Profile for T. Coulthard > Reviews

Lancashire Bouldering
Lancashire Bouldering
by Robin Mueller

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide for Lancashire Bouldering, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Lancashire Bouldering (Paperback)
really well put together, comprehensive guide for bouldering spots in Lancashire. Ranging from west Lancs quarries, to the East Lancs grit edged up to the forest of Bowland crags. Clear, good descriptions of problems and access. Well recommended.

Jagged Red Line
Jagged Red Line

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. This is some book., 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Jagged Red Line (Kindle Edition)
I knew Nick (the Author) as we were at Leeds University Mountaineering Club together in the early 90's - and in 93 he went off to Ukraine as part of his course and spent a considerable part of it climbing (esp the final summer there..). When he returned there were grim tales of a horrific accident - and even grimmer sounding hints of a epic overland journey back from the 'stans' to Kiev. Nearly 20 years later on, I found that Nick has penned his account of his experiences and here it is. I have to admit I downloaded it and waited a while with some trepidation before reading.. It starts as an autobiographical travel tale - relating the quirks, oddities and ways of post communist Ukraine - then as Nick forges links and friendships with climbers it moves into a climbing travel / mountaineering book - until tragedy and its ramifications unfolds. I found it one of the most moving mountaineering books I have read - it is funny, incredibly sad - touching in highs and lows. Superbly written with a very clever and moving shift in tense from first to third person. I'm probably biased - knowing Nick many years ago - but the incredible tale, the comradeship forged and the hardships encountered and overcame made this a truly compelling read. I can't recommend it enough.

(Genuine)T3 25 Mcg Fat Burner 100 Tablets Fat Burn Weight Loss Slimming Pills 1Box-100Tablets BRAND:TIROMEL

1.0 out of 5 stars Tom, 10 April 2008
Useless. Did nothing except make my nose run when I had the thing in. Made things no better whatsoever. A waste of money for me.

The Talking Horse and the Sad Girl and the Village Under the Sea
The Talking Horse and the Sad Girl and the Village Under the Sea
by Mark Haddon

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet(ish), 10 Oct. 2006
I picked this book up in Singapore airport, and whilst its short, I found much of the prose poignant and thought provoking. I dont think its worth the gushing review on the cover, but I really enjoyed parts of it.

If anything, thats this books problem, its runs from being hit to miss from page to page. Even within poems, there can be two lines that would sweep me off my feet and take me away somewhere wonderful - and then there would be two lines that just didnt fit.

Take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy what is there, and its great. But a little hefty at £8!