Reviews

Content by S. Ward

S. Ward (Warwickshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Monasteries (Know the Landscape)
Monasteries (Know the Landscape)
by Michael Aston

5.0 out of 5 stars No stone unturned…, 23 Sept. 2015
A wonderful book by a wonderful (and sorely-missed) man – you can almost hear his lovely, soft Black Country accent as you read his very clear and expert words. Will make you – as with all his books – look at the landscape anew, and with freshly-knowledgeable eyes. (And it immediately sent me off to look at my local monastery’s ruins…!) Extremely comprehensive, detailed and lucid.

Good Omens
Good Omens

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect remedy for renal colic…!?!, 14 May 2015
This review is from: Good Omens (Kindle Edition)
No matter how many times I read this (and wear- or loan-out multiple copies…), I still find it to be one of the funniest (and most erudite) books ever written. The confluence of Gaiman and Pratchett produces something extremely special… – and I’m still finding new jokes in it. Just perfect when confined to your bed with kidney stones…! (I read it twice, straight through… – again!)

Incipio DualPro Shine Silver / Grey for iPhone 5 Dual Pro Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core with screen protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best…, 14 May 2015
After three years, now on my second of these (for a second phone – the first is still going strong)! Just the easiest case to put on of its kind; and has saved my iPhone from my increasingly shaky hands more times than I can count. (I had to take my iPhone 5 into an Apple Store the other day – for a software issue – and the ‘Genius’(?!) commented that my phone still looked like new…!) I still haven’t got the hang of applying screen protectors – but I don’t think the iPhone needs one, anyway… – so this has stayed in the box (along with the fun, origami-like stand…).

1 x Blue Badge Holder WINDOW Sticker for Car,Van,Truck,Vehicle.Disability,Mobility,Disabled Self Adhesive Vinyl Sign Handicapped Logo
Offered by Platinum Place (UK Manufacturer & Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful indicator…, 14 May 2015
Useful to have (especially for those increasingly frequent senior moments when you forget to plonk your Blue Badge on the dashboard (and you pray that the traffic warden remembers you car from last time…)) – but also, just a subtle hint to those around you, that, although you may not look disabled, well, you are…!

2 x 150mm x 50mm-Please Allow Enough Room To Open My Door Fully-Window Stickers for Car,Van,Truck,Vehicle.Disabled,Disability,Mobility,Leave-Self Adhesive Vinyl Signs Handicapped Logo
Offered by Platinum Place (UK Manufacturer & Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars You can’t say I didn’t ask nicely…, 14 May 2015
Subtle, but persuasive; and easy to apply. Whether anyone takes any notice of it is another matter…!

The Jew of Malta (New Mermaids)
The Jew of Malta (New Mermaids)
by Christopher Marlowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and clear (much like Marlowe’s own writing…), 14 May 2015
A thoughtfully edited version of the play: with extremely helpful notes, and an introduction that deals with all aspects of it – including the sticky subject of anti-Semitism. Looking forward to seeing the RSC’s production: to see how they combine Marlowe’s mastery of comedy, tragedy, satire and violence.

Bluelounge Saidoka Travel/Home USB Lightning Charge Station for Apple iPhone 5/5s/iPod in Black - MFi Approved
Offered by Spicy Images

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands and delivers…, 24 Feb. 2015
Wonderful! Holds my iPhone 5 at the perfect angle, next to my Apple wireless keyboard (used with my iPad) – even when it’s in its chunky case. I wish I had found this a couple of years ago.

The Shoemaker's Holiday (New Mermaids)
The Shoemaker's Holiday (New Mermaids)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad play; good edition…, 24 Feb. 2015
One of the first plays I haven’t enjoyed in a long time – although the book itself is wonderfully produced, edited and referenced.

IBATTZ IB-AR5-BLK-VS iPhone(R) 5/5s Mojo Refuel Armor S Removable Battery Case
IBATTZ IB-AR5-BLK-VS iPhone(R) 5/5s Mojo Refuel Armor S Removable Battery Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect; but still good at charging and protecting..., 24 Feb. 2015
Loses a point for being fiddly (especially if you want to change the replaceable battery) – but has survived some awful weather, whilst still allowing me to operare my iPhone 5 easily. I have only used it full assembled in its weatherproof case: so cannot comment how it works with just the ‘bumper’ on it. It has finally solved my problem of going out for a walk; tracking it with GPS; and taking photos, whilst keeping my phone protected from the rain – and then not running out of battery.

Techlink Orange Scented Screen Cleaner for Tablets
Techlink Orange Scented Screen Cleaner for Tablets
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the can, etc., 24 Feb. 2015
Very good at both removing my greasy fingerprints effectively, and then protecting the screen of my iPad and iPhone – and with the bonus of a nice smell! The included cloth is great for cleaning my glasses, too!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6