Profile for Ms. N. De Beer > Reviews

Content by Ms. N. De Beer

Ms. N. De Beer (UK)

Acheron (The Dark-Hunter World)
Acheron (The Dark-Hunter World)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenyon's best book EVER!!, 13 Feb. 2012
"Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind.
Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he'll do anything to keep concealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence."
RIGHT! This is by far the best book ever written nevermind Kenyon's best! I absolutely adore this novel and it's characters. All throughtout the Dark Hunter series I have wondered more and more about Acheron and his little Simi, and FINALLY now it is all explained properly. You get a look into Ash's past to understand his present as well as being along for the ride when it comes to his future. I absolutely love Ash and Simi. They are my favourite characters and this story just helps bring them to life for me. I am grateful Kenyon wrote it and if you are looking for a great read, THIS IS IT!!!!! without a doubt. Kenyon and the Dark Hunter series are what makes Paranormal ROmance amazing! I'm on my way to owning all of them :)
****SPOILER**** Don't let the first half of the book put you off, read it in order of series and when you come to reading this you will understand!

Sins Of The Night (The Dark-Hunter World)
Sins Of The Night (The Dark-Hunter World)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best!, 13 Feb. 2012
But every now and again a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing the fearless fear. Step over the line and it's my wrath you will face. Nothing can touch me. Nothing can sway me. I am relentless and unfeeling.
Or so I thought until I met a female Dark-Hunter who goes by the name of Danger-it's not just her name, it's how she lives her life. She doesn't trust me at all. And who could blame her? She alone knows that I'm here to be judge, jury and most likely executioner of her friends. Yet she is my key to saving some of them. Without her, they all will die.
Dangereuse St. Richard is a deadly distraction. Something about her is reawakening a heart I thought was long dead. But in a race against evil, the only hope mankind has is that I do my duty. And how can I do my duty when it means that I will have to sacrifice the only woman I've ever loved?"
By far one of my favourite books written by Kenyon! Alexion is such a loveable character, much like Acheron :) he's very complex and i think it's one if the reasons i love him so! His constant conflict within himself makes you cry out to want to help him but his stubborness also makes you wish you coul dkick him. He feels very real when reading this book, and his complex nature with Danger helps make their whole story feel like it is playing out in front of you. I would definitely say that this is in my top 5 kenyon Dark Hunter novels.

Seize The Night (The Dark-Hunter World)
Seize The Night (The Dark-Hunter World)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Feb. 2012
"Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter-he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for superceding them. To make things worse, he's very conscious of his aristocratic background and breeding. So it serves him right when he runs into Tabitha Devereaux. She's sassy, sexy, and completely unwilling to take him seriously. (Not to mention that she's the twin sister of the wife of former Dark-Hunter Kyrian-Val's mortal enemy.) What Tabitha does take seriously is hunting and killing vampires-and soon she and Val have to grapple with the deadliest of all Daimons-one who's managed to come back from the dead, and one who holds a serious grudge against both of them. To win against evil, Val will have to loosen up, learn to trust, and put everything on the line to protect a man he hates and a woman who drives him nuts."
As always Kenyon keeps you gripped with her amazing storyline and complex characters. You cannot help but fall in love with them. Each story is different but amazing in it's own way. Valerius is a fab character as he is moody and complex trying to deal with many "problems" but Tabitha is his best match by being totally opinionated :) I definitely love Kenyon enough to say she is my favourite author. This book was one of her best.

Green Lantern: No Fear
Green Lantern: No Fear
by Geoff Johns

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Adaptation, 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Green Lantern: No Fear (Paperback)
"Hal Jordan has returned from the dead and has once again sworn to protect all living beings in Space Sector 2814 using his power ring, the most powerful weapon in the universe. Discover how Hal re-establishes his personal life as a jet pilot for the Air Force while reconnecting with the super-hero community he once betrayed."
I bought this for my partner and he really enjoyed this. He's found the series easy to read/follow and the images are amazing (I agree). Geoff Johns's Green Lantern series is a must for any green lantern fan whether you are new to the series or have followed the adventures from the beginning. Follows straight after the events of Rebirth.
Full list of Green Lantern Series in order can be found on Comic Vine.

