Profile for Josephanie > Reviews

Content by Josephanie

Josephanie

Page: 1 | 2
What is Heaven? My Gifted Daughter Explains Where Heaven is, Angels, About the Afterlife, Real Proof of Heaven, Reincarnation and Past Lives

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for anyone new to this subject of any age, 22 May 2014
This book, although short was a simply perfect introduction to the world of spirit. Using everyday jargon for people of all age groups to understand. I would recommend this book to encourage you to then look deeper into the spirit realm and see what you discover to enable you to draw your own conclusion on what is real for you. Religion is man-made, this little book is not about religion, so probably not a digestible book for anyone on this path. This book shares many of my beliefs, albeit in a very simple format, from my early childhood experiences and still into the present day and I am now 50. Thank you.

Hopi Direct Straight Menthol Ear Candles with Protective Discs - 20-pair
Hopi Direct Straight Menthol Ear Candles with Protective Discs - 20-pair

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent results with these lovely scented candles, 6 Jun. 2013
I purchased 50 of these candles 2 years ago at a cost of £2.65 per pair, via a therapist who claimed to have good results with them. I was a little skeptic but decided to try them. I have now used all the candles and have been searching the internet to find replacement ones. I now realise how much money I could have saved by purchasing them myself direct from Amazon.

My Hopi Ear candle training was done using Biosun candles, these were good candles but expensive and not very comfortable to have inserted into the ear for their period of burning time, and did drop ash. The candles that I am reviewing are really nice to work with, they are tapered and the end of the tip fits well in the ear, so using these is comfortable for the client and a cheaper alternative to the Biosun which is a bonus for my clients as I do not charge for my time, only for the cost of the candle. Also as they are made from linen they do not drop ash as the linen stays in one complete piece.

This may sound grim, but when I have completed a treatment, I put the contents that have been drawn from the ear into a little snap seal bag and label it with the persons name and date the treatment was done. I give the client the option to take it away with them or leave it in my box of 'examples'. Most leave the bag with me, but some take it away to impress their friends with. Any client that has come back for a second treatment can also see what was removed from their ears on their previous visit.

(Please note I have had to add this paragraph as these are straight candles and mine were the tapered ones).

I have had brilliant results with these candles, and have drawn out upto 1 cm of solid wax, along with yeast, dried blood and even a tiny insect.

The candles are very delicately fragranced, upon burning there is just a hint of an aroma which is not entirely recognisable as what it says on the packet, but I found the sandalwood, orange and rose candles the ones that were a little more pungent.

The instructions on the candles that I used was limited, although common sense should lead the way, I will point out a couple of things that I have encountered, but in no way has it put me off using them.

Before inserting the candle into your clients ear, check that the plastic tip in the bottom of the candle is secure. The only reason I say this is, I once removed a candle from a clients ear and the plastic tip remained in the clients ear and had to be taken out with a small pair of tweezers. Although this was not a problem as it was easy to just lift out I do feel that it is worth mentioning.

Also check that there is a tiny sponge filter next to the plastic tip. Do this by holding the candle to a window or lamp and look inside and you should see the little honeycomb sponge filter in the bottom of the candle next to the plastic tip. I once burnt a candle and upon opening it to look at the contents that had been drawn up, found that there was no sponge filter. This meant that the ear wax, yeast etc had nothing to adhere to as the little bit of foam is what separates the wax etc clogging up the plastic tip.

Once the candle has burnt to the red line and removed from the ear and extinguished, cut off the burnt linen, place a sheet of tissue on a table and peel open the part that retains the deposits that have been drawn out of the clients ear. From this you can analyse what has been drawn out.

Hopi Direct Rose/Orange/Sandalwood/Bergamot/Tea Tree/Lavender/Rosemary/Peppermint Aromatherapy Ear Candles

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, excellent value, great results., 6 Jun. 2013

If I could attach photo's on here of my examples I would, as I am happy to recommend these candles to anyone who is undecided about trying them. If you keep samples as I do, you can see some people produce a lot of debris and others very little. I have even burnt a couple of candles without putting them in anyone's ear just to see if the 'wax' collected could have come from the melting beeswax from the candle alone, and can report that this is not the case, the wax is what has risen out of the ear and the eaustachion tube. Thank you.

