Profile for Louise McBride > Reviews

Grandma
Grandma
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted but with a message. Watch it., 17 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Grandma (Amazon Video)
Tomlin funny as ever. A really good put your feet up and relax movie.

Untouchable [DVD] (2011)
Untouchable [DVD] (2011)
Dvd ~ François Cluzet

5.0 out of 5 stars You MUST see this!, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Untouchable [DVD] (2011) (DVD)
I can't rate this film highly enough. It is moving and hilarious. It just shows how laughter and not taking life too seriously can turn adversity into a fulfilling life. The relationship between these two men is touching and profound. The fact that it is based on a true story makes it all the more enjoyable. Everyone should see this film, children and adults.

Basics towel ring
Basics towel ring

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused much frustration, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Basics towel ring
I am awaiting approval to return these. After many attempts, by myself and a handyman, there was no way these were staying on the wall. Brackets were fine, it was the small screw that attaches the ring to the bracket which was problematic. It took a great deal of patience, numerous times, to turn the screw only to find that it didn't attach to the bracket and hung like a limp wrist!

Chromed Solid Brass Barrel Door Bolt - 100mm (Pack of 1)
Chromed Solid Brass Barrel Door Bolt - 100mm (Pack of 1)
Offered by Deals in DIY

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong and sturdy, 13 Feb. 2013
Good product and value for money. Bought it for my bathroom which now resembles Alcatraz! I should have measured first, a smaller one would have been better but I couldn't be bothered returning. Does the job well.

Staring At The Sun: Being at peace with your own mortality: Overcoming the Dread of Death
by Irvin Yalom

4.0 out of 5 stars I like Yalom, 13 Feb. 2013
I like Yalom. This was an interesting book and easy to read. Didn't grip me as much as his other books but worth a read nonetheless.

66fit Vinyl Coated Dumbbells Set of 2 - Red , 2 Kg
66fit Vinyl Coated Dumbbells Set of 2 - Red , 2 Kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong and good grip, 13 Feb. 2013
Nice feel to these. They are heavy, strong and sturdy. I have yet to use them (New year resolution to get fit!) but i imagine these would last years so good value for money.

New Inglenook Deluxe BLACK AND BRASS FIREPLACE COMPANION SET Fire Tools Including Coal Shovel, Brush, Poker, Tongs

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sturdy(ish) set, 13 Feb. 2013
Nice sturdy(ish) set. It might be worth tightening the nuts with a spanner as I have to keep screwing them on after use. They loosen up quite easily but like I said, perhaps I should have tightened them with a spanner rather than hand.

Wahl Dirty Beastie Pet Shampoo 250 ml ZX610, 2-Pack
Wahl Dirty Beastie Pet Shampoo 250 ml ZX610, 2-Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than what I've been using, 13 Feb. 2013
Better shampoo than what I've been using. I do wish the aroma was a little stronger as my Springer Spaniel has a tendency to roll around in fox poo. However, she is quite happy that the aroma isn't powerful, she prefers to fox poo aroma! Overall a good shampoo though.

Wahl Easygroom Pet Conditioner 250 ml ZX612, 2-Pack
Wahl Easygroom Pet Conditioner 250 ml ZX612, 2-Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Have noticed a difference..., 13 Feb. 2013
I have noticed a difference in my Springer Spaniels coat. Really dry bits are still there but there is overall a slight improvement.

Poo Log
Poo Log
by Anish Sheth
Edition: Diary

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a giggle, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Poo Log (Diary)
Gave this to a friend with a poo pen for Christmas. We had a good giggle but it's never been used. Not sure who would want to log their poo (I am sure there will be someone!) but overall worth the purchase just for the laugh!

Page: 1 | 2