Profile for me > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ready Get Go [VINYL]
Ready Get Go [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite album of 2014, 16 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Ready Get Go [VINYL] (Vinyl)
If you love the Shaggs you'll enjoy this too, if you don't you'll probably hate it. It's just as bizarre. The playing is similar although a little more purposeful, the lyrics are playful as always. My favourite album of 2014.

Converse Pro Blaz Plus, Unisex Adults' Hi-Top Sneakers, Black (Noir), 7 UK (40 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and good design, 16 Mar. 2016
I love these trainers. Very comfortable. I feel like Marty Mcfly when I put them on. I pretend the velcro straps are power laces. They're not, obviously. They look nice and are keeping my feet reasonably dry so far. They fit as expected too.

Mooer Cruncher · Guitar Effect
Mooer Cruncher · Guitar Effect
Offered by Wildwire Guitars

4.0 out of 5 stars MOOER Cruncher, 16 Mar. 2016
The MOOER Cruncher is a decent distortion pedal. I bought it to replace my BOSS OS-2 as I am downsizing my pedal board. It took a little bit of playing with to get the sound I'm after and it can create some pretty extreme feedback in the wrong conditions but it does what I want it to and feels reasonably well made. I'm pleased with it so far.

Jim Dunlop CBM95 Cry Baby Mini Wah
Jim Dunlop CBM95 Cry Baby Mini Wah
Offered by GearTrex

4.0 out of 5 stars A must if you're looking to shrink your pedalboard, 16 Mar. 2016
What a fun little pedal. I've had it for about a month now and played it a few times. It does what you'd hope it to do and can plug into a power supply so I don't have to worry about batteries. The size takes a little getting used to but it's very responsive and very well made. The perfect wah for saving space on the pedal board. A must if you're downsizing.

Rockbag RB 20500 B Deluxe Stone Berger Bag for Electric Guitar - Black
Rockbag RB 20500 B Deluxe Stone Berger Bag for Electric Guitar - Black
Offered by SchneiderMusic

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for most travel sized electric guitars, 16 Mar. 2016
This bag is ideal for a travel guitar like a Hofner Shorty. Nicely padded and with a good sized pocket for cables etc. The single shoulder strap could be a little on the small side for some hence the missing star. I would prefer two straps for better security but other than this the bag is very well made and the best purchase I could find for a guitar this size.

Doc's Pro Plugs Medium Vented Pro Ear Plugs with Leash
Doc's Pro Plugs Medium Vented Pro Ear Plugs with Leash

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-purpose earplugs. Good for gigs, swimming etc., 20 Oct. 2015
I use these for gigging with a loud punk band. They've saved my hearing somewhat.
For the price they are very decent. They reduce the level of sound without completely muffling it, although they do muffle it a little bit. Traditional sponge earplugs cut out too many frequencies and cause confusion when playing but these retain a reasonable level of clarity in most circumstances..
For watching gigs they're also really great.
Obviously if you pay a lot more for custom plugs you can get better but I find these excellent. Also useful for swimming etc.

Premium Posture Correction Support Brace (Small)
Premium Posture Correction Support Brace (Small)

2.0 out of 5 stars sizes are too standard., 5 Oct. 2015
The small one is too small. It fits me around the waste but is too short and comes up to my ribs when it should fit around the stomach. They need to make more options for different shaped people. If you are 6ft and skinny this is not the product for you. If you are about 5' 7" and skinny it's probably about right...
The medium one would probably be about the right length but would be too loose around the waist. Disappointing. If it fits you properly it's probably great.

Digitech XTF Turbo Flange Guitar Pedal
Digitech XTF Turbo Flange Guitar Pedal

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not great., 5 Oct. 2015
It's ok this pedal. I don't find it particularly subtle but then I play in a punk band so it doesn't really have to be. It sounds very digital to my ears and if I were in a less abrasive band I would probably look at something else. Loads of functions though and you can probably get a good sound out of it. I just can't be bothered to spend too much time to work out how.

Crystal Travel Deodorant Stick - 40 g
Crystal Travel Deodorant Stick - 40 g

3.0 out of 5 stars Not totally convinced., 5 Oct. 2015
Does this product work? I'm really not sure. Some days I feel it has and some days I smell a bit so I don't know if I'm just sometimes smelly and this product does nothing or if sometimes I don't apply it properly.
I know some people swear by this stuff but I certainly find anti-perspirants more reliable despite the possible health concerns about blocking pores etc.
Maybe I'll just save up and get the sweat glands scraped out, then I wouldn't need any of this stuff. Actually, maybe I won't. Ouch.

camel active Daze, Men's Boots, Black Waxed Leather/Oil Suede, 7 UK (40.5 EU)
camel active Daze, Men's Boots, Black Waxed Leather/Oil Suede, 7 UK (40.5 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof and nicely designed. A rarity., 5 Oct. 2015
I normally dread needing new shoes. It takes me ages to find a pair I like at a price I find acceptable and in a material that I know will be long lasting and comfortable. Every year is the same. Spend far too long searching, find a pair I like, fork out £60-100 and not be able to afford to buy a second pair for back up, wear them out after a year's solid use, repeat. If only shoe companies would just keep the same designs I wouldn't have this problem every year...

Anyway... these just arrived and they fit quite nicely. A touch larger than I expected but with the laces tightened enough they fit fine. I can't wait to get out in the rain with these. One of very few pairs of Goretex shoes I've found that actually looks good as well. I think they're slightly bulkier looking than they are in the photos but they still look great. I really like the contrast stitching and the gum rubber sole.
I was a little concerned about the suede back but if there's Goretex protecting it then it should be fine.
At just shy of £100 these are at my maximum budget for shoes. Not exactly cheap but I expect to get a lot of mileage out of them. They'll probably be used for all sorts of occasions; everyday use, smart occasions and long walks.
I bought these to replace some Timberland Earthkeepers, which I loved but I don't like any of the new designs (see my beginning rant).
I'd never heard of Camel Active before but felt the reviews on here gave them enough praise to give them a shot. They remind me a little of Camper shoes aesthetically, which I've always looked at longingly but always felt were a little expensive for what they are and, thus, not bought..
So far so good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2015 12:29 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4