Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer "Shell" (Aberdeen, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Facing the Lutha (The Lutha Chronicles Book 2)
Facing the Lutha (The Lutha Chronicles Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 April 2017
Loved it. Can't wait for more!

Knights (Aurum Book 1)
Knights (Aurum Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable story but far too many mistakes, 12 Mar. 2017
I was between 3 and 4 stars for this. I enjoyed the story and am curious to see where the next will go but there were so many mistakes that, for me, it distracted from the story and I found myself skimming paragraphs to read past the errors. For example, shown instead of shone - and many others, it changed from 3rd to 1st person at one point, poor grammar etc.
This is something which often bothers me so if you can get past this it is definitely worth a read.
I enjoyed Ashlyn's pureness of character and her caring nature while not being a pushover. I'm intrigued to see where her journey will lead her and what adventures await. I'm also looking forward to learning more about her knights. Their personalities could have gone into more depth in this, but as it is a first book hopefully this will be extended and they will become a little more 3D - I'm not sure I'm explaining that right!
Overall an enjoyable story that, if given a good edit, will become even better.

Broken Trouble (Broken Storm Book 1)
Broken Trouble (Broken Storm Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 5 Sept. 2016
Addictive, I want more! Great first book, I loved all thee characters and looking forward to reading how the relationships progress.

Silent Secrets (Faith Series Book 4)
Silent Secrets (Faith Series Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 29 Aug. 2016
Enjoyable read but there were so so many grammatical errors that it took away from the story a little. Talia's name was completely missed out most of the time (update - i just read elsewhere that this has now been fixed) - a good edit is needed.However it was still a good read. The reveal about her father's killer was a surprise - I definitely didn't guess correctly! And i enjoyed reading more about ssk and the kids. Trying not to give spoilers away, I love a happy ending!

Witch's Pyre (The Worldwalker Trilogy Book 3)
Witch's Pyre (The Worldwalker Trilogy Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Action packed finale, 29 Aug. 2016
The third and final instalment had so much action packed in it, many new characters and kept me gripped throughout. Highly enjoyable series. My only critisism is that I would really have liked to know a bit more about all the characters in the epilogue. Maybe find out where they were a year later etc. However another great read from Josephine Angelini 😊

Sixes & Sevens (Seven Hearts Book 1)
Sixes & Sevens (Seven Hearts Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable... I want more, 17 July 2016
A good start to a series which left me wanting more, like hurry up and write the next one, more.
I've been looking for some more reverse harem books - I am a huge fan of C L Stone - and came across this. I will be honest, the cover put me off a bit, it definitely doesn't look too great and I think if the author gets more of a following it should be something to change in the future.
I liked that the relationships between Jaycee and the boys felt natural and easy. It flows well and doesn't seem forced even in such a short time span. Also, I find some RH novels uncomfortable as it feels like the female is cheating on the boys but this was never an issue here. They all have a very open and honest relationship and that is quite refreshing.
A few downsides - I didn't understand why the foster family was such a big deal. She is 18, an adult, and she cannot be forced to go back. So what is the problem if they come looking for her? Just say no. Also, sometimes the story moved a little slow and I wanted something more to happen, whether that was dialogue, action or just to move on with the story. However I suppose with a first book you want to introduce the characters and the setting before getting into too much action.
Overall I thought this was a great read and I am definitely looking forward to reading more about Jaycee and the boys. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a RH series.

The Queen of Traitors (The Fallen World Book 2)
The Queen of Traitors (The Fallen World Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark and epic, 20 Jan. 2016
Wow. What a book. It's been a while since I've read something so different. So dark yet romantic. And what an ending! I want May to be here already.

Captured (The Captive Series Book 1)
Captured (The Captive Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Angry angry, 10 Oct. 2015
So I may have only finished around half of this book. The reason being I started smacking my kindle in anger and frustration at the characters! It deeply annoyed me that one minute Aria could go from crying, begging on her knees because Braith was going to kill her friend to kissing him and caring for him. Like, literally about an hour after she was completely distraught and broken she was then apologizing to him and feeling bad for him! To me, this reads like a mentally abusive relationship. And Stockholm syndrome definitely comes to mind.
On the plus side, I did think it was well written and edited. Outside of Aria and Braith's relationship I enjoyed the story and am intrigued to see where it leads regarding the resistance and the vampire society. I am sure if you don't feel the same way about whether it reads as abusive or not you will enjoy it.

Sonnet Vale (Paranormal Hunter Book 1)
Sonnet Vale (Paranormal Hunter Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustration!!, 4 Oct. 2015
I'm clearly having a bad day. This is the third book today that I've given up on because of the writing. This wasn't as bad as the others so it's possible I'm just at my wits end but the amount of commas is driving me crazy! It's making me read in my head as if the sentences are broken up when they really don't need to be. I'm all for correct grammar but the number of commas seems completely overboard and its stopping the flow of writing. I might try coming back to this one in the future but right now I've had enough!

Power of the Fae (The Mirrored Prophecy Book 1)
Power of the Fae (The Mirrored Prophecy Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars I gave up, 4 Oct. 2015
I'm afraid I couldn't finish this book. I lasted to about 10% which is quite rare for me but I just couldn't go any further. It isn't terrible and I imagine others may really enjoy it but I couldn't get into the rhythm. I felt the writing didn't flow well and words were repeated quite often. For example there was a paragraph about mates and the number of times the word mate or mating was used was exasperating. Also, the sentences were very short or abrupt - I did this. I did that. He did that, etc. I found myself editing paragraphs in my head into what I thought sounded better. I don't want to sound really negative, I've certainly never written a book so good on the author giving it a go but it felt like a first book and maybe once the author has gained more experience they will be a much better writer. I did find the story had potential and I'm sure someone that doesn't mind the writing style will enjoy it thoroughly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4