Profile for Mr. D. A. James > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. A. James

Mr. D. A. James "DaiJay38" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Forza Motorsport 6 (Xbox One)
Forza Motorsport 6 (Xbox One)
Offered by Level99Games

5.0 out of 5 stars This is without doubt in my mind the best driving game that I have ever played, 26 Feb. 2016
This is without doubt in my mind the best driving game that I have ever played. You can set it to a level that you can just about cope with then sit back and enjoy the competition and the terrific graphics. I brought it to play at home on the couch with friends and it is one of the few new generation games that adults can do that with. Listen developers on line is fun but nothing beats four mates in the room together and you can control the language!!!!

Assassin's Creed Unity (Xbox One)
Assassin's Creed Unity (Xbox One)
Offered by Game_Front

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it. The controls are a bit hit and ..., 26 Feb. 2016
I was put off by many reviews so I waited for a price drop. What a surprise, I love it. The controls are a bit hit and miss at times and as a result I have been killed several times. A couple of times it has frozen on me but a 'quick travel' often clears that but hell it's Assassins Creed so you expect it. The scope of Paris is huge and some of the rebooting times lag as a result but AC is like cheese cake, always at it's best when there is a little bitter to counter the sweet!

Official Xbox One Wireless Controller With 3.5mm Stereo Headset Jack
Official Xbox One Wireless Controller With 3.5mm Stereo Headset Jack
Offered by Happy GO

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best controller that I have used with any console, 26 Feb. 2016
This is the best controller that I have used with any console. However, I think that all the new generation consoles are at least 20% overpriced and should come with a wired option.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk Steelbook Bundle (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars I am one of those who loved Unity so you may find my views tainted but ..., 26 Feb. 2016
I am one of those who loved Unity so you may find my views tainted but Syndicate is one of the best AC games. Being able to switch character is a bonus. A self generated character would be best. Although in truth I love the older settings from the early games. I would like to see a full game in China and/or Japan. I do not play on-line so this is a single player review.

Clarks Outride Hi Gtx, Mens Boots
Clarks Outride Hi Gtx, Mens Boots
Price: £72.30 - £183.75

5.0 out of 5 stars My foot is on the wide side so I often buy Ecco shoes but I tried these in store and found them very comfortable from the off, 26 Feb. 2016
I brought these at half the normal price. It seems to be a very well made boot and with a gore-tex lining. My only gripe is that the laces need to be about three inches longer. My foot is on the wide side so I often buy Ecco shoes but I tried these in store and found them very comfortable from the off. I've not had them very long but I would recommend them especially at the price.

The River Is Dark (A Liam Dempsey Thriller Book 1)
The River Is Dark (A Liam Dempsey Thriller Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars The River Is Dark, 4 Nov. 2015
I do not read many crime novels but felt like a change. It was the reviews which drew me to this book and I can confirm that it is a good read. Mr Hart kept a good pace throughout the story. The plot itself I found a little predictable but enjoyable. For the first time in a long while I read a book in just two sittings. My brother is not a big reader but I will recommend it to him so that shows that this is above average. I think Joe Hart is a very good writer and story-teller.

Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars First or third?, 9 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I understand why people love this game it is huge and we'll made with a good plot. Unfortunately I hate the first person view in games. I find it confining, some say it's more realistic but I find the view of the action too narrow. If there had been a third person option then this would be a five star.

Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)
Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)
Offered by S6 entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Still bats., 9 Oct. 2015
Another great Arkham game! For me Assylum was the best. City seemed larger but this one had something closer to the first game in terms!ms of tension.

Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year (PS3)
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Goin' Bats., 9 Oct. 2015
Excellent game but for me the Arkham assylum was better. Although this had a larger area it lacked some of the tension and plain creepyness of Assylum.

VonShef High Quality 5kg/11lb Digital Electronic Kitchen Scales with Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars VonShef kitchen scales., 9 Oct. 2015
I brought this product for my elderly mother. That means it needed to be simple to operate and not too high-tech. Well these scales are actually both!!! She was able to use and operate the scales as soon as I had fitted the battery (not supplied). On her own, without using the instructions, she worked out swapping between grams and lbs. That was her sorted whilst I read the instructions on how to do the stuff that she had no interest in.
Delivery was very prompt and the packaging secure. So at least for the first week of use we were very happy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7