Profile for oohmrdarcy > Reviews

Three Times a Lady
Three Times a Lady
by Sarah Webb

2.0 out of 5 stars big disapointment...., 2 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Three Times a Lady (Paperback)
I chose this book as ive read both of her others and have enjoyed them greatly. However, I dont know whether I just had too high expectations, but this one was a big letdown. To put it bluntly, it was rubbish. And I dont know why, as the author is clearly talented!
The book is meant to be about a school reuinion, however only the last 50 pages or so were about this event.. The rest of the story is a bland retelling of moments past and the 2 weeks leading upto the event. From the 400 or so pages leading upto the reunion, I was expecting fireworks at the event..good old fashioned romance and a bit of excitment...but nothing.
Also, to add insult to injury (and no im not the kind of person who picks up mistakes!),there were countless mistakes in this book, ones that would make me want to fire my proofreader! The biggest being the mistake that turns Cyril into Cecil...yes the mistaking of two names..Incredible! I want my 6.99 back please!