Profile for S Dowding > Reviews

S Dowding

Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand
Remington Pearl CI95 Curling Wand

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 26 Jan. 2014
I've always wanted curly hair. Tried bendy rollers, rag rollers, traditional curling tongs, even a one-off perm at 14. But those were all a bit of a hassle. The Remington Curling wand is definitely better than these, gives great, lasting curls, doesn't get tangled in my hair (old tongs with the clip) and doesn't require an uncomfortable night in rollers.

Pros:
Quick - 20 mins to curl my long (half way down my back) thick hair first time.
Curls last till next day
Easy (once you get used to holding it in a way that stops hair slipping)

Cons:
Very hot (minor con really - on my second try didn't even need the heat-resistant glove provided because I'd got used to the shape and size of the wand)
Hair is prone to slipping down barrel
Could do with slightly longer barrel to make it easier on long hair.

Result looks great and only one thing prevents me from using them every day- I prefer spending that 20 minutes asleep!

Tally Counter Hand Held Clicker 4 Digit Chrome Palm Golf People Counting Club
Tally Counter Hand Held Clicker 4 Digit Chrome Palm Golf People Counting Club
Offered by WE-PRO

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 18 Jan. 2014
Bought this for my Mum, to count rows in knitting. Perfectly suited to the task and easy to use. Not identical to the photo (has a black reset dial on side rather than silver) so seller should probably have listed it under a different listing but only an aesthetic issue.

Genius Micro Traveller Mouse - Black
Genius Micro Traveller Mouse - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The best things come in small packages..., 29 Nov. 2013
And once I found my way into the packaging this certainly warrants the cliché. Not the cheapest mouse I've bought, but the quality makes it well worth the price. Was worried the stretchy cable-wrapping device may get a bit temperamental but seems strong and, two weeks in, no problems so far.

Tiny but comfortable to use. Perfect for travelling or if, like me, you can't resist things in miniature.

Panasonic RP-HJE120E-V Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Violet
Panasonic RP-HJE120E-V Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Violet
Offered by Price Grabber

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, but may suit you. Who knows?, 29 Nov. 2013
I bought these a couple of weeks ago based on all the positive reviews. Tried all the different sizes of covers provided but could not get an arrangement that didn't result in pain after about 10 minutes. I've had problems with earphones before so wasn't that surprised.

I think the problem stemmed from the fact that the speaker bit (the bit the cap is attached to) is actually an oval rather than a circle, which didn't suit my ear shape well. That and the bit where the white plastic joined the purple plastic rubbed on my tragus (had to look that up).

But they may suit you, I don't think you can know until you try, unfortunately. These will be added to my tried and failed pile. I'm waiting for reasonably priced earphones as comfy as foam earplugs, but until then I'll go back to my Aldi specials (a bit buzzy but so comfy).

Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted. A great buy!, 29 Nov. 2013
Bought these headphones nearly two years ago and still consider them one of my best buys ever. I wanted them so I could hear the living room TV while I'm in the kitchen and elsewhere in the house. And they're perfect for this, no annoyed neighbours and I can even continue listening if I pop out to the garden.

On first use I found them a bit heavy but you get used to them. And, as another reviewer pointed out, they are a little big (too big for children, for example) and not the most attractive item. But they make up for that in the freedom they have given me (Doctor Who while washing up? Don't mind if I do!). I say freedom - I'm clearly just lazy and TV-addicted, but they make me feel a little less lazy at the very least!

As mentioned by others, turn the stereo/TV volume up and no hiss at all.

You won't regret this purchase. But if Sony are listening, a smaller version wouldn't go amiss ;)

Edit: Since writing this review I've realised that I've accepted that headphones are never going to fit properly (these do hurt behind the ears after an hour or so, especially when I have my glasses on). I shouldn't accept this. Hence I've changed my rating from 5 to 4 stars. But I can't help still loving them.