Profile for Beans > Reviews

Doctor Who - Series 7 Part 2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith
Offered by A2Z Entertains

3.0 out of 5 stars The doctor, 6 Sept. 2013
The Storylines are wafer thin and see through throughout. I was really disappointed with this season. Hey writers... its not enough that you are taking part in the "event" that is Doctor who, you still have to put more than 5 minutes into writing the Story of an Episode.

Still 3 Stars because its Doctor Who.

The Dead [Blu-ray]
The Dead [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Rob Freeman
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

2.0 out of 5 stars low budget nicely made, but is that enough?, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Dead [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
You have to respect the quality of the film conscidering its low budget...but having done that I would still like some form of story. for me that was missing here....
warning spoiler

the plot... driving in a car and meeting zombies.

that's it...

Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Milla Jovovich
Offered by Champion Toys

2.0 out of 5 stars what storyline?, 27 May 2013
nice effects, but the story feels like they took favourite elements of previous films and threw them in the mixer. I was really disappointed with it. Probably shouldn't have read the reviews first... I'm glad I only borrowed this film and didn't buy it.
It's just so dull... and yes I know what to expect from Resident Evil... I bought the box set, anyway I won't buy this.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 2 [Blu-ray] [2009]
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 2 [Blu-ray] [2009]
Dvd ~ Lena Headey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!, 6 Dec. 2011
I love this Show and am really sad that there is no Season 3 :-(
ok sometimes it got a bit predictable, but the tension level always stayed high.
Spoiler!
I was sad about the quick removal of Reese... even though a future path was left open to "use" him again. It felt like "ok we are getting cut lets tie the ends up" and Boom he's gone. After that actor was a 90210"boy" I found it hard to take him seriously, but I have to say that he really grew on me and I bought into his character totaly.

Make Season 3!!!

Shadow Puppets: Book 3 of the Shadow Saga
Shadow Puppets: Book 3 of the Shadow Saga
by Orson Scott Card

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing but readable, 28 July 2011
I really Enjoyed Enders game, I enjoyed Enders Shadow...
but now this is just getting silly. To me it seems like the publisher asked Mr Card to keep writing about these characters because it sells books... there is no real story.
The Characters have to act stupidly in order to spend the rest of the book trying to correct the stupidity. Thats the storyline as far as I'm concerned... They are the smartest ppl in the world? Hmmm no.

Thats the plot of this book, and the fourth in the series gets even worse. you will value the author more if you don't read this. If you do, its ok but a shadow ( yes pun..) of the original idea is all that remains. I was going to give 3 stars because it is ok, but I dropped a star because the author is just trying to make money and has no story to tell.

Postman Pat Pocket Library (Postman Pat Special Delivery Service)
Postman Pat Pocket Library (Postman Pat Special Delivery Service)
by John A Cunliffe
Edition: Board book

2.0 out of 5 stars Small and empty, 17 April 2011
Sorry not impressed with this Product at all.
My daughter loves Postman Pat, but these books are rarely looked at. They try to compress a whole TV episode into 4 Pages and basically if you know the episode by heart you could fill in the gaps for your child, the "books" do not.

We have a Noddy Pocket Library for example that has the same number of pages but is miles better content wise than this.

Hands off unless you need to have EVERY Postman Pat Item ever in you Collection.

Postman Pat Special Delivery Service: Flying Christmas Stocking [DVD]
Postman Pat Special Delivery Service: Flying Christmas Stocking [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas special?, 25 Jan. 2011
my daughter ( 2 1/2years old ) loves Postman Pat and any of the stories really, so this was no different. Well made stories and grerat for Kids!

It lost a Star in my rating though as making it out to be all christmasy is a bit ott...
there is one XMas story, and the rest are all "summertime" Landscape etc... so don't buy it thinking all the stories will be about XMas they aren't.

Doctor Who - Complete Specials (The Next Doctor/ Planet of the Dead/ Waters of Mars & Winter Specials) [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars do NOT miss it!, 25 Jan. 2011
This Box set is simply awesome!
definatly do not get Season 5 before you have seen this, as you will not know what is going on.
This set sits between Season 4 and 5 and is a must see. The episodes are fantastic, Waters of Mars in particular was for me so powerfull... imho its better than the whole 5th season combined ;-)

Tennent and Davies.... best Dr Who ever!