Profile for L. Pritchard > Reviews

Content by L. Pritchard

L. Pritchard "L Pritchard" (UK)

Eleven
Eleven
by Mark Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 7 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Eleven (Paperback)
Makes my top 3 books of all time - along with The Time Traveler's Wife and We Need To Talk About Kevin. Original, brilliantly written and makes you think. Wonderful wonderful wonderful.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2013 10:31 PM GMT

Revenge of the Tide
Revenge of the Tide
by Elizabeth Haynes

3.0 out of 5 stars On par with her last!, 7 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Revenge of the Tide (Paperback)
I found Into The Darkest Corner very over-rated. Although it was a decent story I didn't think it was amazingly written. The story was quite gripping though. It was the same with Revenge of The Tide. Despite it being entertaining enough I didn't think the story was particularly original. It passed the time - but not the best book I've read.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice!, 5 Feb. 2012
I received a 15 ml sample of this in a Carmine box and was pretty dubious... I'm not really into skincare products - I take my makeup off at night and that's about it, and particularly because this seems to be aimed at older women I was even more sceptical as to what it could do for my skin. Anyway I decided to try the sample and used it on and off until I ran out. What can I say - its really moisturising and a little goes a long way! I also love how my skin feels in the morning, really smooth and supple. An extra benefit (for me anyway!) was it seemed to sooth any spots/blemishes. I've had dodgy skin lately due to coming on and off contraceptive pills but I found that using this on days where my skin was particularly bad really helped and the next day my skin would be if not completely blemish free, the spots would be greatly reduced. The only reason I wasn't using it nightly is because at 15 ml the sample was relatively small and I wanted to save it for the days my skin was particularly bad once I noticed it helped so much! I have now ran out and am about to actually purchase some... and considering its pretty pricey and I'm not a lover of skincare... this is a big achievement! The one negative I have is the scent - smells quite strongly of lavender, which is not one of my favourite scents! However I've gotten used to it, and the positives far outweigh the bad. I would totally recommend.