Profile for Mr C Wheatley > Reviews

Content by Mr C Wheatley

Mr C Wheatley (Oxford, England)

My Generation [Deluxe Edition]
My Generation [Deluxe Edition]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A long wait but it's definitely worth it!, 10 Sept. 2002
As an owner of the previously available CD version it needed something special to persuade me to shell out for the latest offering, despite the extra tracks and remastering.
One listen was enough convince me! The sound is truly superb - crystal clear and just leaps off the CD to invade your space and leave your senses reeling. I was particularly taken with the awesome drumming of Moony - you can almost see him laying into the drumkit. Roger's vocals and John's bass are equally clear and impressive. Shel Talmy has achieved what sounds to me like the perfect mix. Startlingly good!
Two minor gripes - some might find the more restrained Pete Townshend sound takes a bit of getting used to, with his guitar lower in the mix and overdubs missing from a couple of tracks. However this is compensated for by including the original mono versions of "A legal matter" and "My generation" for comparison.
Also, some of the material on the second CD has previously been available and is of variable quality, although some of its belting - the previously unreleased a cappella version of "Anytime you want me" is fantastic.
If you're a Who fan who hasn't heard the 'My Generation' album (or even a non-Who fan!) then this is an absolute must, and for those of you who are already in love with the original, this is still well worth shelling out for - the sound is incredible!