Profile for Sally Ann Meakin > Reviews

Content by Sally Ann Meakin

Sally Ann Meakin "sallymeakin2"

The Psychopath Test
The Psychopath Test
by Jon Ronson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 July 2012
This review is from: The Psychopath Test (Paperback)
What a great read! I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was like reading a fascinating newspaper article, that you just can't put down, only it's as long as a book - which I guess is why I'd finished it in two days!

Showstopping Quilts to Foundation Piece (That Patchwork Place)
Showstopping Quilts to Foundation Piece (That Patchwork Place)
by Tricia Lund

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Showstopper, 12 April 2008
What a wonderful book! When you first see the quilts, you immediately think "There's no way I could make that" but believe me, you can. Very simple, easy to understand instructions make this book essential.

The Damage Done: Twelve Years Of Hell In A Bangkok Prison
The Damage Done: Twelve Years Of Hell In A Bangkok Prison
by W Fellows

5.0 out of 5 stars You will not be able to put this down!, 7 Feb. 2006
This amazing book details things which you find difficult to believe any human could endure and live through, but Warren writes in such a way as to keep you mesmerised, and feel that you are there with him. I just couldn't put the book down. I respected his total revulsion of the crime that put him there, and his style of writing was down to earth, factual and hits you right between the eyes.
what an AMAZING read!

I Choose To Live
I Choose To Live
by Sabine Dardenne

4.0 out of 5 stars sallymeakin2, 7 Feb. 2006
This review is from: I Choose To Live (Paperback)
This book spares you the details of 'little Sabine's' abuse, but you fully understand how she learned to live and fight against her captor and abuser. The book leaves alot to the imagination, but boy, it doesn't take much to gather what was going on. Sabine writes from the heart, and I just couldn;t put it down.