Profile for P. Chesterman > Reviews

Content by P. Chesterman

P. Chesterman (South London)

Sky Remote Control sealed in Official Sky Branded Retail Packaging, including Duracell Batteries and Manual SKY100

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement hand control, 3 April 2010
My existing Sky hand control had been in continuous use since then digital service started in 1996 but after 14 years the control and up buttons were clearly wearing out. The item was delivered in three days, is nearly identical to the original and worked straight out of the box. The only difficulty was that I had to enter and re enter the program code for my TV several times before it took effect. Whether this was down to the TV or the control is impossible to say. The answer seems to be to sit near to the TV to do the programming.

The Best Of Oscar Peterson
The Best Of Oscar Peterson
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Memories of a great jazz musician and pianist, 25 Mar. 2010
Although I have many Oscar Peterson LP's from the 70's and 80's covering his work both as a featured artist and accompanist I realized having listened to the sample tracks I don't have a single CD. I have taped compilations I used to play in the car - really relaxing on a long journey. I will therefore be buying this and probably will make a contribution to the statue that is proposed in Ottawa.

Believe
Believe
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 6 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
I can easily understand that if you were not acquainted with Katherine Jenkins previous work and you were used to listening to pop or middle of the road music you might think this was good but frankly it lacks life, is slow and does not play to Katherine's strengths. I suggest Katherine dumps this US slush production team and exerts more personal control over her next album before she loses her existing fans.

Micromark Quartz Wireless Plug In Door Chime Kit (Twin Pack) MM40045
Micromark Quartz Wireless Plug In Door Chime Kit (Twin Pack) MM40045

5.0 out of 5 stars Two units are better than one, 4 Nov. 2008
The unit arrived yesterday and I installed it in around 20 minutes. One unit in the living room one upstairs. For the first time I am not straining my ears wondering whether I have just heard the old [similar]single unit in the hall.[I have good hearing]. The chime also rings twice as opposed to once with the old one. Both units are sited within 30 feet of the bellpush and do not seem to have any problems. Most importantly you can easily hear them with the TV or radio on. The bellpush is designed with a small hood to keep the rain out of the unit. Useful if you do not have a porch

Karcher SC1122 Mobile Domestic Steam Cleaner
Karcher SC1122 Mobile Domestic Steam Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't drop it !, 15 Jun. 2008
I have used this machine for two years now but last week when the door bell went I caught my foot in the flex while it was sitting on the kitchen worktop and pulled it off onto the floor. A peice chipped off the top of the case which I glued back but the on/off switch stopped working. The people at Karcher were very helpful and found me a repairer near to my home. The repairers were also helpful and I hope to have it back shortly. I feel the case could be a bit stronger but I can't understand why the concussion broke the switch.

Public Eye - The Complete 1969 Series [DVD]
Public Eye - The Complete 1969 Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alfred Burke

5.0 out of 5 stars 60's survivor, 1 Feb. 2007
This is one of the very few TV series which deals with the down to earth problems we all face in life seen through the eyes of a down at heel private eye. At the very outset of the first series it was clear that Marker had more or less 'seen it all' however by the time this series starts he has to recover from a spell in prison. In 1969 Brighton had seen better days and reflects Marker's personality and situation. The gaunt spare figure of marker and the minimalist jazz-based signature tune perfectly fit the lone private eye constantly looking into, but never being part of, mainstream life.

If you never see another 1960's series see this one. It is unique.