Profile for Wynne Kelly > Reviews

Content by Wynne Kelly

Wynne Kelly "Kellydoll" (Coventry, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Braun MGK3020 Multi Grooming Kit - 6-in-one beard and hair trimming kit - with nose trimmer attachment - Ships with a UK 2 pin plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish grooming kit....., 19 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had good reports on this Grooming Kit from the one with a beard. The blades are sharp and effective and the different attachments offer a choice of looks - designer stubble, short beards, longer beards and contour edging. There is also a hair clipper and trimmer for ear and nose.

Charging takes a lengthy 10 hours and offers 40 minutes of action - not bad at all. All the attachments are washable. For travellers it offers automatic worldwide voltage adjustment. The kit has a stylish appearance and (hopefully) the Braun quality should mean it will last well.

The addition of a storage bag would have been a good idea but great for the price.

My First Bananagrams
My First Bananagrams

5.0 out of 5 stars A great idea!, 15 Dec. 2016
This review is from: My First Bananagrams (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had never heard of Bananagrams before but am very impressed. Each tile shows a lower case letter of the alphabet and a further group of tiles show common letter combinations such as "ai" "sh" and "ee". there are 80 single tiles and 13 combination tiles. Our littlest one is very interested in letters and words and it is easy to make up games to help with letter recognition and word building. I will not introduce the two-letter combinations yet.

The tiles are just the right size and weight for little ones to manipulate. Each on has a raised bit that indicates which way up the tile should be - brilliant idea.

The tiles all fit nicely into a strongly made zip-up banana shaped bag.

L'Oreal Studio Pro Hairspray Ultra Strong 75ml
L'Oreal Studio Pro Hairspray Ultra Strong 75ml
Offered by cosmeticsdirect2u

4.0 out of 5 stars Brushes out easily...., 15 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As this Hairspray only holds 75 ml it is pretty expensive compared with my usual choice. However it certainly works really well. It is labelled as Ultra Strong and it held my hair in place for many hours. But despite its strength it brushed out easily at the end of the day.

The size is ideal for fitting in a handbag but I dislike the gaudy yellow design of the spray. It reminds me of something you might find in a car mechanic's tool kit!

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser Gelée Milk 200 ml
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser Gelée Milk 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product......, 14 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It took some time for me to start to use this cleanser as I could not get the pump action to work. After many twists and turns it eventually started.

This is a very pleasant cleanser. It is lightly fragranced and the gel-like fluid is easily applied. It removes make up effectively (though to be honest no more effective than my usual Boots cleanser at less than half the price). After removing make up with a cotton wool pad the lotion dries quickly and leaves the skin feeling soft - no tightness or dryness. Make up can be applied immediately although I have also wiped my face first with a damp face flannel - both methods work equally well.

A good quality product.

Play-Doh Ice Cream Castle Toy
Play-Doh Ice Cream Castle Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent creative play......, 9 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great toy for creative play. Our three year-old loves Play-Doh and chooses to play with it nearly every time he visits. I think this is because he plays with it at the kitchen table when the rest of the family are sitting there and willing to join in with him.

This Ice Cream Castle Toy is just great. It comes with six little pots of Play-Doh and a variety of "ice creams" and "sundaes" can be squeezed out and shared around. However once the child has begun to get really creative and made dual coloured "ice creams" then the Play-Doh colours will be mixed up and emerge as a muddy brown. So spare tubs of Play-Doh will soon be needed!

Pushing the Play-Doh through the device is a bit tricky and adult help is certainly required for younger children.

It would have been good if this toy came in its own plastic storage box rather than in a cardboard box so all the bits can easily be kept together.

USN Hardcore Whey Protein gH, Chocolate - 2 kg
USN Hardcore Whey Protein gH, Chocolate - 2 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality protein supplement....., 6 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Review from my husband: I found this to be a tasty and effective protein supplement. I used a blender to mix 200 ml milk and water and one scoop of powder. It mixed immediately without lumps and the taste was excellent - chocolate without being too sweet. I also mixed some using a fork. The result in terms of smoothness was pretty good and very drinkable although naturally it took a little longer.

The list of ingredients shows the protein content to he high (almost 60%) and of good quality and therefore it should be an effective muscle builder. Another thing I liked was the fact that the container shows a very comprehensive list of the vitamin and mineral content per 100 grammes.

Note from me: This 2 kg container is pretty large and some kitchens would struggle to add it to already crowded cupboards! Fortunately it can go in the recycling bin once it is finished....

New CID Cosmetics i-Prime Mini Foundation Primer
New CID Cosmetics i-Prime Mini Foundation Primer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed....., 6 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This tiny (10 ml) tube of primer is amazingly effective. I applied it after moisturising. It goes on very easily and immediately my face felt smoother. My foundation was next and immediately I noticed improved results. I am happy to report that the good effect lasted for many hours.

Very impressed with the results - I will definitely buy more when this tube is finished.

Omiky® 18x18Inches Christmas Cushion Case,Xmas Decor Cotton Linen Pillow Cover with Hidden Zipper (Pattern B)
Offered by Omiky

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted....., 5 Dec. 2016
I wanted some Christmas cushion covers but was put off by some very high prices. I spotted these but was worried that as they were so cheap they would be awful. How wrong I was! The design is festive without being gaudy and a well stuffed 18" x 18" cushion fits perfectly. The material feels and looks like linen. The base colour is beige - darker than it looks on the photograph.

For the price I don't expect them to withstand too many wash cycles but nonetheless I am really pleased with them.

Derma Treatments Energising Hydration Vitamin Serum with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E which aims to repair and protect the skin from daily damage 30ml
Offered by Casa Mia Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Skin feeling softer......, 5 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This moisturising lotion is quite thick but spreads easily over the skin and is quickly absorbed leaving no greasy feeling. It has a very slight pleasant fragrance and contains Vitamin E, Aloe Vera and Allantoin. Using this twice day certainly leaves my skin feeling softer and well hydrated. It works well as a base layer for my usual foundation.

The 30ml tube is small enough to be carried a handbag for use "on the go".

Would I pay the original asking price? Not surprising the answer is no - but at the current reduced price it is certainly a good buy.

Out of Bounds
Out of Bounds
by Val McDermid

4.0 out of 5 stars Karen Pirie - sharp-witted and perceptive...., 3 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Out of Bounds (Hardcover)
A very competent police procedural focusing on a twenty-year-old cold case which seems to have links to a current case. Karen Pirie runs the cold case unit with the help of a young sidekick. She is a very engaging lead character – sharp witted and perceptive.

A teenager survives a drunken car accident but when his DNA results are checked they reveal a familial link to the murder of a young woman. But the young man turns out to be adopted and tracing his biological father may not be simple. If this was not enough for her to investigate she begins to (unofficially at first) to look into the apparent suicide of Gabriel, a young man with mental health issues whose mother was killed in an air crash which was blamed on the IRA.

I had not read any of the previous books featuring Karen Pirie but I do not think this spoiled things – although I will make a point of catching up with these in the future.

I do have one criticism: On one of her nightly walks Karen meets up with a group of male Syrian refugees and befriends them. This all struck a false note and this was all rather unconvincing and a bit clumsy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20