Profile for Mr. K. Tailor > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. Tailor

Mr. K. Tailor "kunaal_tailor" (London, UK)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Smartphone - Black
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Smartphone - Black
Offered by yz communications limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all that, 5 May 2014
I switched back to Samsung after 5 years of using iPhones and I am really not impressed with the note 3. The marketing department is very excellent in terms of selling the device as something it is clearly not. The build and software feels cheap. I will be selling it and upgrading to Samsung Galaxy S5.

It really depends on what you want to use it for. I really needed a juicy phone with superb battery life for work and life. iPhone are well renowned for their powerful phones and terrible battery life. Some of the main selling points of this phablet phone was that it had a nice big screen and powerful battery life.

The other features that appealed to me were the multitasking, s-pen etc. The other items such as airview or air scroll really didn't appeal to me. One of the other main reasons that I purchased this phone is that I wanted to purchase the Galaxy Gear. I didn't purchase it as of yet, as I was waiting for the Galaxy Gear 2 and I will purchase it in due course. I am what you consider to be an Apple fanboy. I was one until recently and I still use my iPhone 5 for my work number. I find it very fluid in comparison to the software, but this is Samsung's fault for using their heavy touch wiz interface that really doesn't do it any favours. I've also had other android phones and the software is very nice overall.

I have hardly used the s-pen. I find it unattractive and unappealing. However, other people may want to use it and really like this feature. I conducted thorough research prior to purchasing this phone and all the reviews I find were highly misleading and over hyped. They really do not represent the true phone. One of the major draw backs for such an expensive device is the rubbish quality front facing camera. It is really terrible and for selfie fans like myself - I really would not recommend it! The back camera is pretty good, but doesn't have many modes.

One thing I will say is that watch out for Samsung. They have an excellent marketing strategy and good marketing experts, but you will probably be left disappointed as the phone is indescribably different to what I have seen on reviews and videos. I suppose the main reason for not liking it as that I did not try it hands on first. I suggest you try it first to see if you like it and I have tried the new S5 and seem pretty happy with how it worked. Hence why I have ordered it and it will take me a long time to go back to Apple unless they make some huge improvements. However, in terms of their phone photo quality, build quality and software ease of use, as well as fluidity. Apple has my respect. The software with touch wiz on this phone is extremely tricky, clunky and stuffed with features that you will never use. Plus I hate the fact that it saves photos automatically and on iPhone you can choose to keep the photos with the app and out of the photo roll if you want. This just doesn't happen with Android.

The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee [DVD]
The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robin Wright Penn
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars This has 6 stars or reviews? Are people deaf and blind?, 5 Mar. 2013
Absolutely boring and unprovoking. I am confident the director never made another movie after this one. It is so rubbish. There are so many good foreign films around, when these mass producing Americans try to make a art neveux style movie. Very famous actors in the movie, but they do not do the movie justice and the movie does them no justice. Bland story line, no energy, and unentertaining. Save your money and your time. DO NOT BOTHER!

The Kid With A Bike [DVD]
The Kid With A Bike [DVD]
Dvd ~ Thomas Doret

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Gripping and Touching Drama, 20 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Kid With A Bike [DVD] (DVD)
The movie really grips you from start to finish. The little boy is growing up in an orphanage and has nobody. His dad cannot afford to look after him anymore and doesn't want to see him. The boy seems like a troublemaker, and you think he is so naughty, but then you realise how far it is from the truth and that he just wants to be loved. He be friends a local woman who takes him in for the weekend and at first he gives her a lot of trouble and then the story envelopes from there on.

L'Oreal Elvive Active Selenium Shampoo 250ml
L'Oreal Elvive Active Selenium Shampoo 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 Jan. 2011
It does wonders for my scalp and hair. Leaves it shiny and healthy. Never had any problems and been using it for over 4 years. I dunno why they don't sell it in Superdrugs anymore though and I couldn't find it in boots this morning.

The Ramen Girl [DVD] [2008]
The Ramen Girl [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Brittany Murphy
Offered by Wowudo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Suprising, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry!, 1 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Ramen Girl [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
What an expected movie. Had no idea it even existed. It must have been a straight to DVD release. Brittany Murphy, is at her best in this movie, she travels to Japan and it has a Lost in Translation feel to it, except it's funnier, and you can't understand half of what is being said, as most of the movie is in Japanese, and that just makes it even funnier. As someone who has experience what Brittany experiences in the movie, as I moved to China. It was portrayed excellently and shows you the trials and tribulations of living abroad in Asia. It is excellent, and if you want something to cheer you up, then this is definitely worth watching. It is gripping and well though out all the way through. 5*****

RIP Brittany dunno what we will do without you.

Samsung SCX-4623F Mono Laser All in One Printer, Copier, Scanner and Fax
Samsung SCX-4623F Mono Laser All in One Printer, Copier, Scanner and Fax

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Mar. 2010
I had previously ordered the Samsung CLP-315W Wireless Colour Laser Printer, but needed one with a photocopier, scanner and fax, to use with my business. I am a small business and need copies and printing facilities for work, therefore colour printouts are not essential. I got the printer out of the box and installed the CD on to my laptop. After plugging in the printer, I tested out the copier function and was very impressed. The quality is not brilliant, but it does what you need. I did not need a wireless printer, however previously thought this would be a bonus. I also wanted a colour printer however resisted as the toners are more than half the price of the printer itself! Having read the reviews of wireless printers they seemed like a seemingly tedious process to set up, as I've had a wireless printer in the past and it took almost a day to make it work.

I plugged my USB cable (not supplied) into the back of the printer and into my laptop and tested the scanner, you can activate all the functions directly from the printers front panel. I then tested the printing facilities and I am really impressed. It even beeps to tell you to remove the paper out of the tray, when it is full. It has a nifty auto-sensor which recognised when you have removed the printed out pages and then carries on printing.

I have not yet tried out the fax facility, but my printer was up and running in less than 30 minutes and it was very easy to use. I would highly recommend it if you need something that is quick to set up, fast and reliable. The printing out page rate is 22 ppm. It hardly makes any noise when used as a scanner. It comes with a toner included and so far it has not seemed to decrease rapidly in comparison to my old inkjet printer. The toner is very easy to replace and you just need to slide the old one out and the new one in.

Good Points

Fast
Reliable
Ease of use
Ease of set-up
Comes with a toner
Economic power saving mode and toner saving mode
Good size for offices where you don't have much space

Bad Points

Quality of print outs is not brilliant, but sufficient.
Does not come with a USB cable.
Not colour, but not needed and toners for the colour models are almost more than half the price of the actual printer.
Not wireless, or network ready, but this depends on the users individual needs and wireless can be seemingly tedious to set up with all the security restrictions on some of these printers, in particular the Samsung models.

Conclusion

Highly recommend give it 5* due to the reasonable price, ease of use, and wide range of functions available. Hope it lasts longer than my inkjet!