Profile for Tim > Reviews

Content by Tim

Tim

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Qifull Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock Windshield Car Mount Air Vent Mount Holder for Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Nexus 4,Lumia 920, HTC Rzound / Droid DNA, MOTO Droid Mini, iPhone, Samsung, LG, HTC and Other Qi-Enabled Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by Megafoundeu

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything I need it to and does it well., 18 Dec. 2016
I have not used the supplied charger, but instead use the Anker 2 Amp charger I have had for a few years. The unit fits well to my Kia Cee'd air vents and is positioned easily to suit any desired angle. The charger is able to maintain and increase charge in my Galaxy S7 through a Spigen Neo Hybrid case whilst running Copilot Premium, which is not the most battery friendly sat nav software. What more could I ask for?

Philishave HQ8894 Sensotec Mains/Rechargeable Shaver
Philishave HQ8894 Sensotec Mains/Rechargeable Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars God bless the 8894, 18 Dec. 2016
As we approach the end of 2016 I wonder - do I need to replace this shaver after 13 years, maybe more, of faultless service? Well, a full charge shows 136 minutes remaining and, without keeping records, I doubt I charge this thing more than once per month, probably rather less.

It has never gone wrong and maintenance is limited to an occasional rinse and new blades every couple of years. I'm only writing this review now because the Philips S9031 caught my eye at what seemed to be a reasonable price, but having read the reviews I see no reason whatsoever to spend £130 on a new shaver when for £27 I can make my 8894 as good as new and actually a superior product - longer life and integrated trimmer.

Newmowa Replacement Battery (2-Pack) and Dual USB Charger kit for Garmin Virb X and Virb XE
Offered by NewmowaUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product. Very good value., 29 Nov. 2016
Work every bit as well as the original battery, maybe a little better, and you get two of them, plus a charger for about the same price as one Garmin battery on its own.

6Pcs Rotatable Top Fixed Plate Plastic Castor Wheel 26mm Dia Roller
6Pcs Rotatable Top Fixed Plate Plastic Castor Wheel 26mm Dia Roller

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 29 Nov. 2016
I bought these to improve mobility of a TV stand, which was supplied only with stubby feet, totally unsuited to the job required, since moving the unit once kitted out would have been impossible. They have proved to be the perfect solution at modest cost. No complaints at all.

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Around Ear Wireless Headset - Black
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Around Ear Wireless Headset - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Very underwhelming and overpriced., 29 Nov. 2016
I bought these a few days ago from Amazon.es (Spain) when they were on a lightning sale. I paid £230 including delivery to the UK. Quite honestly I'm disappointed, even for £230. The noise cancellation adds white noise, even in a silent room, and cannot be turned off whilst using Bluetooth. Also, I can still hold a conversation with my partner in that otherwise silent room with the 'phones active. Sound quality does not seem to be anything special when watching films on TV. My only frame of reference otherwise are my Aftershokz Trekz Titanium headphones and various ear buds from Shure, Sony and Samsung. The Trekz obviously have their limitations, but are perfect for the job they are designed to do. The ear buds I have also seem to offer considerable bang per buck. These Momentum 2 Around Ear headphones are just too damned expensive, even at £230 for the performance offered. At the full £380 I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

MDA Designs Sirius 1200 TV Cabinet in Oak up to 55 inch
MDA Designs Sirius 1200 TV Cabinet in Oak up to 55 inch

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice unit for the money, but needs castors added to finish the job., 8 Nov. 2016
I bought mine from Laptops Direct, making a tidy saving in price. Delivery was made next day, although I only paid for "standard" delivery and the driver brought the package indoors and watched me unpack it to make sure that nothing was broken and that I was satisfied with everything.

Assembly was straightforward, although a little bit of a balancing act for one person alone. A second pair of hands would have made things easier. Instructions were clear and everything fitted as it should. The product looks good and accommodates Sky+ HD, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Denon AVR3802 AV receiver, two routers, a battery charger and the one connect box for my Samsung TV. Remotes all seem to work perfectly and the signal strength from my routers is fine. Note that due to the size of the AV receiver I could not fit the rear panel on one side. A modification would remedy the problem, but I've simply left the panel resting loose behind the unit. It is invisible like this and not an issue. I'm sure it aids ventilation/cooling in any case.

I have deducted one star because I felt it necessary to buy some castors as, fully loaded, it would be impossible to move it about with the supplied feet on carpet. The castors cost ~£7 for six from Amazon and I used five of them as the unit was supplied with five feet. Castors are barely visible underneath, but really help with shifting it into the corner after wiring up.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Black + Decker GLC3630L20-GB 36V Cordless Strimmer with 2.0Ah Li battery and charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this strimmer, 10 May 2016
Only used for one day, but initial impressions are very favourable. It's light, easy to handle, efficient and effective.

Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android
Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android

4.0 out of 5 stars Great HRM. Strap not so durable., 10 May 2016
A really terrific heart rate monitor and a tremendous advantage to have both Bluetooth and Ant+ together. I have deducted one star because the strap is falling to bits after about one year. It still works, for now, but I have bought another TickR in its place as it seems the best HRM out there for my needs.

3 x voltX 'CONSTRUCTOR' BIFOCAL Reading Safety Glasses CE EN166f certified/Cycling Sports Glasses (+1.5 Dioptre Clear, Yellow & Smoke Lens) - Wraparound Style - Includes Safety Cord with headstop
Offered by StraightLines

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cycling and a great value package., 10 May 2016
Everything as expected. Product is of good quality and well priced. I wore the dark glasses for around 10 hours during a 132 mile bike ride last weekend in brilliant sunshine. No problems at all with viewing the road or my bike computer and no eye strain at the end of it all.

Pulse PLS00318 Stand for Laptop/Projector
Pulse PLS00318 Stand for Laptop/Projector
Offered by Almost Anything Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems very good value for money and does the job required of it perfectly., 23 Dec. 2015
Supports my weighty 17" desktop replacement laptop quite well for a Zwift session, holding the laptop steady enough on carpeted floorboards even during an 800Watt plus sprint. Seems very good value for money and does the job required of it perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7