Hunted: 5/6 (House of Night)
Hunted: 5/6 (House of Night)
by Kristin Cast

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Jun. 2009
Fifth book in the House of Night series.
The good news: Zoey's friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren't Neferet's secrets any longer. The bad news: Ancient evil with the face of an angel has been let loose - that and various other nasties (whose faces aren't so angelic). Grandma Redbird is in trouble. Heath is in trouble. The House of Night is in trouble. Okay, let's face it - Zoey's whole world is in trouble! But when the trouble comes from a being who appears to be beauty personified, will the world believe it? Especially when only a teenager and a group of misfits are the only ones who really understand the danger he brings. Will Zoey have the strength and wisdom to reveal the truth?
Completely love this series. Definately should be read if you like the Twilight series.

Dragon Wytch
Dragon Wytch
by Yasmine Galenorn

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Jun. 2009
Fourth book in the Otherworld series.
We're the D'Artigo sisters: savvy--and sexy--operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Delilah shapeshifts into a tabby cat whenever she's stressed. Menolly's a vampire who's still getting the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Camille, a wicked-good witch, trying to juggle faulty magic, gorgeous men, and the demonic war in which we're embroiled. Sometimes, it's hard to know just who we can trust...

"The Equinox is coming, and mayhem rules. A crown-prince unicorn offers us a legendary gift, but it vanishes. Goblins and trolls swarm the streets of Seattle. And now Smoky, the sexiest dragon alive, decides to stake his claim--on me. Overshadowing it all, the third spirit seal surfaces and Shadow Wing's after it. But I've discovered a secret that could change everything. A new power is rising--a dangerous force from the past--one that intends to restore balance to the worlds...whether we like it or not..."
Brilliant. Galenorn is an amazing author, can't put her books down.

Witch Heart (Elemental Witch)
Witch Heart (Elemental Witch)
by Anya Bast

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Jun. 2009
Third book in the Elemental Witches series.

Claire, a demon's handmaiden, is rescued from enslavement by a handsome playboy. Now they're both in danger of being captured by warlocks who are determined to harness Claire's powers for evil.

Recommend if you like Yasmine Galenorn, J.R Ward and others who write paranormal romance.

Witch Blood (Berkley Sensation)
Witch Blood (Berkley Sensation)
by Anya Bast

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 21 Jun. 2009
A water witch, Isabelle Novak has always led a chaotic, nomadic existence. But her life spins out of control when her sister--her only friend and emotional anchor--is killed by a demon. Driven by grief and a desire for revenge, she turns her back on the Coven and the rede they hold sacred: Harm thee none...

When Isabelle first encounters Thomas Monahan, she's running on pure rage and sorrow, channeling her pain into power--and trying to freeze the life out of a warlock she holds responsible for her sister's death. Together, they form an uneasy alliance to hunt and destroy a demon of tremendous power. As head of the Coven, earth witch Thomas must thwart Isabelle's dark impulses, but his very presence stirs deeper desires she never knew she had...

Absolutely loved the story after reading the first (Witch Fire). Would definately recommend it if you like J.R Ward, Lara Adrian, Yasmine Galenorn.

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed)
Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed)
by Lara Adrian

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Jun. 2009
First book in the Midnight Breed series. About vampire warriors falling in love. Completely loved it. Couldn't put it down at all. Absolutely loved the characters, if you like J.R Ward, you'll love this. The story grips you from the first page.

Shadow Kiss
Shadow Kiss
by Richelle Mead

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Shadow Kiss (Paperback)
Absolutely loved this book. It rocked!!! Keeps you on the edge of seat and even wanting more once it's finished. Can't wait for the next one!