Profile for Casscat > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
APS CF296 Cruet Set And Stand, Oil And Vinegar
APS CF296 Cruet Set And Stand, Oil And Vinegar

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Practical Product, 9 July 2014
No drips! I was really chuffed about that - you can pour the oil and the vinegar without getting drips running down the bottles. Very simple in design but extremely functional.

Bisk 00408 Deco Double Wall Hook in Antique Brass, 7.5 x 6 x 7.5 cm
Bisk 00408 Deco Double Wall Hook in Antique Brass, 7.5 x 6 x 7.5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good 'Antique' Colour, 9 July 2014
Fits in perfectly with some genuine antique brass fittings in my shower room. Not heavy duty but looks the part.

DMD Stella Salt and Pepper Mill Set with Plated Top
DMD Stella Salt and Pepper Mill Set with Plated Top

2.0 out of 5 stars A Dud Pepperpot Unfortunately, 9 July 2014
Very disappointed with these items. I bought them for my place in Spain but once I got them out there and unboxed them the pepper grinder did not work so I had to purchase replacements as I had guests arriving. No opportunity to return them as by then they'd left the country. It's a real shame as they were attractive and seemingly solid, but a pepper grinder that does not grind is about as much use as a comb is to Matt Lucas.

Set of 6 Roltex Unbreakable Reusable Polycarbonate Plastic LARGE Wine Glasses (300ml to rim Height 16.1cm, Max Diameter 7.7cm
Offered by Virtually Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsory Poolside Glassware, 18 May 2014
I have been buying a number of polycarbonate items to have at my holiday home to dissuade people from taking glasses onto the pool area and these are perfect - large glasses which don't look like they belong at a teddy bears' picnic. They are 'adult' glasses and no one will feel embarrassed with one of these in their hand brimming with chilled sauvignon blanc.

New 100% Silk Pillowcase 19 Momme Weight - White (Pair)
New 100% Silk Pillowcase 19 Momme Weight - White (Pair)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 18 May 2014
On the face of it these pillow cases look perfectly okay but closer examination reveals otherwise. I have bought silk pillow cases from other Amazon sellers but this time I wanted white and not ivory so I purchased these. The issue for me is that of substandard finishing. The internal seams are unfinished and frayed - long threads are hanging down inside the pillow cases and as the seams fray further the pillow cases will deteriorate and fall apart. I am not impressed I have to say. Although the price for silk is reasonable, it's not as if £25 is cheap.

Love In The Future
Love In The Future
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Love In The Future (Audio CD)
I wasn't actually aware of John Legend until I heard his track 'All of Me' used as a soundtrack (yes, I admit it and I am sorry...) and was struck by just how gorgeous a song it was. A Google search of the lyrics led me to Mr Legend and this album. What a discovery. This is my current favourite album and a fantastic intro to John Legend's music. I note that since I purchased this the track 'All of Me' has found its way into two speeded up 'techno' versions gaining much airplay, but the original, stupefyingly romantic version will never be beaten in my eyes. A sublime album.

Wellbake Silicone 24 Mini Canape and Tartlet Tray. Heavy Duty Non-Stick Silicone Bakeware + 10 Year Guarantee (Canape)
Offered by wellbake

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Job, 18 May 2014
I wanted a baking tray suitable for making small muffins and cakes - bite sized portions - and this is absolutely ideal. It is of excellent quality and I am confident it will last a very long time. Very happy with my purchase and have recommended to friends.

Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black
Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Henry, Will You Marry Me?, 18 May 2014
You can keep your Dysons and fancy hi-tech kit, it's Henry all the way for me. You cannot argue with the efficiency and indestructibility of this machine. It is no wonder that every shop and office you will ever find yourself in after hours has a fleet of Henrys making short work of a difficult cleaning job. Capacious, rapacious, uncomplaining, mobile, unpretentious - a real workhorse. This is my second Henry - not because the first gave up the ghost, heavens no, but because I have acquired a second property and the only vacuum I will have on the premises is Henry.

Gigaset C430A Nuisance Call Blocking Cordless Phone with Answering Machine  (Pack of 3)
Gigaset C430A Nuisance Call Blocking Cordless Phone with Answering Machine (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Potentially Great Phones But One Annoyance, 18 May 2014
I already had Gigaset phones but wanted an upgrade and these had good reviews so why not? Thus far I am pleased as the ring tone, sound quality etc. are excellent plus I really, really like the analogue clock and the dimness of the night time illumination. The only thing I don't like is lack of caller display. By 'caller display' I don't mean unknown callers, I mean callers in the phone book. I would expect an incoming call to display who it is if that person's number is in my directory, but it doesn't. The manual suggests that all numbers entered into the phone book will be displayed so either I have a dud phone or there is a general problem with this model.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2016 6:04 PM BST

Cream Enamel Metal Peg Bucket
Cream Enamel Metal Peg Bucket

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bucket Badly Packed, 18 May 2014
Unfortunately I had to return this peg bucket as it had been mailed to me via Prime in a box too small to avoid damage. This is a metal item and it will crush under impact so the inadequate packaging offered no protection. The two retainers holding the handle in place had been so bent out of shape that one of them had fractured. Very disappointing as I liked the container

Page: 1 | 2 | 3