Profile for C. Oldham > Reviews

Jill Miller Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls - Joint & Muscle Pain Relief
Jill Miller Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls - Joint & Muscle Pain Relief
Offered by Western Spa

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, I find. If you know how to ..., 9 Nov. 2014
Superb, I find. If you know how to use them correctly, then they have the power to change how you feel / how your body moves in a very powerful way, I think. Jill Miller seems to be very knowledgeable and has helped me.

Narrow Dog To Carcassonne
Narrow Dog To Carcassonne
by Terry Darlington

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Oct. 2014
see my review for ND to IR

Narrow Dog to Indian River
Narrow Dog to Indian River
by Terry Darlington

4.0 out of 5 stars Terry Darlington's books are great stress busters and quite enlightening in other ways too, 20 Oct. 2014
Put simply, Terry Darlington's books are great stress busters and quite enlightening in other ways too...and I don't really love dogs either!

McNett Zip Care Maintenance, 60 ml
McNett Zip Care Maintenance, 60 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't actually hate this product but, 20 Oct. 2014
I don't actually hate this product but...I nearly do. It seems like a good idea and I have seen zip lubricant suggested by intelligent people who sell outdoor equipment. I have found that this stuff - it seems to me - clogs up the zip engagement so that two of my zips stopped staying together. Once cleaned, then this problem went away. Maybe it is just me, but I don't recommend this one, I'm afraid.

Notes from Walnut Tree Farm
Notes from Walnut Tree Farm
by Roger Deakin

5.0 out of 5 stars bath in this beauty, 13 April 2014
I first came across Roger Deakin (who died in 2006) some years ago when I saw him talking about wild swimming on TV when he had just written his book `Waterlog'. I read `Waterlog' back then which, just like `Notes from Walnut Tree Farm' (NfWF), is a book you can just dip into. Roger wasn't a dippy writer, but I'd say that, from his bravely open, artistic and demonstrative words, he was an unusual character with such a feeling and love of nature that I always wanted to read him as a treat. I think that this perhaps isn't always a truly objective assessment or view of the natural world, so some tolerance with Roger's ideas is needed. But once accepted as such, then I found myself bathing in his very real love and fascination of the natural surroundings of his home in Suffolk (close to Diss): bathing in his beautiful words. But I also often found myself learning solid and reliable facts too on a variety of topics spread over the course of a year. Positive and tender love radiates in NfWTF and this is because Roger was an especially sweet and romantic man, I think. And so a book well worth reading for many reasons as it's as much about a special, imaginative human being as about our native plants, trees and creatures. I often felt like getting into my car to go and see for myself the beauty he describes...even if it's not always quite like that in reality...you know?

The Art of Camping: The History and Practice of Sleeping Under the Stars
The Art of Camping: The History and Practice of Sleeping Under the Stars
by Matthew De Abaitua

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich and mind-altering, 1 Mar. 2014
This book attracted my attention having done quite a lot of wild camping myself: having run a little wild and being that sort of person... Without sounding like a weirdo and which I certainly am not, I think that:-

1 This book is probably not what you think it will be
2 It is rich book and I found it best in small doses
3 Reading it was mind-altering for me
4 The reviews on the cover are right
5 I found just a few of Matthew's ideas were not one's I agreed with, but that didn't spoil the book for me
6 How could anyone write such a high quality book about a seemingly bland subject?

Counterparts
Counterparts

5.0 out of 5 stars I just like it, 5 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Counterparts (Audio CD)
I'm not sufficiently musically literate to be able to tell anyone cogently why this is a good / brilliant album. I admit that. I just like it. It seems a very energetic, complex and thoughtful work. I think it's very creative, imaginative and mature - the songs stay with me. I hope others agree. I do love Rush and always have since the 1970's.

Rush - Beyond the Lighted Stage [DVD] [2010]
Rush - Beyond the Lighted Stage [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Rush
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Admirable Rush, 30 Aug. 2012
This was a gift over a year ago now: I've watched the whole lot several times and the concert section many times. I rate this as one of the nicest gifts I have ever received for many reasons... If you remember Rush from the late 70's onwards, then I think that listening to older Rush will be / must be meaningful. In a world of tension, conflict and unrest, then a short escape into the past like this is really just rather nice. An Admirable band. Genuinely talented.

Superflirt
Superflirt
by Tracey Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars good on yer Tracy, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Superflirt (Paperback)
I came to buy this book as it lead on, naturally, from an interest in personalities: and after I had done some classes in that subject. I am so glad that I read this book, and I'm so glad that Tracy Cox has written it too. Flirting came easily to me when I was a boy, but somehow or other life had made me block out this great way to communicate. If T.C. is reading this, then a big thank you to you.
Life is so much more of a real joy to be able to flirt unselfconsciously just as I used to as a child and also in a real sexy way too. As an NF type romantic, I do recommend this book completely. Flirting, you know, can be just pure fun.

Bridgedale Coolmax Liner (M, Black)
Bridgedale Coolmax Liner (M, Black)
Offered by Martcom Computer Solutions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars toe loop finish means, and is a sign of, super quality, 10 Jan. 2011
A toe loop finish means, and is a sign of, super quality and comfort. These socks have been made this way and they are unnoticeably comfortable until they do eventually sag. Sagging takes a long, long time to happen, and by that time you will have had your money's worth out them. I wear these even in -13 together with trekker socks and they foot(sic) the bill for me.

Page: 1 | 2