Profile for Nuno Veloso > Reviews

World of Warcraft: Rise of the Horde: Rise of the Horde No. 4
by Christie Golden
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading comments? Go and buy it! :), 8 Aug. 2013
I love Warcraft (the game and the books) and I've grown dreaming and reading about it, so I really like this book.

I'm not going to waist time with spoilers, but for those of you that like the horde, or that like to hear both sides of one story, go and get it, either you already know the Warcraft world or are just a fantasy reader, go and get it!

Mistborn Trilogy (Box set, includes The Final Empire, The Well of Ascension and The Hero of Ages)
by Brandon Sanderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feeling in 3 different books!, 8 Aug. 2013
So, I'm a big fantasy lover, and have read a lot of different stuff throughout the years.

This triology has a interesting plot, and original one too, the thing is that for me, the first book is really really good, the second, not bad and the third didn't captivate me much. I love big series, but this one might have finished a little bit earlier, since I think the plot thickens and thickens and thickens up to a point of a little bit too much.

Anyway, if you're in for a original, and a bit different type of fantasy world, go for it, you'll enjoy it!

Logitech M100 Mouse with Cable - Black
Logitech M100 Mouse with Cable - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat the price for quality ratio, 8 Aug. 2013
I've owned a similar one before, in my opinion you can't beat the price/quality ratio. The previous one is still in use after some 4 years, but it's now getting to the point of no return, so I bought this new one, which I expect that lasts as much :)

I have some tendinitis problems, and this mouse fits well, if you can, always try a mouse before you buy it, some high end ones (and expensive) might really not fit your hand format and user needs, for me, this Logitech is perfect. And cheap!

Go and buy one!

Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad Two Fans Laptop Cooler Fits - 15-17 Inches
Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad Two Fans Laptop Cooler Fits - 15-17 Inches

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't cool as much as I needed., 8 Aug. 2013
For the price/quality it's a good product, it just doesn't meet my demands for cooling, but I own a old laptop that really overheats A LOT with nowadays software that I need to use (CAD, 3D...).

As for confort, it's really confortable, and a 15.4'' laptop fits perfectly. I had a trouble with this previously, because 15.4'' cooling pads are so tiny compared to the laptop size, this one made the deal!

All in all, it's a reasonable product for the price, I don't give it more stars just because I still need an extra usb fan to cool down my laptop to usable temperature.

The Hobbit (pocket version)
The Hobbit (pocket version)
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars Loveable edition for a wonderfull book, 12 Oct. 2012
First let me say that this edition is just... so nice! I mean, it's every little kids dream to have this little book in such a well conceived version. The cover is very good and durable, and it just... well, I'm a 30 yo little kid, and I loved it!

As for the story, it's Tolkien, not much to say. I love it!

World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack (PC/Mac)
World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack (PC/Mac)
Offered by Go2Games

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good expansion, 7 Oct. 2010
It's WoW, what else to say? Some might like it, some don't, but if you're buying it's because you loved the original game and so... it's good!

Kinobo USB Gamepad / Joypad for PC XP/Vista/Windows 7 - Full Vibration Feedback
Kinobo USB Gamepad / Joypad for PC XP/Vista/Windows 7 - Full Vibration Feedback

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job!, 11 July 2010
Nice pad, the directional buttons are not very sensitive, but for the price and the use I give it it's more than enough. The analog pads work perfectly.

Simon's Cat
Simon's Cat
by Simon Tofield

4.0 out of 5 stars Simon's Cat...no more words to describe it!, 7 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
A really entertaining book! For comic lovers and specially for those who have a cat, a "must have".

Not always a cartoon needs to be 3D or full of effects to be great!

Good job Simon Tofield.

The Way Of Shadows: Book 1 of the Night Angel
The Way Of Shadows: Book 1 of the Night Angel
by Brent Weeks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, very nice debut by Brent Weeks, 27 Oct. 2009
I bought the 3 books of Night Angel Triology altogether, and I just finished reading "The Way of Shadows" a couple of hours ago.

Characters: Very strong and well built ones, others not so really (because they didn't need too), and a couple of them that could have been more developed. The main character is really good, as well as some of the more important ones (be them friend of foe).

The world/enviroment: The world is simple and with no big crazy innovations in the style, but it suited the story well. As for the enviroment and scene description, I really loved some parts. The beginning of the book made me dive head first in the story, and kept me turning pages.

The plot: Really good! My only negative comment on this is the last third or quarter of the book, where I got a bit lost in events (probably helped the fact that I read this part very late in the night, and my attention might not be the same, but damn! I wanted to know was happened next!!!)

Overall: Great book! I'll give it a 4/5 because I'm not one of giving 5/5 easily, I keep that note for the astonishing ones. This ones is great as I said, kept me turning pages, even when work was just some hours away and I should sleep. I recommend it with my eyes closed and without any doubt! Looking forward for the next one, who is already out of the shelf and ready to start my page turning addiction...tonight :)

The Golden Orb (Dragonlance: The Icewall Triogy)
The Golden Orb (Dragonlance: The Icewall Triogy)
by Douglas Niles
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars The story goes on..., 17 Sept. 2009
My first Amazon buy, a long time ago.

Douglas Niles keeps the story going with his well paced and easy to read writing, in a story that combines the best and worst of human kind (and orc in this case!). A page-turner in my opinion, but I'm a bit addicted to reading so I might be a suspect saying this :)

Page: 1 | 2