Profile for Sam Scanner > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Logitech C920 HD Pro USB 1080p Webcam
Logitech C920 HD Pro USB 1080p Webcam

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera - a better value at £44, 5 April 2015
Nice camera - a better value at £44.99 on Amazon than the eye-watering 'full price'! Still not sure why these things cost as much as they do! However,this works well - good images and no problems with sound pick-up, a marked improvement over my previous Microsoft Lifecam 2000

Logan 350-1 Compact Elite Mat Cutter- Grey
Logan 350-1 Compact Elite Mat Cutter- Grey
Offered by Charnwood Tool Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! After a little practice on 'off-cuts' I found ..., 5 April 2015
Excellent! After a little practice on 'off-cuts' I found it to be accurate and provides a professional mount,the bevel cut looks particularly good.
If you anticipate a reasonable requirement for mounts it is worth going for this model rather than the less expensive Classic.

Black Replacement TomTom Battery for Go 300, 400, 500, 510, 530, 600, 710, 910, RIDER 2300mAh
Offered by UK Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars ... battery in my TomTom 910 - by following a good 'how-to' guide on YouTube, 5 April 2015
Spent a reasonably straight-forward half an hour changing the battery in my TomTom 910 - by following a good 'how-to' guide on YouTube.
Once installed, I immediately charged the satnav and it is now working satisfactorily on internal battery power. Haven't tested it for duration yet,but the battery appears to hold charge reasonably well - will probably require a few re-charge cycles to establish. Worth trying as it was quite inexpensive!
UPDATE: After about six weeks,and not being used since full charge, it is still holding approx. 50% of max. so I anticipate the battery should perform even better after a couple of cycles.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, too, 5 April 2015
My wife swears by these having had three orders,even passed on a lot to our daughters! She says they allow more garments to hang on the rails,good quality,too.
Have had great service from Great Yorkshire Trading Company.

5.0 out of 5 stars 69p what is there not to like!, 5 April 2015
I've had a clear one of these successfully on my other phone for four years and it still fits tightly. So,apart from the colour (purple), at 0.69p what is there not to like!

CTEK CTE-56382 Comfort Indicator with 8mm Eyelet Adaptors
CTEK CTE-56382 Comfort Indicator with 8mm Eyelet Adaptors
Offered by Auto-Accessorize

3.0 out of 5 stars It provides a snapshot of the system voltage level and works best when the battery has reached a rest level (this ..., 5 April 2015
This is the third one I have purchased.All appear to suffer from a similar idiosyncracy.Despite using them with two brand new batteries on two different vehicles,the green 'full' indicators only stay on for a short time before reverting to amber or even red. The batteries are recent (few months) fully charged, branded and top spec so there isn't a problem with them.In fact the original batteries were replaced on the basis of their age and the Comfort Indications . The information provided by the CTEK website follows - so it would seem that the act of opening the boot with consequent operation of the interior light could be sufficient to change the indication!
I have a COMFORT INDICATOR connected to the battery in my car. The red lamp flashes even after I've fully charged the battery with my MULTI XS 3600/ MXS 3.6/Zafir 45/M45. Should it do this? I thought the COMFORT INDICATOR would be green when the battery is fully charged?
The CTEK COMFORT INDICATOR is exactly what the name says – an indicator. It provides a snapshot of the system voltage level and works best when the battery has reached a rest level (this can take up to a few hours after the battery was used). As soon as you open a car door or turn on the ignition, the COMFORT INDICATOR will show the actual status, which means that the voltage level will be temporarily indicated as yellow or even red. This is nothing to worry about. The COMFORT INDICATOR is working correctly. To make things easier, you can position the COMFORT INDICATOR where you can see it without having to unlock or use any voltage in the car.
I have a COMFORT INDICATOR connected to the battery all the time. Is there any risk of the battery discharging?
How do I interpret the colour markings on my COMFORT INDICATOR?
GREEN: battery voltage is over 12.65 = battery is fully charged and does not require charging YELLOW: battery voltage is between 12.65 and 12.4V = battery is well charged. Recharge if you have time and opportunity RED: battery voltage is below 12.4V = time for charging to prevent battery damage.
I like the CTEK system - providing reliable charging - but not convinced about the value of this particular accessory since being attached to the battery it is unlikely that it can be viewed without opening either the boot or the bonnet!

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video

1.0 out of 5 stars Liked 'Prime' in its orginal format and pricing - one ..., 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Prime Video (App)
Liked 'Prime' in its orginal format and pricing - one day delivery for orders. Never used Love Film and was annoyed to find that to still have the facility of next day delivery I had to pay a hugely increased subscription. Stupidly I missed the end of the 30 day trial,ordered an item and lost my opportunity to cancel before the higher amount was charged to my account.So I was stuck with it for a year!
Tried Prime Instant Video ( well,now I'd paid for it,might as well!) and found the choice of films/TV pretty average. Hardly a thing worth watching - tho' others may be satisfied - there's little that I hadn't already seen or had any interest in.
Two things REALLY annoy me - lack of a subtitle facility ( I like many have some age-related hearing loss) and the way Amazon denies me access on my Android tablet - come on,do you really expect me to purchase an inferior Kindle ? I find this to be quite discriminatory!
I will not be renewing, unless Amazon address these issues.

Fybogel Lemon (Natural Fibre Drink 30 Sachets)
Fybogel Lemon (Natural Fibre Drink 30 Sachets)
Offered by 247Pillbox

5.0 out of 5 stars ... and appreciated product - making life a little more comfortable! Very competitive pricing compared to High Street pharmacies, 25 Nov. 2014
As a 'senior citizen' this is a valuable and appreciated product - making life a little more comfortable!
Very competitive pricing compared to High Street pharmacies. Would recommend for those who have a tendency toward constipation or,as in my case, occasional firmer motions that can be uncomfortable.

Humax HDR-2000T 500GB Freeview HD Digital TV Recorder
Humax HDR-2000T 500GB Freeview HD Digital TV Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hard drive recorder with two good HD tuners, 25 Nov. 2014
Excellent hard drive recorder with two good HD tuners. Easy to set up,operate and copy to/play from external devices.
Use it in conjunction with my Humax Foxsat - very similar capabilities and specifications. Now have a plethora of recorded material - I download onto external hard drive programmes or films I really want to 'archive'. But there is plenty of capacity on the internal drives unless you record a lot in HD.
No problems with reliability so far - Foxsat has served me well for several years,and I would assume the new recorder will have a similar reliability.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful cloths of a good size - practical to keep ..., 25 Nov. 2014
Useful cloths of a good size - practical to keep one or two in my car for cleaning windows etc. Re-usable and wash well so expect they will be around for some time! Competitively priced inot the bargain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4