How Bad Is Cholesterol; The Use of Statin Drugs; The Cause Of Macular Edema; And The Effects Of A Healthy Eating Plan : From The Pink Book Series By Debbie Nicholson

1.0 out of 5 stars Promotes statins, 15 May 2013
This book was not what I expected. Having seen the negative side effects that statins have caused to my husband's health, I was hoping to glean information on why he has suffered, only to find that this book actually promotes the use of statins. The book was not of any help to me at all. Thank you.

What Can I Eat? Sugar Free Diet
What Can I Eat? Sugar Free Diet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 May 2013
This is a wonderful book that is full of really sound information and advice. Highly recommended for the sugar addict in us all, and even if I don't give up sugar I am aware of what I can do to wean myself off it gradually, and can now identify foods with high sugar content and what to have as a healthier alternative. Thank you.

Alkaline Diet Lose Weight Naturally
Alkaline Diet Lose Weight Naturally

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Easy to understand and follow., 11 May 2013
Excellent book for anyone looking for information on making their body alkaline. For me this book confirms everything I already knew as two years ago I had changed my diet and achieved brilliant results my going down this route. Read it and do as suggested and see the results very quickly. Thank you.

I Quit Sugar
I Quit Sugar

4.0 out of 5 stars Principle is good, fully putting into practice could be tricky, 9 May 2013
This review is from: I Quit Sugar (Kindle Edition)
Good book, loved all the principles, and I am giving it a go, although I know I will never be able to do it 100%. Sarah makes you aware of how much sugar is disguised in lots of products that we buy thinking they are healthy. I feel she has pointed out a reason for weight gain that the Doctors, the government and slimming clubs seem to overlook. All in all a worthwhile read that will help a good many people who buy it and put into practice what is being preached. Thank you.

Losing Your Pounds of Pain
Losing Your Pounds of Pain

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable book but not as useful as I expected, 26 April 2013
I love Doreen and assumed that this book would give me lots of answers. I could recognise myself in many parts of the book and can see the link to weight gain and pain. The book is written beautifully, as are all her books. It will be an excellent book for many, but unfortunately, although I could identify with parts of it I don't feel my old pain is my current issue for over eating, although the book has highlighted to me a pattern with food that I can identify with. Worth reading even if it just gives you a new insight into any current weight problems, I have never read anything with this theory before. Having said the above, I would recommend reading it and understand it totally.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2013 9:58 PM BST

Ten Years Younger In A Weekend (Beauty And Fashion Secrets To Look Younger Naturally Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick read for new ideas on how not to do things that I currently am doing, 7 April 2013
Enjoyed this book a lot. I needed someone to tell me how not to wear my shoulder length hair and will now put it up leaving tendrils rather than smart sleek bun or ponytail, how to go minimal with daily make up now my skin is 50 and to get right colour foundation rather than buy a bargain that is the wrong shade, out go my darker lipstick in favour of paler more suitable shades. I will be changing how I assemble my outfits and wear layered clothes instead of smart styles, I already knew about facial skin care but do neglect my hands and neck so another change here. I feel this book has taught me to relax and let go of my self created image that conformed with life ten years ago, and to now live and dress for today as body shape, skin tone and mind set means I am a different person now, who loves and accepts herself. I feel as if I can embrace the changes with joy and look forward to experimenting with new colours, clothes and make up techniques. I have read several other books in a similar vein to this, but found they do not seem to consider a personal budget. Jans book leaves this for the reader to decide as she is sharing ideas on how to really re assemble your style on what you more are less likely to have in your wardrobe or make up bag. My daughter tells me I am trapped in a time warp, I hope she will notice the changes I am going to make and approve of them. Thanks Jan for a great book.

Magical Clutter Clearing Boot Camp
Magical Clutter Clearing Boot Camp

5.0 out of 5 stars This book confirms how I feel about stagnant energies from my clutter, 26 Mar. 2013
Very short book, well written and confirms my beliefs on universal law. I feel stagnant energy around my possessions and know the time has come to get rid and let them go. Lots of other books out there on this subject but this one was especially nice, as the writer spoke my language. I will recommend this book to several of my friends as we can all feel a shift or change about to happen but none of us can identify what it is going to be. I think by following the steps in this book, it will help prepare us for the next part of our souls journey. My daughter does not share my spiritual beliefs but wants me to go through this process to make life easier for her so that she has not got so much of my stuff to sort out and make decisions on what she should do with my possessions. This book makes you think about what is required for us to live in the here and now, not the past or future. Thank you.

Page: 1 | 2