Profile for Hud > Reviews

The International [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Clive Owen
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars We are all now slaves to debt, 10 Jan. 2015
We are all now made slaves by debt. And the slave-owner whose plantation we work in is the banker. Good Saturday night viewing :-)

Destiny (PS4)
Destiny (PS4)
Offered by passionFlix UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Expecting much more for next version, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Destiny (PS4) (Video Game)
We've finished the game. Liked it, however: Scenarios too repetitive. Doesn't exploit the world enough. But has the potential makings of an awesome world and experience. Looking forward to next installment but expecting way more immersive experience.

FIFA 15 (PS4)
FIFA 15 (PS4)
Offered by EVERGAME

1.0 out of 5 stars Sticking with Fifa14, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: FIFA 15 (PS4) (Video Game)
I'm sticking with Fifa14. The graphics feel worse to me in FIFA15. In Fifa14 the players have "gravity" or "solidity", here they move like cartoon-characters. Sorry EA.

Capitalism: A Ghost Story
Capitalism: A Ghost Story
by Arundhati Roy

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up!, 10 Jan. 2015
Excellent summary of issues facing India, its billion people and neighbours. I read it in one go from Boston to New York! A wake up call with the intensity of an oncoming train. READ.

Eat Sleep Game Repeat T-shirt Consoles Xbox one Ps4 Funny Birthday Present Gift KIDS TO ADULTS Sizes - ebuypress (X-Large 46-48, White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice T shirt!, 29 Dec. 2014
Nice T-shirt!

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
by Yuval Noah Harari

5.0 out of 5 stars Smacks us (sapiens) in the face!, 29 Dec. 2014
Woah! Where on earth did this come from? A revelation indeed, well written. I've always had this uncomfortable feeling about us, sapiens: addicted to consumerism, exploited by owners of capital and assets; war-mongering and killing in the name of whatever fairy-tale creed or religion we care to support; abusing anything that is weak enough to be abused of whatever species; rushing headlong into a way of living that we tell ourselves is actually "making things better".

What does "better" mean? Why do we make up "myths" that are blatantly not true and educate billions of children in them? Who and what are you, am I? And why do I, sapiens, decimate in millions any species I make contact with except those I want to eat?

Thank you Mr Harari for one of those rare books that goes beyond just entertainment.

EDIT: I read this between 25/12 and new years day - couldn't put it down.

Downfall
Downfall
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Warmongers watch this..., 30 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Downfall (Amazon Video)
Chilling, terrifying, gripping cinema: that a man can take a nation and individuals on a journey to suicide purely through devotion to notions of racial superiority?! I mean do human beings have a DNA gene for psychopathic and destructive, warlike behaviour? (Rhetorical question)

As the 25 year old secretary to Hitler says at the end, she thought she had no connection with what was going on, but she could have done things to find out. Ring a bell anyone with the world today?

Watch.

Television's Marquee Moon (33 1/3)
Television's Marquee Moon (33 1/3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of NYC, 19 Oct. 2014
So I know nothing about the era or the place where Television lived and made their music. For me, therefore, its great that this book was written about, for what is for most people, an obscure album. I love Marquee Moon of course. I liked this book. Easy to read, and takes you deep into the micro-cosm out of which such magic emerged.

Pink Floyd's The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (33 1/3)
Pink Floyd's The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (33 1/3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Sept. 2014
Thank you author - I am a big fan of "Sgt Pepper" made in the same year as "Piper" - astonishing how creative Floyd were on their first album - it is as creative as "Pepper" and this book tells it all, in an easy to read style.

Men's Extra Large Eat, Sleep and play Games Print Navy Cotton T-Shirt