Profile for Filoselle > Reviews

Content by Filoselle

Filoselle

by Corinne Crasbercu

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book but you must know, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Poupées en chiffon (Paperback)
that if you have the first book, this one repeats almost everything that you find in the first, of course there is a lot more also. In this one you will find a lot of new clothes and I love the classic clothes the author designs. She also improves her technique on sewing the doll clothes and the pictures are a work of art.

Nouveaux vêtements de poupées : Couture et crochet
Nouveaux vêtements de poupées : Couture et crochet
by Carole Atzu

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful pictures, 2 Dec. 2013
I love Carole Atzu books. I don't have a doll this size, but I have done some of the outfits for friends and they fit nicely. The book itself is a joy for your eyes. Full of ideas to make baby dolls clothes. The one thing I cannot understand is the crochet patterns, so I didn't make any of them, they are not very clear for me, the fact that they are in french does not help... The patterns are full size, I love that because I don't have to go somewhere to enlarge them. Some of the clothes models repeat on other Carole books.

Les petits habits de ma poupée : Pour poupées et poupons de 32 à 42 cm
Les petits habits de ma poupée : Pour poupées et poupons de 32 à 42 cm
by Chloé Bagate

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 2 Dec. 2013
I collect doll clothes books. This is the first book I buy for Waldorf dolls clothes, and I love it. The clothes are easy to make and beautifull. The pictures are very nice and the patterns are full size, what is a plus. The clothes fit my waldorf dolls and my bears wonderfully.

Poupées chic et choc
Poupées chic et choc
by Sylvie Perricone

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull dolls, 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Poupées chic et choc (Paperback)
Patterns in full size wich is very nice so you can start imediatly making your dolls,. The dolls are really cute and the explanations easy to follow. Lots of inspiring photos. Fabrics and other materials are easy to get. A very good book for the cloth doll lovers.

Stitched Whimsy: Embellished Fabric and Felt Accessories, Accents and Gifts
Stitched Whimsy: Embellished Fabric and Felt Accessories, Accents and Gifts
by Heidi Boyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull book, projects are beautifull and easy to acomplish, 7 Feb. 2012
When I buy this book I was a little afraid the dolls would be to small for what I have in mind, but the patterns are easy to copy for what size you want. I already made two of the projects and love them, even if the author uses mostly felt you can substitute it for other materials and even recycle old clothes. I use polar fleece in bright colours and cotton to made the girafe and the elephant and they end up beutifully soft and cudly. I am very happy I did buy it, it is a treasure full of collorfull ideas.

All Dolled Up: Sewing Clothes and Accessories for Girls and Their 18-Inch Dolls
All Dolled Up: Sewing Clothes and Accessories for Girls and Their 18-Inch Dolls

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for doll clothes sewers..., 22 Dec. 2011
I love Joan Hinds books, she has a pratical aproach on how to sew for dolls that even an experienced sewer can benefit off.
This book has also a must have dvd for you to see some of the tricks on sewing for dolls. The patterns are on pull out sheets and on original size. I don't know about the child size patterns but the dolls patterns have a good fit, are very easy to sew and instructions very detailed, you will love it, and a plus you will be able to match your little girl and her prefered doll. The clothes are modern, the fabrics choosen are wonderfull and the ideas are very good. You have patterns for 18" fabric body dolls and also some for 15" fabric body baby dolls.

by Corinne Crasbercu

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy ideas, beautifull pics, instructions not very easy to follow, 29 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Poupées en chiffon (Paperback)
The doll is a perfect size and the clothes are wonderfull and not difficult to sew, if you know a little on how to sew doll clothes. You need to enlarge the patterns... wich can be very frustrating.
The instructions are not adequate to sew this little clothes, I think the author have a background on making people clothes, and use her background on making doll clothes, wich are a totaly different scale and far more dicfficult if you don't use the right technic. If you follow her instructions you will do most things the hard way, like sewing the sleeves on or making the bloomers but if you want to learn how to sew (not to design your own) doll clothes the books from Joan Hinds are the best, the last one even has a dvd for you to watch some of the technics.

Making Children's Clothes
Making Children's Clothes
by Emma Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull book, but be carefull if you do not buy the english copy, 29 Nov. 2011
I buy the portuguese translated copy, it's amazing what a bad translation can do to a book. The translation is awfull, errors, mistakes, bad interpretation of the english language, none or little techenical knowlegde, a complete disaster.
The book in itself it's very easy to use, wonderfull clothes, marvelous pics. A lot of easy to sew simple patterns, mostly for girls. I buy it mostly for ideas and do not regret it, only I wish I had the english one.