Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit
Profile for Mr. J. Norris > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Norris

Mr. J. Norris "radio ted" (Newton-le-Willows)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Just One Night
Just One Night

5.0 out of 5 stars One magic night, 18 July 2017
This review is from: Just One Night (Audio CD)
Not a huge collector of Clapton and live CDs can very hit and miss but this is outstanding from start to finish. The musicianship is fantastic but also the way it has been captured... and that's before you get to the set list spread over two discs. Terrific performances abound but if you want to hear raw Clapton before his sharp suited 80s output then this is the one to get.

The Natalie Merchant Collection
The Natalie Merchant Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Early impressions, 25 Jun. 2017
The purpose of this review is to give potential buyers an idea of what they will be getting for their money since info is scant about this product.

What you get is a 13cm x 13cm rigid, matt box with lift off lid (not clamshell) of 3.5cm depth. Inside you will find a well-made, hardback lyric book (100 pages it says on the spec) printed on silk paper pages complete with some photographs too. The type point size for the words is perfectly acceptable so you shouldn't have to squint or reach for the magnifying glass!

Beneath the book are the 10 discs in card wallets which will be familiar to anyone who has bought the likes of Original Album Series releases. No frills on them but the book makes up for this with lyrics, photos and credits etc.

A nice package with no unnecessary padding out.

Lunar Sea: An Anthology 1973-1985
Lunar Sea: An Anthology 1973-1985

4.0 out of 5 stars Lunacy not to have it, 15 Jun. 2017
Excellent collection from a band I thought I had grown out of. Some of the very early stuff I hadn't heard before is excellent and overall CD 1 is a joy. Things wane a bit on CD2 as the band changed style due to line up changes and the passage of time but this is a great value addition to any prog collection. The bootlet has an excellent essay about the band too.

WideEyed Crossing
WideEyed Crossing

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow burning gem, 15 Jun. 2017
This review is from: WideEyed Crossing (Audio CD)
An excellent CD, it is perfect for late night listening with its chilled out, acoustic-driven melodies and bitter sweet lyrics. The musicianship is superb across the 10 tracks and the album is a grower so be patient and enjoy as persistent listening will be rewarded.

QED Reference Audio 40 Interconnect (0.6 m)
QED Reference Audio 40 Interconnect (0.6 m)
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Hear the difference, 7 April 2017
I have just got a pair of these and first impressions are: "wow".
I needed a good quality RCA cable to link my DAB unit to my main Marantz amp and I have to say I am very impressed. I mainly listen to classical music and the detail these cables have picked up, as well as the bass depth, is truly impressive. I had the Atlas Integra before these (roughly £35) and they are fine but this is another leap up in quality and price admittedly. I am sure they will improve with running in but straight out of the box these are just excellent. If you want to extract every last nuance from recordings then I would heartily recommend giving these a try. Superb QED.

That's Where I Belong
That's Where I Belong

4.0 out of 5 stars This Belongs in your collection, 20 Sept. 2016
This review is from: That's Where I Belong (Audio CD)
Took a punt on this after previewing a couple of tracks in Spotify and it is rewarding me with each listen. I got the version with two discs and 9 tracks on each. The main album is good but not five star for me, I generally prefer the more subdued tracks which is good seeing as the second disc contains stripped down versions of five tunes from disc one with extras. It's a good album by someone I am completely new to. Recommended.

The Total Experience Live In Liverpool
The Total Experience Live In Liverpool

5.0 out of 5 stars A total prog pleasure, 25 July 2016
The musicianship on this is just outstanding. It is very definitely not just a rehash of the Hammersmith release (only three tracks are on both?) and represents great value for a 2CD and 2DVD set. The documentary, extras and videos amount to about an hour's viewing. It's obvious from watching that the scale of production isn't on the same level as the Hammersmith show (ie. less camera angles) but the audio and performances are first rate.

Looking On
Looking On

5.0 out of 5 stars The missing link for ELO fans, 25 July 2016
This review is from: Looking On (Audio CD)
I didn't know anything about this album until very recently and it is the missing link that joins The Move and Birmingham beat to ELO's early flourishes... It has a harder edge than you might imagine, definitely some of the Black Sabbath in this which is a surprise. Most of the lyrics are generally quite sixth form stuff but the arrangements are not. Surprise yourself and enjoy it.

70 Hits of the 70s
70 Hits of the 70s

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of killer, very little filler, 25 July 2016
This review is from: 70 Hits of the 70s (Audio CD)
A great collection of big and minor hits of the decade. Plenty of familiar tunes and some that were new to me. For the price you pay you cannot go wrong with this. I recommend it particularly if you are looking for a stocking filler or something to push you over the £20 barrier To qualify for free delivery. Excellent in the car or home hi fi.

Fender Guitars Quality Since 1946 Adult T-Shirt in Black (XX-Large)
Fender Guitars Quality Since 1946 Adult T-Shirt in Black (XX-Large)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds purchase, 25 July 2016
Decent quality t shirt and the print is good. It is what it is. One other reviewer suggested that the sizes were a bit on the stingy side but I didn't find that my own experience. I wanted XL but based on what the other person wrote I went for XXL and it is just that. But either way I recommend the garment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4