Profile for J. P. A. Vincent > Reviews

Content by J. P. A. Vincent

J. P. A. Vincent (Gloucester U.K)

Alessandro Marcello: 'La Cetra' Concertos
Alessandro Marcello: 'La Cetra' Concertos

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to be biais, 24 Dec. 2012
I am hooked on the baroque age of classical music. The venitians win again ! No end of pleasure listening to my old friend Alessendro and occasionaly his brother ( let us not forget him either). I can only be unfair in my comments I love the time too much!

Sacred Journey Of Ku-Kai
Sacred Journey Of Ku-Kai
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars my old friend Kitaro, 24 Dec. 2012
I have discovered the music of Kitaro throught his composition of The Silk Road and have been enchanteted by those languid sounds so in touch with the t.v program which it was the accompaniement of, all those caravans through the Gobi desert! I was reminded of his exceptional musical skills when he wrote the score of the film Heaven and Earth. The Sacred journey of Ku-Kai? So Kitaro! so light! Ideal for a long drive or just finding peace.

Ippolitov-Ivanov: Symphony, No. 1 / Turkish Fragments / Turkish March
Ippolitov-Ivanov: Symphony, No. 1 / Turkish Fragments / Turkish March
Offered by all my music

5.0 out of 5 stars a very worthwhile discovery, 24 Dec. 2012
I was introduced to this composer by listening to classic f.m and was impressed by how his music was different to the regular run of the mill of classical music. In particular as in other c.d I got from him this oriental hint in each of his pieces of which The Turkish fragments and the Caucasian suites are so typical. In this discovery I am paticularly grateful to Anne-Marie Minhall of Classic F.M who opened my eyes and ears to him. I just cant stop listening to the music.

This Land of Ours
This Land of Ours
Offered by Media Vortex

1.0 out of 5 stars disapointment, 4 Jan. 2010
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
bought this product originally from H.M.V Had to return it. This is simply not Karl Jenkins who I worship
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2012 8:18 AM BST

Bach - Brandenburg Concertos
Bach - Brandenburg Concertos

5.0 out of 5 stars bliss, 4 Jan. 2010
The bee's knee's for anyone who love baroque music. Simply the best recording of the Brandenburg concertoes I have heard in a very long time

Revell Easykit Ferrari 360 M Lehner
Revell Easykit Ferrari 360 M Lehner
Offered by Gameseek

1.0 out of 5 stars the icing on the cake or so I thought, 4 Jan. 2010
Having had a Ferrari driving experience in April 2009 and driven a 360 I wanted a die cast model of this car to integrate it into a scene wich had a photograph of me in the car and my certificate. In selecting the product I bought I thought I was doing so. I was very surprised when I got my parcel to discover that it was a kit to assemble and not a fully assembled model. Had the product description been more explicit I would not have bought the item.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2015 2:53 PM BST